Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

27 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This is the second time I've seen this referenced - first was either in the aggy thread here or on r/cfb a day or so ago.

So I think it's safe to say there's some smoke here. 

Oh wow. I didn’t know a random poster on Reddit said it also. I’m sold. 

4 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

Yeah, well, I don’t track hits and misses on recruiting boards, but seems to me CTJ is a pretty good source. And even if he’s not, he’s damn entertaining. So maybe go fuck yourself. 

Just saying. 

You are one step away from sending him $9.95. Good luck with that. 

• Fuck You 4

51 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I know we are all excited about the possibility of A&M running out of money but CTJ has a history of confidently asserting positions that don’t warrant that level of confidence. Him explicitly stating it’s a rumor tells me it’s the weakest information I could imagine. Plus we know aggy would sell their momma to spite us and keep recruits. 

Who said aggie money is running out? If you're referencing ctj, that could mean lots of things. Saban shinning a light that way caused everyone looking at them closely. It could pause the process they had, it could cause cold feet by folks not wanting a risk they did not understand if it was sold as now being legal, it could mean any of real world scenario for folks who simply thought they were safe since johnny sharp is one of this states best fraud/conmen...

18 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Who said aggie money is running out? If you're referencing ctj, that could mean lots of things. Saban shinning a light that way caused everyone looking at them closely. It could pause the process they had, it could cause cold feet by folks not wanting a risk they did not understand if it was sold as now being legal, it could mean any of real world scenario for folks who simply thought they were safe since johnny sharp is one of this states best fraud/conmen...

Semantics. I’m doubtful aggy has stopped paying. I hope I’m wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Unless things have changed in the past ten years, HS athletes and their families are on their own when it comes to medical expenses and treatment. Perhaps a HS program has a partner physician locally that consults at a discount or something but that’s about it. Even that can be valuable if it’s a good doctor though.

I’m sure a major D1 football prospect has the inside track to good care through relationships with college coaches, and through that booster connections.

I would say most school districts now provide blanket insurance for athletics and other programs like ROTC.  Parent insurance is primary ( if any) and blanket insurance is secondary.

27 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

You seem grumpy but I spoke with CTJ last night and we both heard the EXACT same thing, down to the exact same players that it’s affecting and both from entirely different sources who received their information from different sources….so I guess what I’m saying is, fuck around and find out

Yeah @Irieguy what RGB and CTJ said you dumb bitch!

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

You seem grumpy but I spoke with CTJ last night and we both heard the EXACT same thing, down to the exact same players that it’s affecting and both from entirely different sources who received their information from different sources….so I guess what I’m saying is, fuck around and find out

Fuck around and find out what, exactly? That bringing in mercenaries and headcases to a shit hole like College Station may not work out? No shit. Did your sources also tell you water is wet? Of course aggy over promised and under delivered. It's kind of their thing.

2 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I’m skeptical of aggy turning off the cash flow because it’s literally the only thing they have going for them and they have never shown subtlety or restraint. But I hope I’m wrong. I’m not trying to be controversial. Hook ‘em. 

You know what removed all skepticism I had of you being a bitch? This follow up post.

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 2