Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

35 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Son of a bitch!  I anxiously await the site coming back up to see what 5 star committment caused the crash only to find out @immamac apparently dribbled mcrib sauce into the server.

If we could just get him to try a lower sodium sauce, the likelihood of a short would be much lower.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Just post your phone number here and I'm sure we can get that corrected.  In fact, go ahead and post your address too just in case you don't hear the phone and we have to drag you out of bed.

Anyone that inquires about the phone tree gets added to the phone tree. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Why are we loading up on (what 247 says are) 3 star linemen?  They fit Flood's requirements?  Just curious why Arch wouldn't attract a much higher caliber of linemen.

8 of our last 11 OL commits are consensus 4/5 stars (per Gerry), and that's not to say the current 3 star guys should be, or will remain there. Stacking high ceiling guys is a luxury, not a negative. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Ricky's one-hitter said:

8 of our last 11 OL commits are consensus 4/5 stars (per Gerry), and that's not to say the current 3 star guys should be, or will remain there. Stacking high ceiling guys is a luxury, not a negative. 

Gracias.  Don't get me wrong, love signing lots of the big fellas but was just confused by the rankings.  I can't say I follow recruiting incredibly closely, so appreciate the reply. 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Why are we loading up on (what 247 says are) 3 star linemen?  They fit Flood's requirements?  Just curious why Arch wouldn't attract a much higher caliber of linemen.

Getting more developmental type guys with low floors but very high ceilings this year after last years haul.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I trust Flood’s eval over some dork in his mom’s basement who was once the water boy for his high school soccer team.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eggo said:

I for one have no issue with taking a higher quantity of big fellas every year who might develop than resting our laurels on 1 or 2 "saviors" who don't pan out. 

Yeah and one of the best things about all of this is that Kyle Flood can move on to developing those 2024 relationships. The train is finally rolling downhill on OL recruiting and that’s about the best damn news we’ve had in the past decade. That’s how you get this program back to where it needs to be.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, Eggo said:

I for one have no issue with taking a higher quantity of big fellas every year who might develop than resting our laurels on 1 or 2 "saviors" who don't pan out. 

don't get me wrong, i love the grinders <insert Joe Wickline fan fic here about some underrated player who knows how to shake his hand> but 10/10 times i want the Devon Campbell, Kelvin Banks, Tyler Johnson, Patrick Hudson style of guy over anyone else. give me the guy with NFL measurables who could go in the top 5 of the draft.

side note, going back to like 2016 those are the only top 50 OL we have recruited so not sure what saviors you think Texas has recruited who play on the OL?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1