Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

31 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wikipedia says Jimbo is 5'10" but there's no fucking way. He's even wearing boots which have heels and Sark is in tennis shoes 

Wait, NM. Those are dress shoes 

The first page of Google results (“Jimbo Fisher height”) shows anywhere from 5’6” to 5’10,” so he’s 5’4”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wikipedia says Jimbo is 5'10" but there's no fucking way. He's even wearing boots which have heels and Sark is in tennis shoes 

Wait, NM. Those are dress shoes 

Yeah there's no way. I'm 5'10'' and when I met Sark he was about an inch or so taller than I was.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Is Jimbo 5’4?

4 hours ago, Chango said:

Someone do a Frodo/Gandalf

3 hours ago, Nope said:

The first page of Google results (“Jimbo Fisher height”) shows anywhere from 5’6” to 5’10,” so he’s 5’4”

9DC7D11A-103D-4698-A1FB-06EAC4E1E7B2.thumb.jpeg.4116065f32f6d50f830ccd46a3c81bdd.jpeg

This photo angle was actually used to minimize the height difference between the two men. 

Taller subject in front:

1) Taken below head level makes subject in the front appear larger. 
2) Taken from above the taller subject in front reduces the appearance of the size difference.

The opposite is true when the shorter subject is closer to the camera. 
-a low camera angle will reduce the appearance of a difference in size. 

Problem is that the shot got the feet of both men as well, so it is easier to determine that Jimbo is a hobbit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

9DC7D11A-103D-4698-A1FB-06EAC4E1E7B2.thumb.jpeg.4116065f32f6d50f830ccd46a3c81bdd.jpeg

This photo angle was actually used to minimize the height difference between the two men. 

Taller subject in front:

2) Taken from above the taller subject in front reduces the appearance of the size difference.

Problem is that the shot got the feet of both men as well, so it is easier to determine that Jimbo is a hobbit.

I think you’re giving Chris Hummers photographic mind a lot of credit here

7 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I was fan of the old system. ILB, OLB, WDE, SDE, and DT. Now it’s Edge (apologies, EDGE), DL, and LB. Much harder to be lazy and know where everyone plays now by checking the positional designations 

Why is Edge always capitalized?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Taller subject in front:

I'm going to choose to believe you, but I think this pic makes the difference look less pronounced

29 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Sunday Huddle: News and Notes from the weekend

Hudson Standish

(Toviano ... 👀 👀 👀 👀 )

Hide contents

Sunday Huddle: News and Notes from the weekend

Hudson Standish

— Over a week ago I mentioned that a Top247 recruit not committed to Texas felt like Arlington Martin 2023 DB Javien Toviano would eventually wind up choosing Texas. This weekend got an additional report from a trusted source that a separate group of recruits feels the same about Toviano eventually selecting UT.

Toviano has been extremely smart with the process and likes to keep his recruitment close to the vest, so any nugget of information is worth it’s weight in gold. While a number of recruits feel like Toviano winds up in Austin the other programs we hear consistently mentioned are Texas A&M and Michigan, with the Aggies being the top contender or leader depending on who you talk to.

— After I got the Toviano nugget I reached out to a source on Shiner 2023 DB Dalton Brooks to see if there was anything new with the small school athlete’s recruitment. The key takeaways were that the source felt like Texas A&M still lead, but there was a chance that Brooks could visit Texas at the end of the month especially if Arch Manning is in attendance. My read on Brooks remains the same, if he announces this summer Texas A&M makes the most sense and would be my pick unless something drastically changes.

— Last week I mentioned that I was going to hop on the phone with a team source and gave people the opportunity to submit some questions. I’ll have a full piece later in the week but here are some nuggets for tonight.

Q: Mike first reported in May that DeMarvion Overshown would likely spin down to EDGE in addition to playing off ball linebacker. Overshown mentioned the move at Big12 media days this past week as well, what was the catalyst for that move?

A: The confidence the staff has in Jaylan Ford off ball, in addition to needing some extra juice on the EDGE. Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey showing up and immediately becoming one of the team’s hardest workers along with crushing workouts helped a ton as well. I don’t think they make the decision to move around DMO if they didn’t trust Ford as much as they do though.

Q: What’s the most interesting storyline for the offense heading into fall camp (Can’t say QB battle)?

A: I think how Sark decides to utilize personnel packages will be really fascinating. (Jahleel) Billingsley and (Ja’Tavion) Sanders crushed spring ball, the running back room is loaded and Shug (Roschon Johnson) is the heartbeat of this team, then the WR room has Isaiah Neyor and Jordan Whittington who are starter level talents, plus Agiye Hall who is a freak, and Brenen Thompson who has made a major impact early and is seriously competing for that starting returner spot as well.

Worthy and Robinson are easy calls but effectively deciding between 10/11/12/20/21 personnel is going to be tough. The good thing is that Sark is exactly the guy you want at the helm to figure out how to feed that many mouths.

— One last thing, Mike and I planned to record an episode of the state of recruiting and talking texas at Coaching school in San Antonio but a minor family emergency (nothing critical) kept me from making the trip. Apologies to the board for missing two episodes and we’ll make sure to make it up to y’all, this one was on me but sadly I couldn’t avoid or prepare for it. Appreciate the patience a ton

Smoking Pot GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Octavian said:

Josh Pate on Late Kick right now basically calling out USC for overpromising to Addison and A&M probably fracturing their locker room by not delivering the goods to their recruiting class. If this has gone mainstream, definitely not good for those staffs…

Found by @TheMailBox357 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1