Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Getafix said:

- modest improvement in ranking, although rating has gone down (I understand how that can happen, but it’s not typical)

- they refer to “riser” in the context of the next, bigger update … are they implying a bigger bump in that?

- in any event, it’s a positive assessment … and look at the bump right before he committed to us (the 24th?). Sure to make the collective aggy cranium implode 🙂

image.thumb.png.d7e2da994baa5c98699a299247065fd6.png

I noticed the composite average went up today and looked through the list of commits and Spencer Shannon's went up 52 points.  Was .8659 and now .8711

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

I work with an okie lite fan and he tells me at least once a week that Texas ruins every conference we have ever been in and he can't wait till we ruin the SEC. I don't even respond anymore lol. 

I hope he's right. Does anyone here give a single fuck about the SEC as a conference? Let's blow that fucker up if we're so all-powerful. We'd be doing CFB a big favor.

• Hook 'Em 6

19 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I hope he's right. Does anyone here give a single fuck about the SEC as a conference? Let's blow that fucker up if we're so all-powerful. We'd be doing CFB a big favor.

I can't wait until we start winning games in the SEC, and the aggy narrative about the SEC will change from being some supreme, untouchable conference to how we were so lucky that we joined when the SEC started becoming weak.  It will happen, guaranteed.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 2

30 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I can't wait until we start winning games in the SEC, and the aggy narrative about the SEC will change from being some supreme, untouchable conference to how we were so lucky that we joined when the SEC started becoming weak.  It will happen, guaranteed.

I hear you and am sure you are correct. Personally, however, I just don’t give a fuck what passes through those idiots brains.

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean Texas and OU were compelled to move by circumstances beyond both of their ultimate control. I find it weird to look at the current recruiting and competitive landscape and think otherwise. But I am not Richard Justice.

Yeah but Texas bad. Ever think of that, smart guy?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

I work with an okie lite fan and he tells me at least once a week that Texas ruins every conference we have ever been in and he can't wait till we ruin the SEC. I don't even respond anymore lol. 

Ruining the SEC would be a badge of honor.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

I mean, we are talking about the same idiots that believed they could go toe-to-toe with Saban so...

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean Texas and OU were compelled to move by circumstances beyond both of their ultimate control. I find it weird to look at the current recruiting and competitive landscape and think otherwise. But I am not Richard Justice.

Beyond our control? Nothing is beyond our control! These puny, inconsequential cockroaches can do NOTHING to stop us. We are legion! We are all-powerful! We Are Texas! And what starts here destroys all other football programs AND the universe!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

kevin garnett GIF

The Huddle: Recalibrating recruiting expectations

Hudson Standish

Spoiler

Hudson Standish

Throughout the lead up to Arch Manning’s eventual commitment to the University of Texas, the 2023 recruiting class for the Horns had two projected ceilings. The likely top 10 ceiling in the event that Manning selected Georgia, and the top 3 (if not higher) ceiling that would ensue if Manning chose UT.

In case you haven’t noticed, we’re in the Manning selecting Texas timeline and the early returns have been even more exciting than most optimistic Texas fans could have even imagined. The Horns grabbing commitments from five-star Louisiana safety Derek Williams and longtime Georgia lean Sydir Mitchell in the aftermath of Manning’s commitment only added coal to the post-Manning commitment Texas recruiting hype train.

With that added hype comes a necessary recalibration of Texas fan’s expectations for this upcoming recruiting class. Recruitments like Malik Muhammad, Anthony Hill, and Javien Toviano where the Longhorns were contenders have now shifted to where most analysts view Texas as the favorite. If an o/u was set before Manning’s commitment for those three it would likely be at 0.5 but now 1.5 or even 2 would likely be the correct price for that line.

In addition to the boost with prospects already on the board, Texas is now a serious contender for recruits that weren’t realistic targets a few weeks ago. Chief among those players is five-star tight end Duce Robinson. While I’m normally pretty conservative with my predictions and analysis, I wouldn’t discount Texas here just because they’re late to the party.

Our intel suggest that Texas will continue to be aggressive on the trail before the season starts and I wouldn’t be shocked to see another half dozen plus prospects join the class before the Horns kick off vs. ULM in September. Needless to say if the on field performance matches up with an elite recruiting offseason, the fireworks might not stop on the way to national signing day.

• Hook 'Em 6

43 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Ruining the SEC would be a badge of honor.

If somehow we took down the SEC that would really be something. But I am not even sure how we took down the Big 12 unless we made Missouri an insufferable bitch but from what I understand that is their general state.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If somehow we took down the SEC that would really be something. But I am not even sure how we took down the Big 12 unless we made Missouri an insufferable bitch but from what I understand that is their general state.

Well we did beat Nebraska like a red headed stepchild and drove them out which likely started the implosion.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

A part of me would love this. F up aggy wet dream.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Movies always get this kind of thing wrong. That is not what the exhaust out of the stack would look like if the engine did a nose dive like that. And the cylinder cocks appear to be closed in this gif. That’s totally wrong.

I'll let them know. 

5 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

As his Manager, you should tell him to get back to his TPS reports or you’ll find an aggy to do it.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Sending Nebraska off with that game - they spent the entire off-season hyping that game, Texas was awful, Gilbert beat them by running the ball haha, etc. - and the Case scramble to send the ags off after Texas did absolutely nothing on offense all night…well, those two games will never not be hilarious to me. 

That Nebraska game was glorious. The crowd was booing their own team by the 3rd quarter. And Roy Helu Jr. gift-wrapped us fumbles just like he did against Iowa State. Least sure-handed RB ever.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Getafix said:

kevin garnett GIF

Hudson Standish

Hide contents

Hudson Standish

Throughout the lead up to Arch Manning’s eventual commitment to the University of Texas, the 2023 recruiting class for the Horns had two projected ceilings. The likely top 10 ceiling in the event that Manning selected Georgia, and the top 3 (if not higher) ceiling that would ensue if Manning chose UT.

In case you haven’t noticed, we’re in the Manning selecting Texas timeline and the early returns have been even more exciting than most optimistic Texas fans could have even imagined. The Horns grabbing commitments from five-star Louisiana safety Derek Williams and longtime Georgia lean Sydir Mitchell in the aftermath of Manning’s commitment only added coal to the post-Manning commitment Texas recruiting hype train.

With that added hype comes a necessary recalibration of Texas fan’s expectations for this upcoming recruiting class. Recruitments like Malik Muhammad, Anthony Hill, and Javien Toviano where the Longhorns were contenders have now shifted to where most analysts view Texas as the favorite. If an o/u was set before Manning’s commitment for those three it would likely be at 0.5 but now 1.5 or even 2 would likely be the correct price for that line.

In addition to the boost with prospects already on the board, Texas is now a serious contender for recruits that weren’t realistic targets a few weeks ago. Chief among those players is five-star tight end Duce Robinson. While I’m normally pretty conservative with my predictions and analysis, I wouldn’t discount Texas here just because they’re late to the party.

Our intel suggest that Texas will continue to be aggressive on the trail before the season starts and I wouldn’t be shocked to see another half dozen plus prospects join the class before the Horns kick off vs. ULM in September. Needless to say if the on field performance matches up with an elite recruiting offseason, the fireworks might not stop on the way to national signing day.

If Texas gets 2/3 of Toviano, Muhammed, and Hill before the 3rd announces, then they are getting all 3.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That Nebraska game was glorious. The crowd was booing their own team by the 3rd quarter. And Roy Helu Jr. gift-wrapped us fumbles just like he did against Iowa State. Least sure-handed RB ever.

I’ll never forget this game. I knew a kid that was as big of a Nebraska fan as there was and a dipshit to boot, all over Twitter taking pictures of Texas fans flying to Lincoln for the game from Dallas.  Talking all this shit about how they were wasting their money and it’s gonna be a shit trip for em all.  Just to lose to Squints. 

• Hook 'Em 2