Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Breaking news: Quinn Ewers enters transfer portal for 2nd time.

I know it’s a joke but the timing is perfect. Ewers establishes himself and the program this year and enters next year as a Heisman candidate. arch comes to town and gets spot playing time as the backup/development guy. 
I know they have said he’s redshirting, but he’s not redshirting. They won’t need the 5th year. He might end up with a redshirt bc of the 4 free game rule if things go well in 23. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

I know it’s a joke but the timing is perfect. Ewers establishes himself and the program this year and enters next year as a Heisman candidate. arch comes to town and gets spot playing time as the backup/development guy. 
I know they have said he’s redshirting, but he’s not redshirting. They won’t need the 5th year. He might end up with a redshirt bc of the 4 free game rule if things go well in 23. 

He’s redshirting. He wants to redshirt. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He can still RS and play in 4 games. Arch is RS'ing.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

He’s redshirting. He wants to redshirt. 

We will see. I don’t mean he’s pushing for playing time and expecting to be a day 1 starter. I mean he’s getting developmental snaps in 23, likely playing in 4 games as he gets his feet wet, and the guy if Ewers gets hurt. That might be technically considered red shirting but I consider that “second string QB”. 
I acknowledged I’m well aware of what they said. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

@bar Spoiler your post and mark is NSFW. Some of us are still at work even though we're obviously getting nothing done.

Ah shoot, i thought the bandaids made it safe. I can't edit but reported to mods to edit. Sorry for the trouble.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We will see. I don’t mean he’s pushing for playing time and expecting to be a day 1 starter. I mean he’s getting developmental snaps in 23, likely playing in 4 games as he gets his feet wet, and the guy if Ewers gets hurt. That might be technically considered red shirting but I consider that “second string QB”. 
I acknowledged I’m well aware of what they said. 

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s almost like that’s exactly what the last sentence of my post that you quoted said. 

You can call it whatever you want. WinningIsHard allegedly calls his thumb mommy. What you literally described was the fucking definition of Red Shirting. You can call it whatever the fuck you want, but when it comes to eligibility, he's red shirting. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You can call it whatever you want. WinningIsHard allegedly calls his thumb mommy. What you literally described was the fucking definition of Red Shirting. You can call it whatever the fuck you want, but when it comes to eligibility, he's red shirting. 

Bet you whatever you want if Ewers goes down he’s the guy. Almost like there’s a nuance that I was explicitly talking about while acknowledging he might end up with a red shirt because of the new rules.