Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

A fun tidbit to come out of the Kirkland stuff is that Bedenbaugh is apparently not a hit with the non-whities in the trenches these days. I don't know if that's been a known thing for some guys like @golfclap or a few of the okie recruitniks that are on here and not completely worthless like @Pdawg88 and @kilroydos , but I hadn't heard it or read it before. And if the okies think it's bullshit, that would also be a good data point, even if it is less entertaining to consider. Either way, I heard it in passing while bullshitting with a buddy who would know, but I didn't ask for details or do any research.

Miami has no room for Kirkland, but they don't think he's a bad take. He's developmental and has the raw materials that Flood and Cristobal crave - overall size and strength. Cristobal needs guys that can contribute immediately and Flood needs guys that can play after 2-3 years on campus. 

Kirkland could legitimately commit to MSU tomorrow even if they don't expect that. Or he's committing to Texas in one of the most bizarre recruitments in my 30+ years of following recruiting religiously.

I have been around him only a couple times at football camps with my son. He has always been pleasant to me(I am white though). I will say he seems like a quite guy and pretty much keeps to himself. I could see how it comes across harsh. And my reading comprehension isn’t that good, am I worthless? 

Edited by Pdawg88
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

The most punchable face list has a new leader in the club house.  

I learned recently that the Germans have a word for it:  Backpfeifengesicht.

translated it says a face in need of a fist. 

one source:  https://germanyinusa.com/2019/02/22/word-of-the-week-backpfeifengesicht/#:~:text=Well%2C Germans have a unique,and Gesicht means “face”.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

I have been around him only a couple times at football camps with my son. He has always been pleasant to me(I am white though). I will say he seems like a quite guy and pretty much keeps to himself. I could see how it comes across harsh. And my reading comprehension isn’t that good, am I worthless? 

The way I interpreted it was less about being harsh and more about just not being very relatable. Like Dr. Evil dealing with his son, Scott Evil.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Well we know it's not because of this:

YARN | You know he white, right? | Hustle & Flow (2005) Crime | Video gifs  by quotes | ab65d200 | 紗

Maybe. But I would have a hard time relating to someone who looks like this:

Bill Bedenbaugh - Offensive Line - Football Coaches - University of Oklahoma

He looks like an alien who put on a mask of an actual human face to try and blend in, but the face mask doesn’t fit on well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The way I interpreted it was less about being harsh and more about just not being very relatable. Like Dr. Evil dealing with his son, Scott Evil.

I could see this being true, with the limited time I have been around him. 

37 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:

Probably.

1 hour ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Yes, but not for that reason.

58 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The value you assign yourself is more important than that which others assign you.  

but yes. 

26 minutes ago, Droopy said:

Probably.

A1D43C29-C71A-47C2-8D5E-E33DC0400AB1.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Not defending him, but he had players in position and they whiffed.  What do you do?

You are defending him, and you aren’t wrong. On many occasions you could tell that PK knew exactly what was coming and had called the perfect defense, only to have his player fuck it off, especially when it came to containment. There’s always the argument that a big part of his job is to make sure the players are in the right position, especially the ones on the edge, since that’s his position group. In that area… eh…

• Hook 'Em 4