Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Pettaway may be looking at it from a touch perspective rather than coach. Unfortunate but understandable in a sense that the WR room here is continuing to get stock piled with elite talent where as OU is damn near bare. Bit of a role reversal from the past 10 years 

I don't think we are stacked at receiver here, especially in the timeframe Pettaway would be playing here. And anyone who has the speed, deep ball ability of Pettaway has as good a chance as anyone of finding success in Sark's offense. Add to that the Arch commitment. It is what it is though. Maybe the staff will get more aggressive in the recruitment in order to land him; or maybe they aren't as high on him. I think OU has simply out-recruited Texas for Pettaway.

11 minutes ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I don't think we are stacked at receiver here, especially in the timeframe Pettaway would be playing here. And anyone who has the speed, deep ball ability of Pettaway has as good a chance as anyone of finding success in Sark's offense. Add to that the Arch commitment. It is what it is though. Maybe the staff will get more aggressive in the recruitment in order to land him; or maybe they aren't as high on him. I think OU has simply out-recruited Texas for Pettaway.

Fair enough. Point mainly being he could probably see himself starting at OU next year. If his goal is to get on the field as fast as possible that is. Either way one position in not worried about with Sark is WR. He'll find some dudes regardless. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Huddle: Cedric Baxter notes, checking in on two five-stars, another crystal ball

Hudson Standish

Spoiler

The Huddle: Cedric Baxter notes, checking in on two five-stars, another crystal ball

Hudson Standish

I mentioned today in the comments of a post that the early vibe from Cedric Baxter was that the Arch Manning commitment news was "lit, but wouldn't impact his recruiting process." What the source who relayed that message told me was that he views Texas as the current leader and Baxter isn't going to alter his timeline so you end up with the above quote.

I made a couple more calls about Baxter and across multiple recruiting circles the overwhelming word is that Texas is the leader. So I decided to follow Steve Wiltfong and make a crystal ball prediction for Baxter to Texas. As we've previously reported, Texas A&M is the biggest threat in this recruitment.

Mike and I have talked on the podcast and reported since Baxter's official visit that we loved where Texas stands in his recruitment and this pick reflects that trendline more than a reactionary prediction after Arch Manning popped.

Two national recruits that we have been circling for the past month are five-star offensive tackle Kadyn Proctor and five-star tight end Duce Robinson. The early returns we're getting from Proctor are that it might be too late for the Horns to make a substantial push as the mammoth OT is prioritizing Iowa and Alabama at the moment. We're going to continue to monitor Proctor as we know for a fact he and Manning have a pretty solid relationship but as of right now I struggle to see much developing.

Where we have heard some initial positive returns is Pinnacle's (Pheonix, AZ) Duce Robinson. We're waiting on a few calls and updates from Robinson at the moment, but as I stay cautious on Proctor I think there is some room for Texas to truly enter the race with Georgia and USC for Robinson. 

In addition to Manning's commitment, how Texas effectively uses Jahleel Billinsgley and Ja'Tavion Sanders at tight end this upcoming season will be watched closely. The likelihood of Texas basing out of 12 personnel gives me the feeling a three tight end class isn't out of the possibility.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Hudson Standish

Reveal hidden contents

Hudson Standish

I mentioned today in the comments of a post that the early vibe from Cedric Baxter was that the Arch Manning commitment news was "lit, but wouldn't impact his recruiting process." What the source who relayed that message told me was that he views Texas as the current leader and Baxter isn't going to alter his timeline so you end up with the above quote.

I made a couple more calls about Baxter and across multiple recruiting circles the overwhelming word is that Texas is the leader. So I decided to follow Steve Wiltfong and make a crystal ball prediction for Baxter to Texas. As we've previously reported, Texas A&M is the biggest threat in this recruitment.

Mike and I have talked on the podcast and reported since Baxter's official visit that we loved where Texas stands in his recruitment and this pick reflects that trendline more than a reactionary prediction after Arch Manning popped.

Two national recruits that we have been circling for the past month are five-star offensive tackle Kadyn Proctor and five-star tight end Duce Robinson. The early returns we're getting from Proctor are that it might be too late for the Horns to make a substantial push as the mammoth OT is prioritizing Iowa and Alabama at the moment. We're going to continue to monitor Proctor as we know for a fact he and Manning have a pretty solid relationship but as of right now I struggle to see much developing.

Where we have heard some initial positive returns is Pinnacle's (Pheonix, AZ) Duce Robinson. We're waiting on a few calls and updates from Robinson at the moment, but as I stay cautious on Proctor I think there is some room for Texas to truly enter the race with Georgia and USC for Robinson. 

In addition to Manning's commitment, how Texas effectively uses Jahleel Billinsgley and Ja'Tavion Sanders at tight end this upcoming season will be watched closely. The likelihood of Texas basing out of 12 personnel gives me the feeling a three tight end class isn't out of the possibility.

Sad to hear that about Proctor. That kid is a titan.

On 9/5/2021 at 8:34 PM, Sir Ulrich said:

Still drinking the Kool aid so gonna go with the following bold predictions to happen in the next 14 days.

1. Texas curb stomps Arkansas. 

2. Texas to the SEC in 2022 is announced or leaked after the Arkansas win. 

3. Texas lands Arch to kick off the biggest swing of recruiting momentum since Texas Sally started making her cookies. 

It look longer than 14 days but a .333 batting average isn't terrible

• Haha 9