Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

IT said that Texas had a great visit with Hill but that its likely going to be a Texas/aggy battle until he announces in the fall.

It will probably come down to who drops the bigger bag and/or NIL.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

Stroh, Cojoe, Wilson all Fong'd to Texas.

All good takes but god damn it, I want us to land some top players that normally would not have come here given our 5-7 record last year. Where is the #archeffect?

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Fuck is wrong with you? He committed like two fucking days ago.

Umm, we have seven silents since then. I was joking about not landing any top talent yet but you get my drift. I want archeffect to mean we get those guys, not just accelerate commitment for guys who we can land any year.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

Umm, we have seven silents since then. I was joking about not landing any top talent yet but you get my drift. I want archeffect to mean we get those guys, not just accelerate commitment for guys who we can land any year.

I get it.  A few of those guys weren’t locks though.   And Baxter is a top 3 back.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Gerry just said the secret OL recruit was Payton Kirkland, but Texas wants him to come to the Bama game. However, Gerry believes the OL class will likely be done before.

Gerry just said "Update. Heads up." 5 minutes ago.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Reaction coming in from a big recruiting weekend at Texas

Steve Wiltfong

Top 30 Beckinsale Smile GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Spoiler

Reaction coming in from a big recruiting weekend at Texas

Steve Wiltfong

Texas is wrapping up another big recruiting weekend in Austin and Steve Sarkisian and company are looking to stay hot after landing the nation’s No. 1 recruit in five-star quarterback Arch Manning on Thursday.

No surprise the Longhorns are tracking for an explosive receiver class, already holding a pledge from Ryan Niblett and trending for one from Johntay Cook II the second who is in town for his official visit.

There were some key defenders on campus too, headlined by the No. 1 linebacker in the land Anthony Hill.

“The Austin trip was amazing,” Hill said of his official. “What excited me about this time is you can see the rise with all the new guys they brought in.”

Friendswood (Texas) High four-star edge rusher Braylan Shelby is one Texas would love to have.

“My time in Austin was amazing,” Shelby said. “I really enjoyed that family atmosphere not only with the coaches but with all the players. You can tell how well they connect with each other.

“What excites me about the Longhorn program is the direction they’re going in. They have this amazing plan to bring Texas back, and with the commitment of Arch Manning you can see a lot of things starting to fall in place.”

247Sports asked Shelby if Texas was the one to beat moving forward.

“I would say so,” he answered. “They are definitely up there. It’s definitely going to be hard to make a decision now.”

Texas has 247Sports No. 16 recruiting class at this point in the process. They finished No. 5 a cycle ago and will look to make a run at another top five haul this go-round. I added 247Sports Crystal Ball Forecasts in favor of the Longhorns for offensive linemen Connor Stroh and Andre Cojoe along with receiver Jonah Wilson.

Stay tuned as more reaction comes in.

• Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Look, this is dragging on too long. I’m going to take a nap, maybe watch an episode of Dark Winds. When I come back I want to see commitments. Understand?

You hear me? I’m serious, now. 

How was that nap?  Now go take another.  Maybe more will commit 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

IT said that Texas had a great visit with Hill but that its likely going to be a Texas/aggy battle until he announces in the fall.

Lefao, Gullette, and Burrell is a damn good class already, getting Hill would make it maybe the best LB class in the country.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4