Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Now and again I reflect on how ballsy it is to offer up ratings to 4 decimal places. 

Some econ (?) professor wrote a paper that concluded that the more decimal places you show, the more likely people will assume/believe that your calculations are precise.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

No need to kick a dude when he's down. The guy is 7 months removed from a torn ACL. I'm surprised he's even running at full speed at this point. 

Plus he has to live with the weight of having a few loser brothers.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Some econ (?) professor wrote a paper that concluded that the more decimal places you show, the more likely people will assume/believe that your calculations are precise.

If someone asks me how far away something is I tell them 18 minutes or 21 minutes and it 20. They are impressed by the certainty. Never fails. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He calculated it as a 0.712304846261 correlation.

• Like 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

If someone asks me how far away something is I tell them 18 minutes or 21 minutes and it 20. They are impressed by the certainty. Never fails. 

If I asked someone how far away something was, and their response was "18 minutes or 21 minutes and it 20. ..." I wouldn't be impressed.

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Vacek has short arms and isn’t nearly as athletic as other guys they’re on. Also, he’s a magnet for the Westlake honks on this board. I’m rooting for Oregon. 

If you combined the tiny hands of Hudson Card with the tiny arms of Vacek and the tiny brain of Reuben Owens’ father, you’d have Oompah Loompah, the football recruit. 

Or Taylor Hamm, aggy recruiter savant.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

If I'm reading this right, and I'd like to think I am, Devon Campbell is the same speed as Brockermeyer.

More I see this top speed, the less value I think it has. No way Ford is much faster than Overshown. Not talking about he ability to play the position, just a race between the 2. 

11 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

This is 100.00000% correct. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Vacek has short arms and isn’t nearly as athletic as other guys they’re on. Also, he’s a magnet for the Westlake honks on this board. I’m rooting for Oregon. 

If you combined the tiny hands of Hudson Card with the tiny arms of Vacek and the tiny brain of Reuben Owens’ father, you’d have Oompah Loompah, the football recruit. 

In related news, Loompah has committed to A&M.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

More I see this top speed, the less value I think it has. No way Ford is much faster than Overshown. Not talking about he ability to play the position, just a race between the 2. 

maybe he is. ford is a good athlete. not that crazy.