Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

10 minutes ago, victory88 said:

That was a great listen.  It was pretty easy to figure out who he was talking about.  For those that didn't listen, he basically said that Jordan Addison isn't getting what he was promised.  That this stuff will come out in the open in the future.  Also implied pretty confidently that there is a program recruiting much higher than their norm and that it's going to result with locker room problems and transfers over the next year to two years.  Assuming he's talking about aggy which it's pretty clear he is, he stated that this particular program promised recruits a bunch of ridiculous money and in their contracts, there are a bunch of stipulations for these players to actually get the money which was never relayed to them.  For example, they only start getting payments if they are starting, or if they meet certain qualifications.  Now if the player and family feels pissed about about being lied to, they are stating "well you signed the contract".  Mentioned that it may not affect players that live near home but recruits that moved from OOS that had no interest in the program and simply were there for transactional reasons, will likely transfer.  Makes sense of the rumors of Walter Nolan wanting out.  It also falls in line with seeing how they are struggling to recruit big time right now.  They went from signing the best class ever in the history of recruiting coming off of a 8-4 season to struggling to get recruits on campus a few months later.  Josh Pate mentioned these recruits will talk to current players and it makes a lot more sense now why more guys are not falling for their "commit now or the offer is gone" pitch.  

He also mentioned that there are schools that are doing it the right way.  That their pitch to players is that we aren't guaranteeing you anything but that we have the structure and resources in place for you to actually monetize on your name and build a brand if you come in and do the right things.  Sounds pretty much like what Texas is doing.  In addition, we see to be making an effort to create a baseline for all players to be payed and then creating opportunities for the ones that are producing to get the bigger dollar offers through all the opportunities in Austin.  

In summary, he basically said that a ton of coaches, GAs, and recruiting department personnel have told him about the bullshit at USC and aggy and how it's going to get exposed for the next few years.

I want to clarify for those that didn't listen that Pate did not name USC/Addison, A&M, or Texas. He was talking about things in general. His descriptions match with our understanding of things at these schools, but I don't want this board to run with his info in a way that he didn't intend. 

• Hook 'Em 5

That was a great listen.  It was pretty easy to figure out who he was talking about.  For those that didn't listen, he basically said that Jordan Addison isn't getting what he was promised.  That this stuff will come out in the open in the future.  Also implied pretty confidently that there is a program recruiting much higher than their norm and that it's going to result with locker room problems and transfers over the next year to two years.  Assuming he's talking about aggy which it's pretty clear he is, he stated that this particular program promised recruits a bunch of ridiculous money and in their contracts, there are a bunch of stipulations for these players to actually get the money which was never relayed to them.  For example, they only start getting payments if they are starting, or if they meet certain qualifications.  Now if the player and family feels pissed about about being lied to, they are stating "well you signed the contract".  Mentioned that it may not affect players that live near home but recruits that moved from OOS that had no interest in the program and simply were there for transactional reasons, will likely transfer.  Makes sense of the rumors of Walter Nolan wanting out.  It also falls in line with seeing how they are struggling to recruit big time right now.  They went from signing the best class ever in the history of recruiting coming off of a 8-4 season to struggling to get recruits on campus a few months later.  Josh Pate mentioned these recruits will talk to current players and it makes a lot more sense now why more guys are not falling for their "commit now or the offer is gone" pitch.  

He also mentioned that there are schools that are doing it the right way.  That their pitch to players is that we aren't guaranteeing you anything but that we have the structure and resources in place for you to actually monetize on your name and build a brand if you come in and do the right things.  Sounds pretty much like what Texas is doing.  In addition, we see to be making an effort to create a baseline for all players to be payed and then creating opportunities for the ones that are producing to get the bigger dollar offers through all the opportunities in Austin.  

In summary, he basically said that a ton of coaches, GAs, and recruiting department personnel have told him about the bullshit at USC and aggy and how it's going to get exposed for the next few years.

So Lincoln Riley is a total scumbag? I’m shocked I tell. Shocked. Well, not really shocked.

Gotta love that “aggy” news.

Bobby:

Take a look at the remaining players on the recruiting board for Texas, and it’s pretty clear where Texas wants to go with the recruits left on offense.

There just aren’t a ton of moving pieces compared to the other side of the ball.

Quarterback - done with Arch Manning committed.

Running back - waiting on Cedric Baxter (Aug. 10) with Tre Wisner committed.

Wide receiver - waiting on Jalen Hale and Mikal Harrison-Pilot with Jonah Wilson, Ryan Niblett and Johntay Cook committed.

Tight end - talking with Duce Robinson with Spencer Shannon and Will Randle committed.

Offensive line - talking with Vysen Lang and Miley McVay with four committed.

Given those numbers, Texas is preparing to enter August with only six offensive recruits still on the board and uncommitted.

Sure, others may come up over the next weeks and months, but that is still a very manageable amount. Basically, what I’m saying is this: recruiting on offense is in clear view.

Adding Baxter would give Texas the Nos. 1 QB and RB on its board. He appears to be the key piece remaining on offense.

Adding Hale or Harrison-Pilot gives Texas the numbers they wanted from this receiving class.

And the Horns are big-game hunting with Robinson and McVay.

Recruiting is rarely this straight-forward. Typically there are permutations of outcomes that go on for days. But not on offense, not this year with Texas.

Is this good or bad?

Well, I tend to think it’s a good thing. The Horns aren’t scrambling. Texas had to scramble last year to piece together a great class.

This one feels more well planned and executed from start to finish.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I know this is fun, but it’s only July. There’s still time for the alumni to sell their homes, businesses, and children to secure the next class.

Signing day is in December and the staff is gonna be busy during the season...

I see on the top 247 composite crystal balls for aggy for David Hicks, Anthony Hill, Dalton Brooks, Adam Hopkins (GA), TJ Shananan, and Johnny Bowens.

Their hit rate is gonna be far from 100% on those players and they still need a lot more players since they only have 5 commits.

1702128328_ScreenShot2022-07-18at9_41_47AM.png.8b689cba02d6a9d30633d12e07588647.png

aggy in their natural habitat, looking up at Temple.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I want to clarify for those that didn't listen that Pate did not name USC/Addison, A&M, or Texas. He was talking about things in general. His descriptions match with our understanding of things at these schools, but I don't want this board to run with his info in a way that he didn't intend. 

Yet Pate said we would clearly be able to figure this out which some have already done and spoke about on this board............before this video was posted.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So do we like or hate Pate?

I like Pate. I think he has reasonable/rational takes which is rare in the passion-fueled world of CFB. I like him even more when he agrees with us.

Just now, Thiefery said:

image.thumb.png.144946b2be0a845669c3dca7c4008580.png

Arch still #1, comments are still riled up.  Moore ppl are outraged, and look the two QBs who did not attend Elite11 still are #1/#2 

To be fair, I feel like if you’re Arch there’s no way to win. If you attend an event and have a bad day, you can only go down in rank. If you don’t attend, you get called “afraid of competition.” I think several people have brought up the argument that many teams, evaluators, and analysts keep talking him up/putting him #1. That’s always worth many times more than some random casual from Tennessee screaming about how his tape sucks.

• Hook 'Em 3