Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

My guess on how many we take at each position, and who our remaining targets are. I'm sure I forgot a few guys we're after.

Pos: #Commits (#Wanted) -  

QB: 1 (1) - Arch . 

RB:  1 (2) - Wisner. All in on Cedric Baxter for the other RB spot at this point.

WR:  3 (4 or 5?) - Cook, Niblett, Wilson. The likely last 1 or two are Jalen Hale and MHP.

TE:  2 (2) - Randle, Shannon - Duce is a numbers buster. If he wants to come on board we'll take him, but otherwise we're probably only taking 2 TEs.

OL:  5 (5) - Cojoe, Stroh, Chatman, Goosby, Kirkland. Can't imagine taking any more

CB:  1 (3) - Muhammad . I assume we'd like 3, but not sure who else we go for after Toviano and Jordan Matthews (maybe try to flip Jayvon?).

S:  2 (3) - Williams, Johnson. Like CB I think we try to sign 3. Other than Caleb Downs, not sure who we're interested in.

LB:  2 (4) - Burrell, Lefau. Hill and Gullette are the targets. Gullette might be more Edge than LB. Probably need to cast a wider net for more LBs.

Edge:  1 (3) - Walton. Some other possibilities are Akana, Shelby, Vasek, and Damon Wilson. 

DL:  2 ( 5) - Mitchell, Spencer. Obviously the prize is Hicks. I think we're still chasing Samu Taumanupepe. Not sure what's going on with Hunter Osborne, or Markis Deal . I'd think we want numbers, but we don't seem to be chasing a lot on the DL.

That would be 32 spots. Maybe the DL,Edge, LB spots together will total closer to 10 than 12. 

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 2

i was watching Kirklands commitment while walking the Riverwalk and stepped in a big ass pile of shit. I just tossed those shoes in the garbage. Charles Barkley was right, what a shit hole filled with forklift built bitches.

Edited by CastHorn
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So how does the purge of OL work in conjunction with the pancake factory payouts? 

If you are a JAG and know it, how do they push you out with you knowing that you are going to have to now downgrade in degree quality, NIL payout, and all the amenities that came with being a UT football player? I would be holding  on for dear life to make sure worst case I get my undergrad done and taking the NIL payouts as long as I can.

Can you keep your NIL $ if you “medically retire”? 

Contracts don’t have to be renewed. 

27 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I know Gerry was first, but I think all doubt got removed once that Michigan State guy put in a 100% “Lock” CB for the kid. Clearly someone in his camp had loose lips. 

I’d guess a coach leaked it. The MSU guy said their coach was done wrong.  Now how would the reporter know that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

She works for the same company as Steve Wiltfong who has constantly put in CBs right before kids announce. Also... Chip.

She's also a coward and setup her tweet so that no one could reply to it.

Gerry is not petty like me, but if I were Gerry this is what I would tweet.

Bye Bitch GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I am not too familiar with this process. Is it customary to ask a recruit for permission before putting in a prediction? 

It’s all bullshit and overblown whining. He put a pick in 4 days ahead of an announcement and had it been for MSU or Miami, no one notices or says a thing. Instead, the player had planned on trolling everyone and got pissed. Have we ever even seen that shit before? 

Anyway, picks are made every day and nothing comes of it and they don’t have to ask a player’s permission.

Smart move by the player though. He looks like he has a lot of emotional stability and he’s going after someone publicly who talks to coaches across the landscape. When he’s transferring out of Texas after this or next season for more money, coaches at other programs will call guys like Gerry. I’m sure he’ll offer a glowing recommendation if the player doesn’t kick maximum ass while on campus. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That’s a pretty small world.  Antagonizing someone widely regarded as one of the best in the business, who could someday be a prospective boss or employee:  not advised.  

And such a weird thing for her to care about.

Why are people so worked up about this 17yo playing a silly little game.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hope it's the DT we just offered from Florida.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Hall-46113691/

10 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Gerry mentioned Texas possibly getting into this recruitment thanks to connections with Kirkland and Baxter in Florida. Do want.

https://247sports.com/Player/Damon-Wilson-46114588/

Both of these guys look 35

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

There’s no need for Gerry to respond. He got his intel, put in a prediction based on that intel and the kid was mad that the secret got out. 

A 9.95er shouldn’t have to contact a kid before putting in a crystal ball.

I think it is a little more complicated. On one hand you get paid to tell intel on recruitments that the public doesn’t know and on the other you can damage a recruitment and ruin a kids moment. I doubt it is easy to balance that line. Overall Gerry as been solid, if this was FCB I would saying what an asshole

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

It finally feels like for first time Texas is starting to release the power of the “Death Star”. I’m loving the teeth gnashing and tears from other fan bases and I can’t wait to have entire new fanbases in the SEC come to hate us. 

Yup! I love it.  Nice to be able to walk to every home and tell the kid and parent that not only do you get to live in Austin, get to go to a great academic university, get coached by one of the best OL coaches, but you get 200k minimum of you’re here 4 years in top of whatever other NIL opportunities you can create for yourself.  All above board and legal.  There’s not another school that can offer this.   I think our OL recruiting is going to have a very high floor from here on out.  We may not get the Banks and DJ Campbells every year but we will recruit with the best of them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Gerry mentioned Texas possibly getting into this recruitment thanks to connections with Kirkland and Baxter in Florida. Do want.

https://247sports.com/Player/Damon-Wilson-46114588/

We were already named in Wilson’s top 5 he announced a few weeks ago. I took Gerry’s comments to mean we’re even further along in this recruitment than most people realize. Would be a major coup from the state of Florida with a haul of Kirkland, Baxter, Hall and Wilson 🤘🏼

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Okcool said:

We were already named in Wilson’s top 5 he announced a few weeks ago. I took Gerry’s comments to mean we’re even further along in this recruitment than most people realize. Would be a major coup from the state of Florida with a haul of Kirkland, Baxter, Hall and Wilson 🤘🏼

Biggest coup from Florida for us since?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 4

17 minutes ago, Okcool said:

You SOBs, you made me look at his highlights. That is guy that could solve a lot of issues on the defense. Now I have opened up my heart to be broken 

• Haha 2