Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

First time poster of the board, but a long time follower. 

I haven’t seen this comp thrown out for Hale, but he reminds me of Cee Dee Lamb the way he can break tackles with a slighter frame. Also runs very similar and has decent body control for his age/skill.

I am glad we got Arch, this will help line things up for the rest of the class!

Welcome. But don’t come on here to claim fake cancer. Pretty sure we ran out of the wreath money on McRibs and monkey lawyers.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Not going to go into food/beverage wars here, but I can’t imagine anyone from this area buying Patron with all the other quality choices 

What's a good tequila you'd recommend? I really like the 99,000 hrs one from Mexico. That shit is smooth af and tastes delicious

1 hour ago, RetiredBagman said:

First time poster of the board, but a long time follower. 

I haven’t seen this comp thrown out for Hale, but he reminds me of Cee Dee Lamb the way he can break tackles with a slighter frame. Also runs very similar and has decent body control for his age/skill.

I am glad we got Arch, this will help line things up for the rest of the class!

Negged.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

So this skol person on Reddit is allegedly a Longhorn "insider." Here is the link to the original post.

He also did a face reveal. Based on face reveal, I think the user is an expert troll.

Penn state makes sense cause we’ll be in the same conference as Georgia then. Addison I suppose is possible but come on. But if that happened, I would join Scientology cause only xenu would have the balls to fuck with us this much. That jimbo thing is absurd. Jimbo could join ISIS and aggy would defend their god…I mean coach 

Edited by Fletch

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

You could *not* care less. 

The post I just quoted is deflecting the discussion in which you jumped into and began spouting bad data. You claimed, with no substance, that folks were apparently wrong about Worthy having character questions because he’s now a “team leader”. He’s not, which I referenced, and the rest about him is babbling and irrelevant to the discussion. 

Similarly, you disregard the Stewart points driving the character concerns and then equivocate on his behalf for “negotiating” while blithely ignoring the issue with what his lot was doing - crawfishing a deal. If you don’t think that speaks further to disputing your original ignorant take defending his character, I guess we’ll all learn something today. 

Beyond all of that, I shared some info to dissuade you from further mewling, but that didn’t really get us anywhere and it never does. Posters are still going to be whine about “sources” and “credibility” when it comes to discussing recruiting. If you can’t fucking handle some vagueries for necessary reasons which you damned well should fucking understand, maybe exit the recruiting discussions from here. The football board might be more your speed. The rest of us can go back to sharing info and thoughts and the discussions can get back to going forward semi-productively. 

GIF by filmeditor

4 hours ago, Askew said:

And what if he comes to a board and sees non-public info about a coach, his sordid past, his slip-ups with assembling his staff, his defensive ignorance and incompetence? If that info is particularly negative, isnt the program going to have to deal with that? 

Im not talking about college radio and tv commentary, or random posters on this board. I'm talking about posters like you, who are viewed as the most credible and valuable posters on this website, with personal and deep ties not the program and BMDs, and access to non-public info.  You have backed up your ostensible insider status with evidence and accurate prognostications, for the most part. Your posts have hte most impressions and responses on Surly. If anything, your contributions to recruiting give even more weight to your opinions, even if your actions seem contrary to your words.  

You can be the judge about whether your opinions on the coach matter, but to me they matter a lot more than most posters on this site. 

I’m hours late to this post, and I’m sure you’ve moved your on, but would you kindly shut the fuck up?!

It is no secret that Sarkisian has no history of winning. It was a shitty hire. If we win, it will be because of everything we bring to the table and him pulling it together and making it work. Shitting on an alcoholic coach for his public failings is not remotely similar to bashing players you want to sign for issues that are not public. 

If you still can’t follow that logic, you’re a retard. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m hours late to this post, and I’m sure you’ve moved your on, but would you kindly shut the fuck up?!

It is no secret that Sarkisian has no history of winning. It was a shitty hire. If we win, it will be because of everything we bring to the table and him pulling it together and making it work. Shitting on an alcoholic coach for his public failings is not remotely similar to bashing players you want to sign for issues that are not public. 

Tough but fair. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Lmao.  Yeah…. Aggy is going to buy out that 100 mil contract and then all the coaches contracts and then the contracts of the coaches they will hire.  I’m this hypothetical game, obviously this one is false.

This is true but it would be very aggy to think they could do this so it might not technically be a lie

58 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Sorry but I still don't understand how saying:

"Player X has character issues"

Is any different than saying: 

"player X has character because they did y". 

This is where this whole argument stems from and no one has yet to explain why hypothetical recruit or recruit family member is ok with the first but not the second.  Also if there is a so called concern about what recruits may see on this board why say anything at all?  

17 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

As the father of a D1 football player I can tell you it’s 100% true that parents read these boards and it influences our decisions. CTJ made me cry one time and I made Laramie cancel his official visit to UT. But it all worked out in the end, now my son is the starting kicker and CTJ is my best friend. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

As the father of a D1 football player I can tell you it’s 100% true that parents read these boards and it influences our decisions. CTJ made me cry one time and I made Laramie cancel his official visit to UT. But it all worked out in the end, now my son is the starting kicker and CTJ is my best friend. 

Surly Horns is the reason we got Arch Manning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Saw on another board they are now saying they think he'll commit before the dead period ends on July 24th?

So collectively they are saying he will or will not commit in July. I can believe that.

12 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

“Derrick and his wife Emily are going through some relationship issues.”

vs 

Derrick has been fucking a 23 year old he hired into his department and is paying her rent, but his wife won’t divorce him because she is afraid he will get custody of the kids since she has a OxyContin habit.

Which one of these statements will start  more shit if said at a office luncheon?

Need pics to answer the question.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Not a Sock said:

“Derrick and his wife Emily are going through some relationship issues.”

vs 

Derrick has been fucking a 23 year old he hired into his department and is paying her rent, but his wife won’t divorce him because she is afraid he will get custody of the kids since she has a OxyContin habit.

Which one of these statements will start  more shit if said at a office luncheon?

Did you try for the threesome?

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

I think it’s a dick joke, his six pack is north of his dick, AKA “the Tower”, the last time he saw either of “them” (his six pack and his dick) 15 years ago. 
Otherwise, yes the campus buildings known as the “Six Pack” are indeed south of the Tower on the South Mall.
https://www.virtually-anywhere.net/tours/utexas/campus/vtour/index.html

Correct. At least someone here understands my high brow comedy.