Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The value you assign yourself is more important than that which others assign you.  

but yes. 

I don't know that this is an ironclad rule. There are lots of dumb assholes who think highly of themselves. Hell, just look at aggy who are always claiming they are "classy."

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I don't know that this is an ironclad rule. There are lots of dumb assholes who think highly of themselves. Hell, just look at aggy who are always claiming they are "classy."

That brings to mind the old saying, "I'd like to buy him for what he's worth...and then sell him for what he thinks he's worth." 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Mike Roach - Quick Payton Kirkland "update"

(Ha ha ha ha .... )

Spoiler

Not much has changed since the other day. Texas isn’t in the mix on his announcement edit but we continue to hear that they will be a factor for his decision tomorrow.

• Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

The NCAA freaking applauded Tennessee for doing their job for them with the self imposed sanctions. Nothing bad is going to happen to them. Maybe an extra wrist slap or two. There won’t be any type of postseason ban. Would bet a lot of $$ on it.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

The NCAA freaking applauded Tennessee for doing their job for them with the self imposed sanctions. Nothing bad is going to happen to them. Maybe an extra wrist slap or two. There won’t be any type of postseason ban. Would bet a lot of $$ on it.

Exactly. @ATXbronco has no idea what he is talking about. Embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

You’re getting worked. 

Isn’t that what recruiting all about? We pay tree fiddy for unreliable information and enjoy the uncertainty of it all. Aren’t we all here, now, on this thread, for that very reason? 

So what time is the circus today? When does the Orlando Enigma announce? 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Venables starting to gain a little bit of traction it seems. 

I looked at on3's 2023 Team recruiting rankings last night & I was SHOCKED to see how much better OU is doing in recruiting than Aggy.

OU is only a couple spots out of the top 10, while Aggy's class is ranked in the 50's.