Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

22 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Of course this all went down as soon as I got into the car for a lunch meeting. What a huge moment for Texas and 10 year old me who's first favorite football player was Peyton Manning. 

10 year olds driving to lunch meetings? Fucking millennials 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Bet you whatever you want if Ewers goes down he’s the guy. Almost like there’s a nuance that I was explicitly talking about while acknowledging he might end up with a red shirt because of the new rules. 

There's a phrase for that too. It's called "Burning a Red Shirt." Almost like there's explicit framework that's been existence for several decades now in college football vernacular to describe what's happening here, or what happens in your scenario. So again, you can call it whatever you want. But he's red-shirting. And if there is an injury and he burns his shirt, so be it. But your initial premise was based on the concept that red-shirt means jack shit because he won't be here that long...which is ironic since you just cited injuries as a reason he might play early. That door swings both ways, as he could get injured and set his own timeline back. Classifications matter for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Having the Manning name means he will inherently be overrated. But, if he’s a mid 4 star talent with possibly the highest pull ability of any recruit ever I’m pretty good with that still.

Regardless of where he is right now as a player, his mental eval is absolutely elite. The way he went through this process is the way he will prepare. Like Peyton late in his career, he will be able to win games with his mind even if his physical talent doesn't quite live up to ridiculous expectations.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1