Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

A new On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine pick has been entered for the Texas Longhorns. 

I entered an On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine pick for Sunshine State offensive lineman Payton Kirkland at 70%. 

The 6-foot-5.5, 354-pound lineman with an 81-inch wingspan and 9.5-inch hands has been in consistent contact with Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood since the days leading up to Arch Manning’s commitment to the Longhorns. 

The RPM pick for the Longhorns comes after Kirkland originally announced he would announce a commitment July 23 out of Oklahoma, Miami, Florida, Oregon and Alabama. 

Kirkland would be a rare prospect to commit to a school prior to making an unofficial or official visit. The Orlando area lineman was planning a mid-week official visit in June, but a family reunion caused plans to change. Kirkland and Texas have been discussing an official visit for September 3 or 10.

https://247sports.com/Player/Payton-Kirkland-46098852/

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A new On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine pick has been entered for the Texas Longhorns. 

I entered an On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine pick for Sunshine State offensive lineman Payton Kirkland at 70%. 

The 6-foot-5.5, 354-pound lineman with an 81-inch wingspan and 9.5-inch hands has been in consistent contact with Texas offensive line coach Kyle Flood since the days leading up to Arch Manning’s commitment to the Longhorns. 

The RPM pick for the Longhorns comes after Kirkland originally announced he would announce a commitment July 23 out of Oklahoma, Miami, Florida, Oregon and Alabama. 

Kirkland would be a rare prospect to commit to a school prior to making an unofficial or official visit. The Orlando area lineman was planning a mid-week official visit in June, but a family reunion caused plans to change. Kirkland and Texas have been discussing an official visit for September 3 or 10.

https://247sports.com/Player/Payton-Kirkland-46098852/

CF98F00F-B9FB-4847-938A-E1EC27783C4A.gif

2 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Maybe he’s teasing MM + the aggy flip that CTJ mentioned?

That would be fucking glorious. There was an On3 article in early June talking about how close MM and Jayvon Thomas are. They play together at South Oak Cliff. Even after Thomas committed to Texum, he said he planned to take some visits with MM (although the articles did not mention Texas).  

2 hours ago, _Leaf_ said:

Just because I've only had a few posts on this message board doesn't mean I haven't been following Texas recruiting for 'decades'. 

You can suck my dick if you want to be disrespectful just because you disagree with me. 

ece381eec2004b7ca7ca00639c051e9d.jpeg.jpg

• Haha 4

👀 👀 👀 👀 

(“David Hicks,” he said. “Hunter Osborne too. I’ll be talking to both of them.”)

Texas felt like home for new commit Malik Muhammad

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Texas felt like home for new commit Malik Muhammad

Mike Roach

One of the best recruiting jobs of the year appears to be complete today with the commitment of Malik Muhammad.

The four-star cornerback from Dallas South Oak Cliff had Texas down his list behind several other schools in the spring, but a few visits to Austin changed that for the Longhorns. After committing, Muhammad told Horns247 that Texas felt like home.

“At first they weren’t in the running,” he said. “I took a couple of visits and then on my OV they showed great hospitality to my family. It felt like home. It’s right in Austin and not too far away from the family. They’ve got a great school with academics and I feel like if we put Texas back on the map, I’ll be set for life.”

Muhammad keeps Texas hot on the recruiting trail after making some big additions in the last month. As the Longhorns race for the top spot, it added another element to the recruitment for Muhammad.

“That’s not what I was thinking about, but as it was going it became my thought,” he said. “Coach Sark told me I could be the alpha male on the Texas side. He told me I could help bring more people to Texas.”

Muhammad will be joined in the class by friends and family. Texas wide receiver commit Johntay Cook is one of his childhood friends and the two grew up playing youth ball together. Muhammad won a state championship last season with his cousin and fellow Texas commit Billy Walton.

“It feels good,” he said. “I’ve never lost with Johntay on my team. Me an Billy just won a state championship, so the winning culture is definitely coming to Texas with us coming there.”

With his commitment out of the way, Muhammad will turn his attention to adding some beef up front on the defensive line to make his job easier.

“David Hicks,” he said. “Hunter Osborne too. I’ll be talking to both of them.”

At 6-feet, 170 pounds, Muhammad is ranked as the No. 5 cornerback in the country and No. 7 overall prospect in Texas, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Welcome, Malik!

Here's his video from when he toured campus.  GOOD video... very interesting if you're like me and new to following the recruiting world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-dNmpEzaRQ

I really liked that his thing included his mom.
image.png.af6cff2848e4b52c1f781ee7a3cba32f.png

IDK what the hand gesture means?

image.png.335d2c8231ba98c06d8a64094dc440a3.png

As someone with some English bloodlines... I can appreciate the raised pinky finger.

We know how that man holds his beer bottle (or will after he turns 21)!

image.png.532ae22f9caa38fbe23e0bc13009a867.png

GLAD to have this kid!
Btw, that's Jerry on the left, right?  The left?

image.png.a61dac62f5ed2e322bd4363443154aeb.png

• Hook 'Em 2