Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

No A&M is interesting, Wells mentioned that he and Haynes King stay in contact. Possibly related, but Hamilton did mention earlier today that he thinks King isn't happy in CS and will transfer after graduating in December.

King isn't going to be the starter. He's leaving. Gerry also mentioned that Johnson was the best QB on aggy campus right now and said that Weigman has injury concerns. Could see the scenario that Johnson wins the job, King transfers and Weigman goes and plays baseball, while taking no 2022 QB. Typical Ritz Bitz boss QB move. That's how you end up with a QB room of Everett Golson, Sean Maguire, and J.J. Cosentino. Otherwise known as the QB room that got run over by Tom Herman.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

King isn't going to be the starter. He's leaving. Gerry also mentioned that Johnson was the best QB on aggy campus right now and said that Weigman has injury concerns. Could see the scenario that Johnson wins the job, King transfers and Weigman goes and plays baseball, while taking no 2022 QB. Typical Ritz Bitz boss QB move. That's how you end up with a QB room of Everett Golson, Sean Maguire, and J.J. Cosentino. Otherwise known as the QB room that got run over by Tom Herman.

B, b,b, but jimbo the qb whisperer 

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Carl From The Simpsons GIFs | Tenor

5 minutes ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Jimbo didn’t call him

I Called You GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Standish, in the Jalen Hale thread.

image.thumb.png.114c8cf5caac035a8e7c1945a38999d8.png

46 minutes ago, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

D1A98A44-C3E1-495F-882D-6F3C47834EC3.jpeg

My feels are that pettaway and greathouse saw the writing on the wall when Arch put the press on Hale.  Kinda fitting that he has the same top 3 as was listed, per the industry, for Arch. 

Cook, Hale, Niblett and Wilson with MHP as a bonus two way is a hell of a WR haul.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Sending Nebraska off with that game - they spent the entire off-season hyping that game, Texas was awful, Gilbert beat them by running the ball haha, etc. - and the Case scramble to send the ags off after Texas did absolutely nothing on offense all night…well, those two games will never not be hilarious to me. 

And just like the USC Rose Bowl, they talked mad shit non-stop before the game. Oops. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

This exchange made me chuckle ... also, @texifornia is obviously KanaAg, given the hero worship of Hayes Fawcett. 😂 😂 😂 

image.thumb.png.7e39582e4a5066001549b5c2e39090f9.png

Putting edit slop aside, comparing a kid who has off field concerns and still legitimately pulls out that top three to this guy is a pretty fucking huge reach.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chase-Lane-46037828/

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Same with Ohio State before our game in 05. I’m sure ou talked shit before our 05 game. Oh man remember Rudy Carpenter before the 07 holiday bowl talking mad shit. Well…… 

I’m referring to the fans. Not sure I have ever heard as much shit talked from angry fans as I did in Lincoln before that game. They were certain they were going to kick our asses and they were pissed off. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Putting edit slop aside, comparing a kid who has off field concerns and still legitimately pulls out that top three to this guy is a pretty fucking huge reach.

Can't wait to see them compare Hill and Muhammed to guys like Chris Russell and Debione Renfro.

10 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

King isn't going to be the starter. He's leaving. Gerry also mentioned that Johnson was the best QB on aggy campus right now and said that Weigman has injury concerns. Could see the scenario that Johnson wins the job, King transfers and Weigman goes and plays baseball, while taking no 2022 QB.

What's the word/rumor on this?  I've always kinda' thought he may eventually go full time baseball.

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

Whoa now, let’s see Hale dominate TAPPS like Chase Lane! TAPPS is full of some pipe hittin’ MFers.