Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

13 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

My oldest brother graduated from Bergen Catholic 55 years ago, so this hits close to home.

Great story about Rashan Gary and Bergen Catholic. He originally was set to go there and apparently he scored so bad, the administration was a like "hell no, there is only so much we can cover up".

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

Hats on the table? That’s a retro change of pace for this cycle 

Well except that the hats will each be digitally displayed side by side on four separate iPhone 13 max pros.  The picked hat will then be placed as a hologram on his head.

4 hours ago, Laga4 said:

There is some Surly level geography going on here.

If you think this stuff is bad, over on texags they're arguing about whether the earth is totally flat or if it has a slight tilt such that it's going to cause California to slip into the ocean.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I also predict Arch will get dinged. You fucks act like there aren’t a bunch of biased folks with votes working at all of these recruiting services and that those things don’t influence their ratings. Not that we didn’t already see that narrative pushed all week. Bunch of dudes white knighting recruiting services on surly is…certainly a new one I didn’t have on my bingo card. Fuck. 

I tried listening to the Solid Verbal podcast a day or two after Arch committed. Brandon Huffman, "national recruiting director" for 247 was the guest. The conversation went, "Brandon would you put Arch in your 2022 top 5 qb ranking right now?" Brandon answered, "Absolutely not and I would not even consider Arch for top 5 qb, because I have not seen him at a camp."  It's crazy that anybody pays those fucks for an opinion.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Great story about Rashan Gary and Bergen Catholic. He originally was set to go there and apparently he scored so bad, the administration was a like "hell no, there is only so much we can cover up".

So what you're saying is Gary is hitting the portal soon?

Noice Split Depth GIF by MOODMAN

13 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Brandon Huffman, "national recruiting director" for 247 was the guest. The conversation went, "Brandon would you put Arch in your 2022 top 5 qb ranking right now?" Brandon answered, "Absolutely not and I would not even consider Arch for top 5 qb, because I have not seen him at a camp." 

Is he saying Arch seems like he sucks?

I had to look up “Weeb” and then attempted to watch a YouTube explainer on Naruto but finally gave up after 8 minutes. I’m impressed I made it that far. 

Can I still edit? I’ll bet everything I own Naruto’s father isn’t really dead, right? Stopped watching, don’t know.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Chopper said:

The conversation went, "Brandon would you put Arch in your 2022 top 5 qb ranking right now?" Brandon answered, "Absolutely not and I would not even consider Arch for top 5 qb, because I have not seen him at a camp."  It's crazy that anybody pays those fucks for an opinion.

These self aggrandizing "experts" are trying to sell themselves as the all knowing source of recruiting information.  F 'em

58 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

My oldest brother graduated from Bergen Catholic 55 years ago, so this hits close to home.

I lived on Bergen Street in Brooklyn a couple of years ago and there probably Catholics and people from New Jersey living around there also, so this hits close to home for me as well…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Haha 1

I lived on Bergen Street in Brooklyn a couple of years ago and there probably Catholics and people from New Jersey living around there also, so this hits close to home for me as well…

I once worked on a project, and half of the project name was Bergen, so this hits close to work for me…

9 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I had to look up “Weeb” and then attempted to watch a YouTube explainer on Naruto but finally gave up after 8 minutes. I’m impressed I made it that far. 

Can I still edit? I’ll bet everything I own Naruto’s father isn’t really dead, right? Stopped watching, don’t know.

He is, in fact, dead. Gonna need someone to transfer all your rep to me.

10 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

sorry, you could have asked.

the convo started with "wow, David Hicks likes anime, color me surprised!?"

I said "too bad he didn't like a better one instead of a generic main stream one (naruto)"

it was followed up with "Yeah, this one would be much better"

Everyone caught up now?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kahuna said:

Son of a bitch.  I get a Bachelors in English, a Masters in Jive, then a PhD in Ebonics and now someone comes up with this language - Mindless Internet Jibber-jabber.

Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da rebound on da med side

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

sorry, you could have asked.

the convo started with "wow, David Hicks likes anime, color me surprised!?"

I said "too bad he didn't like a better one instead of a generic main stream one (naruto)"

it was followed up with "Yeah, this one would be much better"

Everyone caught up now?

I’m good and have Google, so I prefer to learn on my own. I just expected there to be a Darth Vader/Luke thing after I heard Naruto was an orphan. Now I apparently owe that other dude my rep ☹️

38 minutes ago, Chopper said:

If you think this stuff is bad, over on texags they're arguing about whether the earth is totally flat or if it has a slight tilt such that it's going to cause California to slip into the ocean.

Damn Poe's Law.

17 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

He's dead, but

Spoiler

pretty much everyone gets brought back to life as zombies at the end.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, jofus said:

I once worked on a project, and half of the project name was Bergen, so this hits close to work for me…

I've flown out of Austin-Bergstrom countless times, and it shares some letters with Bergen. Hits close to my former home. 

52 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I tried listening to the Solid Verbal podcast a day or two after Arch committed. Brandon Huffman, "national recruiting director" for 247 was the guest. The conversation went, "Brandon would you put Arch in your 2022 top 5 qb ranking right now?" Brandon answered, "Absolutely not and I would not even consider Arch for top 5 qb, because I have not seen him at a camp."  It's crazy that anybody pays those fucks for an opinion.

If I had to make a bet on who would succeed between Arch Manning and the field of any 5 star QB from the last 10 years I'm picking a fucking Manning.

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

My mom is from Brooklyn, so we are probably related. Lucky you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I'll never be able to watch The Godfather the same way after reading this.