Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not liking those percentage chances from IT on Shelby.

So many people from Friendswood go to A&M that they call it Friendswood North. There will be negative recruiting from all the Aggies in town unless Shelby decides to commit while on a visit. A good recruit from Friendswood will get an unprecedented amount of attention, which to me could be a negative. There hasn’t been a good football player coming out of that town since Jaxson Appel in the 2001 class. I don’t think Shelby is the kind of person who will just go to A&M, but that’s the environment he’s dealing with. 

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, MH BEVO said:

So far this cycle I’ve heard a lot about the recruiting efforts of Choice and Marion (which is great to see the younger coaches get after it). Obviously Sark just hit his grand slam, however, I haven’t heard much about our “Ace” Jeff Banks. Who is he zeroing in on?

Man is a living legend 

download.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Getafix said:

Nothing says happy hour quite like a Daddy98 special ... 

image.thumb.png.34d12d03ad541e32ad386b4b0f53f553.png

I've been drinking for the last 5.5 hours and I can't even begin to approach those kinds of typos. I feel like he either has a truly horrific alcohol problem or he's regularly using krokodil. 

Or it could just be that amazing aggy education in action

• Haha 3

Bobby:

The prevailing thought for some time has been that if Arch Manning were to commit to the Longhorns, the recruiting floodgates would open.

That prognostication, it turns out, appears like it’s going to be accurate.

We have heard of af least one new commitment already from this recruiting weekend.

Now, we’re not naming the player, nor will we play a guessing game with IT members, because the players deserves the right to announce his decision in his own way.

But suffice to say, Manning’s pledge is creating momentum for Texas.

In the immediate aftermath of Manning’s pledge, not only did Texas receive unsolicited phone calls from some of the nation’s top recruits and ones atop the Longhorns’ board, but Arch’s commitment seems to have re-energized the existing prospects. I’m talking about ones who have already visited, ones who are on campus this weekend and ones the Horns are still attempting to get there.

The impact is far-reaching. Heck, it’s even garnering attention among the class of 2024 prospects, too.

As for this recruiting class and Manning’s immediate impact, there are half a dozen players who could be deciding in the next couple of weeks, most of whom I now believe favor Texas in some small part because of the momentum created by Manning’s pledge.

No, Manning is not the sole reason these players will commit. But the reality is, Manning’s confidence in selecting the Horns provides credibility for the rest of the Texas coaching staff at all positions. It gives the Texas coaches something that they couldn’t easily produce otherwise, and that’s the third-party belief in their program by me one not currently inside the program with the stature of a Manning.

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Now, we’re not naming the player, nor will we play a guessing game with IT members, because the players deserves the right to announce his decision in his own way.

But we can sure as shit do it here. Johntay? 

I will write a post comparing Choate to Dick Butkus as the greatest linebacker and linebacker coach of all time if Evan Stewart stays at A&M. As soon as he realizes that offense is costing him multiple draft rounds and he gets a good NIL offer, he gone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I will write a post comparing Choate to Dick Butkus as the greatest linebacker and linebacker coach of all time if Evan Stewart stays at A&M. As soon as he realizes that offense is costing him multiple draft rounds and he gets a good NIL offer, he gone. 

Fuck the Stewart(s)
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1