Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

16 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Oh, we’ll if all you want is an OL that knows the game plan, doesn’t make any mental mistakes, and executes it well for 60 straight plays, then I guess that’s not asking too much. 

All I look for in a wife is a blowjob for 60 straight days, idk why people have such high standards.

3 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Don't forget the explosive plays!

Easy to forget when Texas was 8th in plays over 20 yards and tied for 8th in plays over 20 yards allowed in the Big 12

Edited by Codaxx

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

Two of last year’s losses get flipped if we simply do not let a retarded monkey design the defensive game plan. We win another game if we have a QB that does not sail a throw 20 yards out of bounds when we have a receiver running wide open into the end zone. We should have won 7-8 games last year. 

Josh Moore's dropped TD pass, fumble, and tipped ball for an INT against Baylor. Thompson's pick 6 before the half against Oklahoma St.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Josh Moore's dropped TD pass, fumble, and tipped ball for an INT against Baylor. Thompson's pick 6 before the half against Oklahoma St.

The QBs turning the ball over 4 times against KU, which was directly responsible for 14 KU points, while stopping 2 Texas drives in KU territory which could have led to 6-14 points.

You take away those 4 TO's, Texas likely wins that game by 20+ points.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The QBs turning the ball over 4 times against KU, which was directly responsible for 14 KU points, while stopping 2 Texas drives in KU territory which could have led to 6-14 points.

You take away those 4 TO's, Texas likely wins that game by 20+ points.

If BJ Foster simply turns around and puts his hand in the air and Xavier takes a knee in the end zone we also beat OU.  

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

He's from Florida, we've just never had much of a mutual interest.

I watched his highlights. It seems like he is a monster against the run. So, maybe the coaches think he is a tweener meaning that he doesn't have the speed and quickness to get to the passer and isn't big enough to play inside. His offer list is great, though, so maybe it is off the field stuff.

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can we please stop reliving the nightmare that was 2021 Texas football season?  

I agree.  Time to turn the page.  Let’s talk about the nightmare that will be the 2022 Texas football season.  I kid, I kid.  Actually, I predict 9-10 wins.  Fight me.  

Edited by stork642
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I watched his highlights. It seems like he is a monster against the run. So, maybe the coaches think he is a tweener meaning that he doesn't have the speed and quickness to get to the passer and isn't big enough to play inside. His offer list is great, though, so maybe it is off the field stuff.

I got the impression he's plenty good enough, he just never really liked UT. Kind of like Sewell, sometimes it's just not meant to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Good player that I’d be glad to take in years past but our lb group is best case scenario so far. I didn’t think we’d become a serious player for Hill, this is a very good sign because he wants to win and loves football.

42 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Can we please stop reliving the nightmare that was 2021 Texas football season?  

It’s sick that reading through it, I laughed because the scares have yet to heal.

14 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Well, most of us anyway.  Have you forgotten the country fried steak debacle of 2021?

I still think that was what ultimately cost us Urban Meyer.

I think McRibs were more prominent during the Meyer shitshow, and if I recall correctly, CFS and big tittied Russian nudie models actually helped with the OL recruiting haul.

But we’ll never forget @BERT taking a big “it’s chicken” chicken fried dump all over the discussion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Per IT we never had any interest in Shanahan. 

Per IT we were/are definitely recruiting Greathouse. 

Shanahan wasn't interested at all, and we could have pushed a bit harder. We invited him to visit multiple times and he just about never did even though he lives closely.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I think McRibs were more prominent during the Meyer shitshow, and if I recall correctly, CFS and big tittied Russian nudie models actually helped with the OL recruiting haul.

But we’ll never forget @BERT taking a big “it’s chicken” chicken fried dump all over the discussion.

That was a sad day in Surly history. The character and soul of chicken fried steak unfairly maligned by Ernie’s longtime companion. 

Very sad day… 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Goodman said:

Good player that I’d be glad to take in years past but our lb group is best case scenario so far. I didn’t think we’d become a serious player for Hill, this is a very good sign because he wants to win and loves football.

It’s sick that reading through it, I laughed because the scares have yet to heal.

Scared to death.

36 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

22136j.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, speed817 said:

At least we all know what chicken fried steak really is!

36 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

21 minutes ago, Junior Bonner said:

That was a sad day in Surly history. The character and soul of chicken fried steak unfairly maligned by Ernie’s longtime companion. 

Very sad day… 

15 minutes ago, Moderator said:

Screenshot_2022-06-22-22-30-12-11_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.thumb.jpg.b05d5418d19ad6e59a27e692ff32a4e6.jpg

Don’t make me do it again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

AEBEDB4A-1128-40E1-8EB4-B228F5B37BA6.jpeg

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Haha 1