Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

43 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

You're still stalking me? English is not my first language, so I guess that makes me less smart? Put me on ignore. 

Congrats on learning English well enough to converse on this BBS full of degenerates and sociopaths. I wish I could irritate people with my long winded takes about Los Astros on a Spanish speaking board. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mike at Night: Thoughts on the big day and a new Crystal Ball for the Longhorns

Mike Roach

Roach putting in a flip pick for Goosby, and waiting just a bit on Walton (he could see Walton flipping, too).

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Thoughts on the big day and a new Crystal Ball for the Longhorns

Mike Roach

— What a wild weekend it's been. As I've been spending some time with family on my birthday and getting packed for vacation, Hudson has been carrying a huge workload making sure all of these stories are getting published. We knew going into the weekend there would be some activity, but this is about as well as I've ever seen a visit weekend work out.

— Is it done? Not quite. While we aren't sure if anything will be announced tonight, I could see the Longhorns flipping Big 12 commits Trevor Goosby (TCU) and Billy Walton (Oklahoma State). I was told that Goosby had an unbelievable trip and Kyle Flood could be close to landing his fourth offensive lineman in the class. Walton told me the trip was hands down his best visit and he wanted to think things over about where things stand with Oklahoma State and the possibility of playing at Texas. I'm putting in a flip pick for Goosby and am waiting just a bit on Walton.

— Speaking of offensive line, the three guys that committed today all have something in common. Kyle Flood and Texas were first to offer Connor Stroh, Jaydon Chatman and Andre Cojoe. That paid off as Texas established the early relationship and almost recruited the three of them as a cohesive unit. So far through two cycles at Texas, Flood has been able to put together some nice groups at a position that needed it.

— I spoke with Anthony Hill tonight and it sounds like Texas smashed the visit with the five-star linebacker. Hill said now that he's taken four of his visits, he's going to cut to two finalists sometime in the near future. If I had to guess, it will be Texas and Texas A&M. While the Aggies are still the perceived leader for him, Texas is very much in position to win him over. Jeff Choate had a huge role in his visit weekend and the two connected well while talking ball and scheme, according to Hill.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

You don't have to be thankful for anything. I just expressed my opinion on something that is slightly different from the rest of the group. Is that not allowed? What I said is what most others outside of this ecochamber is saying. Anyway, I am out. 

Fuck you for giving UT EE's a bad name. Ohm's law is ashamed of your shit.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, TommyGufano said:

For the OV food analysts

image_6487327 (8).JPG

III Forks is great, but I wonder why they didn't go to VY Steakhouse?

Also, what's the best steakhouse in College Station? Outback or Saltgrass?

I hope Baxter saw this tweet after he finished his Puppy Chow. 

10 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Any news on Baxter after his A&M visit today?

https://247sports.com/player/cedric-baxter-jr-46098809/

Perroni had an article with the usual quotes ("Amazing!!" ... )

He did - apparently - say A&M gave him "something" to think about.

Would be curious if Gerry or one of the other UT guys spoke with him after the visit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Yale Patt was my old roommate's thesis adviser. I met him once. He's a weird dude, but apparently filthy rich. Bought real estate in downtown Austin some 30-40 years ago and is cashing in now.

Yale Patt accused me and my roommate of copying each other's code in EE360N.  He knocked our grades by two letter grades for my one and only F.  Fuck him

2 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

III Forks is great, but I wonder why they didn't go to VY Steakhouse?

Also, what's the best steakhouse in College Station? Outback or Saltgrass?

I hope Baxter saw this tweet after he finished his Puppy Chow. 

Outback’s prime rib is usually on point. Mike Roach and I are both unashamed to crush a couple apps at Saltgrass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Perroni had an article with the usual quotes ("Amazing!!" ... )

He did - apparently - say A&M gave him "something" to think about.

Would be curious if Gerry or one of the other UT guys spoke with him after the visit.

Calculator!!!!!

We always use to get that “Amazing” then end up with a broken heart 3 days later 

#RevengeTour

Edited by D3zii
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Gullete and Shelby seem in.. I don't think we have room for Walton unless they're looking to process someone already? You save spots for Akana and Hill imo

Gullette is a wildcard as to what his full time position will be. Heck he might split snaps at LB and Edge. So I think there is room for Walton. As it is, there is not great depth at the LB and Edge positions, so it doesn't make sense to turn Walton away if he's still interested.

3 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Yale Patt was my old roommate's thesis adviser. I met him once. He's a weird dude, but apparently filthy rich. Bought real estate in downtown Austin some 30-40 years ago and is cashing in now.

Don't mean to derail the thread but Yale Patt is considered the father of superscaler microprocessor architecture and one of the legends of the field. My advisor was Nur Touba, one of the nicest professors I have ever had. I have fond memories of my 6 years at UTEE even though I didn't work in this field too long.

Those who are pissed off at some of my eariier posts, go ahead and neg me and get it over with. No need to keep dragging this on. I said what I said. I will move on and stop responding.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Gullete and Shelby seem in.. I don't think we have room for Walton unless they're looking to process someone already? You save spots for Akana and Hill imo

You don’t have to save a spot for anyone. There are no numbers now except 85, and that’s a layup to get to every year that doesn’t ever require even a modicum of pain in who gets processed. 

• Like 1