Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

21 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

We now know the old timers and smartest posters are. 

One for sure … Knot Hole Gang.  As for Gilbert, if I remember correctly, he was the first RB in NCAA history to gain >1000 yards in each of his 3 seasons (no frosh on varsity in those days).

Edited by VirginiaLonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Must be a little brother 

I hope he's Anthony Hill's kin for a number of reasons looking at that pic. Do anything you have to do to get Hill, he's exactly what we want and need in our program. If we can win that one, that would be Arch impact to recruiting IMO. Everyone has had he & Hicks to aggie.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, rvm96 said:
16 hours ago, RollLeft said:

All i see/hear is some nobody trying to elevate themselves by associating himself with the largest name/headline of the day.  

It's called cheap best in wrestling to get people to boo the heel. 

It's cheap heat. The heel says something bad about the local area/team to get a negative reaction.

One of the best in getting the crowd to boo was in 2018, 10 years after the sonics left Seattle.

9 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

It's cheap heat. The heel says something bad about the local area/team to get a negative reaction.

One of the best in getting the crowd to boo was in 2018, 10 years after the sonics left Seattle.

I must have misspelled cheap heat as hest and it was autocorrected 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Was always a longshot, but hate to see that. Gerry did say on EGAT that he thinks Chatman is the more important recruiting battle to win, FWIW. 

He wasnt saying Chatman was better than Heard. 

He was saying it was better that Texas beats out aggy and OUsux for Chatman. Rather than get Heard from LSU. 

Heard is the better recruit. 

But beating aggy and OUsux for Chatman would look better in all phases of the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, campcrunk said:

I've been drinking for the last 5.5 hours and I can't even begin to approach those kinds of typos. I feel like he either has a truly horrific alcohol problem or he's regularly using krokodil. 

"Or"?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Stroh looks like Hayden Connor on steroids.  

Even with several other lineman in that back row Stroh looks like a fucking monster.  Looking forward to seeing him in his Senior year - some other posters (on IT) were saying that he has lost some bad weight and was looking better in camps.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Even with several other lineman in that back row Stroh looks like a fucking monster.  Looking forward to seeing him in his Senior year - some other posters (on IT) were saying that he has lost some bad weight and was looking better in camps.

Stroh is like you can't go around him and you sure can't go through him.  Big Mofo.  

25 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

He (Gullette) allegedly injured a knee in a pickup basketball game (why he’s playing with pickups I’ll never know) a couple weeks ago, there’s never been any indication he’s had surgery. I, too feel encouraged he’s able to bend either knee like that. 

I know you're @Vito Andolini, so when you were 17-18, it was pickup soccer instead of basketball.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

He wasnt saying Chatman was better than Heard. 

He was saying it was better that Texas beats out aggy and OUsux for Chatman. Rather than get Heard from LSU. 

Heard is the better recruit. 

But beating aggy and OUsux for Chatman would look better in all phases of the game. 

Correct, that’s why I phrased it the way I did. 

• Hook 'Em 2