Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

That's a non-denial denial. 

Regardless I think someone leaked something in order to sabotage the recruitment. 

You are trying too hard. Kirkland is behind all of this, and his twitter activity confirms it.

1 minute ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Are we really Walter Nolen-ing a low 4 star with 1 OL spot left?

Nolen isn't the kid that aggy got without visiting campus.

Just now, _Leaf_ said:

Just because I've only had a few posts on this message board doesn't mean I haven't been following Texas recruiting for 'decades'. 

You can suck my dick if you to be disrespectful just because you disagree with me. 

You're right. It doesn't mean you haven't been following Texas recruiting for decades. Your thoughts on recruiting mean that you haven't been following Texas for decades...or you're just stupid. I mean...maybe both.

Speaking of stupid, "Suck my dick if you to be disrespectful just because you disagree with me" is an interesting attempt at English. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, _Leaf_ said:

Why is everyone bending over backwards to defend Gerry Hamilton?

If you ask me, has has major used car salesmen energy.

He is the best recruiting guy, particularly for Texas, by a mile. He is a national guy for On3 as well, so if you would prefer to go listen to Ketchum go ahead. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just thinking about some things regarding the national ranks and some shit is flat out absurd.
The state of Alabama represents roughly 1.5% of the country's population. The consensus rankings have 10 Alabama players in the top 81. 12.35% of the top 81. 10% of the top 100. I realize more kids play football per capita in the south and that Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama have a higher amount of players per capita that come out and sign LOIs than anywhere. That all considered - get the fuck out of here with that shit. I see zero percent chance of those 10 guys all being properly rated.
For comparison, Texas represents about 8.7% of the US pop and has 18% of the top 100. CA is 11.8% of the US pop and 8% of the top 100. Minus IMG Academy guys, Florida is 6.4% of the US pop and 18% of the top 100.
I know there is a deserved skew to the South and Texas in rating football talent. It's just an amazing imbalance this year in Alabama relatively-speaking. Bama is slightly less than 10X skewed in football against their gen pop, where Florida is less than 3x and Texas is just above 2x for comparison.

Could be fuckery, but also could be that looking at total pop is misleading. Why_not_both.gif

More useful to look at the pop that is producing most of the players, which would be areas with black people in regions where high school and college football are important culturally. That will cause LA,MS,AL,FL to proportion up.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Speaking of stupid, "Suck my dick if you to be disrespectful just because you disagree with me" is an interesting attempt at English. 

Don’t disagree with the sentiment, but I laughed really fucking hard reading this post from the king of typos….really fucking hard. Well done.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

He is the best recruiting guy, particularly for Texas, by a mile. He is a national guy for On3 as well, so if you would prefer to go listen to Ketchum go ahead. 

I would prefer to listen to Ketchum…if it concerns Buffalo wings or beef tallow recipes and such. Otherwise…GerryH seems fairly level-headed, and I’m an arms-length type recruiting follower 

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're right. It doesn't mean you haven't been following Texas recruiting for decades. Your thoughts on recruiting mean that you haven't been following Texas for decades...or you're just stupid. I mean...maybe both.

I'm sorry. I meant to say "You can suck my dick if you want to be disrespectful just because you disagree with me." Look again. I corrected it. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, _Leaf_ said:

I'm sorry. I meant to say "You can suck my dick if you want to be disrespectful just because you disagree with me." Look again. I corrected it. 

Take it from me, editing shit after the fact doesn't get you a pass around here. I'm sure a guy who's lurked for decades would know that already, however. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Then you are saying Kirkland leaked it to ruin his own announcement?

Maybe he figured leaking it and being discussed nationally for 24 hours would get him more publicity and name recognition than a completely surprise pick. 

The only downside of legal NIL to me was knowing players would figure this out and try to increase their early career NIL value by being more flamboyant. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Maybe he figured leaking it and being discussed nationally for 24 hours would get hom more publicity and name recognition than a completely surprise pick. 

The only downside of legal NIL to me was knowing players would figure this out and try to increase their early career NIL value by being more flamboyant. 

The Texas recruiting guys have been around forever. I wouldn't imagine they would be taken by a last minute no-visit out of state ploy.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Take it from me, editing shit after the fact doesn't get you a pass around here. I'm sure a guy who's lurked for decades would know that already, however. 

Truth be told, it's been more like one decade. I think I'm well-acquainted with all the 9.95ers though. I don't like GH. What can I say? Maybe I'm wrong about him. He just doesn't strike me as very honest.

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Maybe he figured leaking it and being discussed nationally for 24 hours would get him more publicity and name recognition than a completely surprise pick. 

I don't know if I see this as a byproduct. He gins up his twitter follows by...how many that will make a material difference to whatever NIL deal awaits him when he hits the campus of his choice? Eh. I've got other reasons for thinking this isn't really a direct correlation, but I'm not sure that's for here.  On the other hand, I'm sure many kids will certainly try that strategy...but good luck being on the OL. 

Just now, _Leaf_ said:

Truth be told, it's been more like one decade. I think I'm well-acquainted with all the 9.95ers though. I don't like GH. What can I say? Maybe I'm wrong about him. He just doesn't strike me as very honest.

I don't know how you can hate on him with Geoff Ketchum in the wild...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, _Leaf_ said:

Thanks for dropping by ketch.

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

The only 2 people I truly listen to are Gerry and Bobby. The rest throw shit at the board or are slow and the draw. 

Adjusted the above, because "Throw Shit At The Board And Slow On The Draw" is motto worthy, imo. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Vermin said:

The Texas recruiting guys have been around forever. I wouldn't imagine they would be taken by a last minute no-visit out of state ploy.

My theory is based on actually picking Texas. If he's not then he's only made himself more well-known to a fanbase (sponsor consumer base) that won't be interested in paying him for his likeness. 

And it's also based on trying to think, or not think, like a high school senior to be. 

4 minutes ago, Vermin said:

The no visit part is what bothers me about this. Up above, I said that it would not make sense for him to commit without visits.  I apologize to the Board. I forgot that we are dealing with 17 year old kids. But would the Texas staff even take a no visit commitment? 

Does he even have an offer?

24 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

I would prefer to listen to Ketchum…if it concerns Buffalo wings or beef tallow recipes and such. Otherwise…GerryH seems fairly level-headed, and I’m an arms-length type recruiting follower 

I see what you did there

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If Kirkland is going to OU and drumming up this stuff just to stick it to Texas, fuck him. Dude will be a bust and good riddance.

If Kirkland goes to Texas, what a wonderful, heartwarming way to fuck with everyone else. Future HOFer and upstanding citizen. 

I did that right, right? 

agencylife advertisement GIF by MX Player

• Hook 'Em 1