Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

43 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Jesus fucking Christ. Just eat 20 sticks of butter already. 

It's like the equivalent of a case of Hot Pockets once it gets past the uvula. May as well be rocket fuel. I haven't touched shit like that since I was 19.

And I still hate this stupid shit clogging the arteries of the recruiting thread. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, MH BEVO said:

That’s a 5-star talent

Questionable mental evaluation (aren’t they all).  Testing numbers aren’t off the charts, but she has a knack for finding space and catching the ball(s).  Attitude and enthusiasm would suggest a high ceiling if you can keep the crazy in check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

The high after a commitment wears off faster and faster. 

It’s all relative. Alabama fans can’t even enjoy a two-loss season anymore. We’d kill for that. 5-7 Texas is surging in recruiting, and Surly can’t enjoy themselves without simultaneously swallowing a hand grenade and lighting ourselves on fire.

There are two things I know in this life: aggy is gonna aggy, and Surly is gonna surly. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

Insider scoop:

Saw Cam Williams, DJ Campbell, and Kelvin Banks at Cabo Bobs earlier. Truly gigantic humans. They were getting burritos. But I couldn’t make out whether the tortillas were buttermilk, Smokey cheddar or ancho chili. 

That’ll be $9.95.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/20/2022 at 2:38 PM, Junior Bonner said:

My first day on the board everyone was apparently mad at new posters and i posted something weak and tried defending it. Next thing I know I’m at -15 or -20. So I shut the fuck up and just lurk for a few weeks. Then, when I start posting , I make sure it’s either innocuous or funny. And I stay far away from pissing contests. Took me a few weeks to dig out and then a few months before I got up the nerve to give someone the finger. 

And I’m still pretty careful. Mostly. 

True story. 

I see you and I joined the same day and have the same origin story 

On 7/20/2022 at 4:38 PM, Junior Bonner said:

My first day on the board everyone was apparently mad at new posters and i posted something weak and tried defending it. Next thing I know I’m at -15 or -20. So I shut the fuck up and just lurk for a few weeks. Then, when I start posting , I make sure it’s either innocuous or funny. And I stay far away from pissing contests. Took me a few weeks to dig out and then a few months before I got up the nerve to give someone the finger. 

And I’m still pretty careful. Mostly. 

True story. 

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I see you and I joined the same day and have the same origin story 

Negged

• Haha 3