Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.30c4a0c398ff73e71bd76e0b2ff9cec4.png

Nahlin's full post on UT's '23 WR class:

Just to get it off my chest I won’t be in love with a Cook, Hale, Niblett, Wilson class.

Cook will be very good but concerns on hands have merit.

Niblett is as raw as any WR I’ve ever seen ranked that high. I see a corner when I watch his tape.

Hale’s ability to separate is a concern. He might be Theo Wease. I like him and would take him but he isn’t a no-doubter.

I like Wilson.

I wish Pettaway was in the class because he adds floor and ceiling. I feel the same about MH-P from a Whittington standpoint.

IT poster reply:

So if in the Fall we’re sitting at Hale , Niblett , Cook , and Wilson with a lot of big names off the board is there a few guys you’d fill with the 5th spot? Assuming no MHP

Nahlin's reply:

I’d be more tempted to find a portal guy. Texas should have proof of concept every way it would matter to a WR.

I personally would have had Wilson or Hale as takes, but not both, and would have considered Niblett more in the ATH category that MH-P was figured into for a while.

I urge everyone to watch Niblett then MH-P before responding.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Just to get it off my chest I won’t be in love with a Cook, Hale, Niblett, Wilson class.

Niblett is as raw as any WR I’ve ever seen ranked that high. I see a corner when I watch his tape.

Hale’s ability to separate is a concern. He might be Theo Wease. I like him and would take him but he isn’t a no-doubter.

I like Wilson.

I wish Pettaway was in the class because he adds floor and ceiling. I feel the same about MH-P from a Whittington standpoint.

IT poster reply:

So if in the Fall we’re sitting at Hale , Niblett , Cook , and Wilson with a lot of big names off the board is there a few guys you’d fill with the 5th spot? Assuming no MHP

Nahlin's reply:

I’d be more tempted to find a portal guy. Texas should have proof of concept every way it would matter to a WR.

I personally would have had Wilson or Hale as takes, but not both, and would have considered Niblett more in the ATH category that MH-P was figured into for a while.

I don’t really get the Niblett concerns. Yes, he is playing the “I’m the best athlete get me the ball” position for his team. His athleticism jumps off his HUDL. May it take him a year or 2 to develop as a route runner? Sure. That said his ceiling is as high as anyone in the class. With Hale and Wilson having higher floors, why wouldn’t you want a high ceiling guy like Niblett?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I like Wilson.

IT poster reply:

Nahlin's reply:

Recruiting has gone very well for Texas and they have a chance to lock up the majority of the class before game one. In that situation there is not a lot of drama to drive site views and interactions. He just trying to stir up something. 

56 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

So a potential LB class of Hill, Burrell, Gullette, and Akana and Lefau? I never thought I'd type those words oooooooh weeee

He appears to be an (/all) EDGE (/caps). Can someone confirm for me if he's gonna put his hand in the dirt or stand up?

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Last time was Arch wasn't it? Before that was it the SEC announcement?

Not sure there's any recruits big enough that this would be for. Maybe a big 12 PAC 12 merger deal? 

Are you referring to the post above yours with the Recruitocosm tweet? And if so, are we thinking MM’s impending commitment isn’t big enough to have generated the tweet?