Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I play MarioKart 8 with my kids occasionally. I’ll start choosing various Rainbow Roads and destroying them on it. My youngest is 6 and he begs me not to pick another one after pummeling them on a few. Never gets old, destroying the gamer illusions of today’s youth. 

I too am the MarioKart house champion

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I have no idea if this means something or not, but:

It means, “Keep your feet on the ground, and keep reaching for the stars!” 

Which can also only mean we’re adding the ghost of this guy to the staff.

924AABC7-B523-4B08-A9DD-326C7B98231F.jpeg

His rants after games make Bo Davis sound like a Sunday school teacher.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Ten toes down, if it means anything, makes me think of an edge rusher.  Gullette is my guess.

I think “ten toes down” is just a phrase that means you’re committed to something. So this could be referring to anyone

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It’s a shame that @texifornia is at an advanced yoga-focused self-care camp deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains this week, because otherwise we’d have some timely twitter following to keep us up to date. 

I didn't think comparing roads in the Blue Ridges to the Rockies was terribly germane. Not much actual activity - most of the randos in the replies think it's Braylan Shelby for some reason.

• Haha 1

Texas Longhorns Tuesday Recruiting Intel

Justin Wells•6 minutes

Article written by:Justin Wells

Arch Manning and Jalen Hale (Will Gallagher/Inside Texas)

Latest recruiting intel on the Texas Longhorns in the Class of 2023 for your Tuesday morning.

Jalen Hale, WR, Longview (Texas): 

The 6-foot-2, 190-pound four-star dropped his top three – Texas, Alabama, Georgia – recently, but has yet to finalize his next trip to Austin. After catching up with sources, it appears this might be a two-team race between the Horns and the Crimson Tide. 

Hale loves what Texas is building, the recruits are recruiting him like the UT staff, and staying closer to home is also a strong possibility. 2023 Desoto (Texas) wide receiver and UT pledge Johntay Cook initiated the contact with the east Texas prospect back in April and has continued to push, along with New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman quarterback Arch Manning. Hale also has gotten closer to new Texas wide receiver coach Brennan Marion.

“I have a good relationship with coach (Brennan) Marion, but when coach (Steve) Sarkisian moved to Texas, I knew what he was about from Alabama,” Hale said. “So, I think Texas is a good school because I know how they use their receivers, and they have two of the best QBs and it’s a great area as well.”

USC, Georgia, Alabama, and Texas A&M were always on Hale’s mind, but eliminating the Trojans and Aggies las week was expected. 

Hale ranks as the No. 76 player in the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that accounts for all four major recruiting sites. He also tabs in as the No.14 wide receiver and the No. 14 player in the state of Texas. The four-star has an On3 NIL Valuation of $133K.The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

TJ Shanahan, OL, Austin (Texas) Westlake: 

Originally from Orlando (Fla.), the On3 four-star holds 30+ offers including Texas A&M, LSU, Georgia, Miami, and Texas Tech, where his older brother will be this fall. 

The 6-foot-4, 325-pounder recently reached out to the Longhorns staff, but at this time we don’t believe Texas is pushing for the Florida transplant. After taking four offensive linemen in the 2023 cycle already, a fifth would appear to be saved for an offensive tackle. He could visit Texas after the dead period, but he’s also scheduled to see College Station in late July.

Following multiple expert predictions, Shanahan has a 94.4 percent chance of committing to the Aggies on the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, The RPM gives Texas A&M a commanding lead over LSU (2.3 percent) and Georgia (1.3 percent), the locations of Shanahan’s other official visits.

The nation’s No. 95 overall prospect and No. 6 interior offensive lineman according to the 2023 On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. 

Brad Spence, EDGE, Spring (Texas) Klein Forest: 

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound EDGE from north Houston is announcing his commitment between Texas, Arkansas, and Cal. We do not believe Spence has a committable offer to UT. He has taken official trips to Fayetteville and Berkley, and that’s where we expect Spence to pick today. 

He is the No. 792 overall recruit in the 2023 cycle, according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

He currently has an On3 NIL Valuation of $6k. The On3 NIL Valuation is an index that looks to set the standard market value for both high school and college-level athletes. The NIL valuation does not act as a tracker of the value of NIL deals an athlete has completed to date. It rather signifies an athlete’s value at a certain moment in time.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The 6-foot-2, 225-pound EDGE from north Houston is announcing his commitment between Texas, Arkansas, and Cal. We do not believe Spence has a committable offer to UT. He has taken official trips to Fayetteville and Berkley, and that’s where we expect Spence to pick today. 

Berkeley always has a surprisingly heated battle with Cincinnati for which college city gets misspelled the most.

• Haha 2