Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Just now, txduck87 said:

Wanna know how I know you old? Hell I’m 56 and know that one .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s worse than that bc I’ve heard that before and forgot what it was and had no chance at all of remembering it. Like none. My brain is turning to mush and I can’t even blame hard living, illicit drugs or recent alcohol consumption. It’s a bitch. 

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Don't mean to derail the thread but Yale Patt is considered the father of superscaler microprocessor architecture and one of the legends of the field. My advisor was Nur Touba, one of the nicest professors I have ever had. I have fond memories of my 6 years at UTEE even though I didn't work in this field too long.

Those who are pissed off at my some of eariier posts, go ahead and neg me and get it over with. No need keep dragging this on. I said what I said. I will move on and stop responding.

Look, man, the point is, if you don't see why what's going right now is a lot more like what happened in 1997-98 than what has been going on over the past ten years, the fact that our classes over the past decade -- outside of the class that brought in Maalik -- have been paper tigers at best, that the past year has seen Sark actually addressing areas of need both on the field and on the sidelines... I mean, c'mon, sometimes good things can happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Look, man, the point is, if you don't see why what's going right now is a lot more like what happened in 1997-98 than what has been going on over the past ten years, the fact that our classes over the past decade -- outside of the class that brought in Maalik -- have been paper tigers at best, that the past year has seen Sark actually addressing areas of need both on the field and on the sidelines... I mean, c'mon, sometimes good things can happen.

I said none of that. I said we had a unique opportunity to land top tier talent in this class due to landing Arch. I hoped some national guys would consider us now who otherwise would not have. I don't want staff to fill up on bread when given time, like last cycle, they may get elite talent at positions of need. That's what it takes to win championships. Bama, UGA, tOSU have multiple top 10-20 guys at each position. They don't take a class off. That's what will make it a great class. This can be our time because of the clout Arch brings.

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I said none of that. I said we had a unique opportunity to land top tier talent in this class due to landing Arch. I hoped some national guys would consider us now who otherwise would not have. I don't want staff to fill up on bread when given time, like last cycle, they may get elite talent at positions of need. That's what it takes to win championships. Bama, UGA, tOSU have multiple top 10-20 guys at each position. They don't take a class off. That's what will make it a great class. This can be our time because of the clout Arch brings.

... And the LB from Hawaii and a 4-Star WR aren't that?

Look, man... The next time someone on the internet doubles down on a stupid take, and it works, will be the first time.

I should know; I've been posting idiotic takes to the internet since 1991. All under this alias. You can find me way back when, from ccwf.cc.utexas.edu, with the hot take that Id Software should focus on the enjoyable platformer Commander Keen rather than the empty-hearted but flashy 3D games like Wolf3D. (I wish I was making this up.)

So yeah, don't double down on dumb. Move on.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Rimbo said:

Look, man... The next time someone on the internet doubles down on a stupid take, and it works, will be the first time.

I should know; I've been posting idiotic takes to the internet since 1991. All under this alias. You can find me way back when, from ccwf.cc.utexas.edu, with the hot take that Id Software should focus on the enjoyable platformer Commander Keen rather than the empty-hearted but flashy 3D games like Wolf3D. (I wish I was making this up.)

No you doubled down on your dumb take because I said repeatedly that i was esctatic about Liona. You never really read my posts. 

Edited by UTEE97
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

9o6E.gif

That's a terrible fucking take

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Commander Keen....trying to escape the Vorticons on Mars. You just brought me back to my childhood.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Your opinion has been noted, you can stop spamming the board with it. It’s not even that interesting of a take.

• Hook 'Em 7

3 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

9o6E.gif

That's a terrible fucking take

It's legitimately horrible. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and slap my stupid ass silly.

And yes, I've seen this still preserved in USENET archives. comp.sys.ibm.pc.games, back when it was just one group.

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Commander Keen....trying to escape the Vorticons on Mars. You just brought me back to my childhood.

My first Keen game was "Goodbye, Galaxy." But I did go back to the older ones later. Nowadays, I can't stand platformers. Would take a good FPS over that any day of the week.

I gotta find that post. For hilarity.

My first Keen game was "Goodbye, Galaxy." But I did go back to the older ones later. Nowadays, I can't stand platformers. Would take a good FPS over that any day of the week.

I gotta find that post. For hilarity.

Holy shit, I found it.

https://groups.google.com/g/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games/c/1BbeBTbCqe4/m/aygpRDsiyxUJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It's legitimately horrible. If I had a time machine, I'd go back and slap my stupid ass silly.

And yes, I've seen this still preserved in USENET archives. comp.sys.ibm.pc.games, back when it was just one group.

parks and recreation nerd GIF

Just kidding.... Seriously though.   Those that can find something to complain about on a day when multiple players commit, more are in the pipeline and in the same week that the top player in the country commits are a special brand of sad. Just stay off the boards or switch teams.  You aren't going to be happy.  

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You don’t have to save a spot for anyone. There are no numbers now except 85, and that’s a layup to get to every year that doesn’t ever require even a modicum of pain in who gets processed. 

but the numbers and what if someone on campus doesn't like that we take Walton????

44 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Those who are pissed off at some of my eariier posts, go ahead and neg me and get it over with. No need keep dragging this on. I said what I said. I will move on and stop responding.

"I said what I said" ??  😋

8 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm glad to see theres a unified front for Anthony Hill, but have we heard any more about David Hicks? I think Katy is a Aggy pipeline but that would be a huge get imo

Per Gerry, they are definitely responsive to Texas after Arch.  Obviously if we win and the defense looks improved, it will help tremendously.  Keep recruiting until december.