Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

The great thing about San Antonio is its not like Miami where all these beautiful latinas are around but seem to exist in another universe funded by internet and sugar daddy bucks. In San Antonio you see all these beautiful women working at Kroger or at the gas station

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Atticus said:

That’s the appeal of PKs system, you don’t have to get the top guys for it to be effective. But you still need guys who fit and have the desired mindset. 

Just now, KeysPhoneWallet said:

If his scheme is a way of maximizing lower tier talent, then it might not be a fit for what we’re trying to do here.

We aren't looking for a magician to turn 6-6 in 8-4 with the lint from his pocket. We are looking for to make the playoff.

We have the cachet to attract the best defensive players if we can sell them on being playmakers that shed blocks instead of eating them.

20 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

The great thing about San Antonio is its not like Miami where all these beautiful latinas are around but seem to exist in another universe funded by internet and sugar daddy bucks. In San Antonio you see all these beautiful women working at Kroger or at the gas station

Shark Tank Writing GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

The Orlando and PK schemes turn off certain recruits. Even if PK’s scheme is good, if you can’t get the top guys it’s not going to be very successful.

I remain skeptical of our defense. We didn’t bring in many transfers, we made no defensive coaching changes, and only brought in a fat sweaty Texas hater to help, maybe. Sark has not addressed the defense like he has the offense. We will need to score 70 a game. 

This is complete nonsense. It’s like nobody has watched Saban or Kirby Smart for over a decade. I haven’t seen them struggle to get DL talent. Smart had the #1 pick 2 gapping and he ran a 4.5 at 275 pounds 

If there is anything me thing Patterson can do it is get the back end to compliment the front. That could go a long way. Not to top 10, but to competent. That is all I hoping for this year

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Charles Barkley thinks you are blind or full of shit 

3 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

This is complete nonsense. It’s like nobody has watched Saban or Kirby Smart for over a decade. I haven’t seen them struggle to get DL talent. Smart had the #1 pick 2 gapping and he ran a 4.5 at 275 pounds 

It's also nonsense because go see who Washington was landing on the DL with Kwiatkowski. Smalls (5 star), Tultele (top 100 recruit), Bandes (top 100 recruit), Latu (top 150 recruit), Letuligasenoa (top 150 recruit).....

This was at Washington. If PK's scheme was turning off DL recruits it certainly wasn't happening at Washington. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's also nonsense because go see who Washington was landing on the DL with Kwiatkowski. Smalls (5 star), Tultele (top 100 recruit), Bandes (top 100 recruit), Latu (top 150 recruit), Letuligasenoa (top 150 recruit).....

This was at Washington. If PK's scheme was turning off DL recruits it certainly wasn't happening at Washington. 

Jusr win and show meaningful improvement on defense and the top guys will come.

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

You caught monkey pox when you spent several drunken nights with RGBIII and Wulaw in fucking Arkansas.

We all know who started it

48 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

For what it’s worth there was another guy there too. He might have been the one to give all of us the monkey pox. 

Shocked Snow White GIF by Travis

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

I’m drunk and don’t know If that means I now have monkey pox. Can someone let me know. 

Based on the thread.

1. If you have pounded 4 Texas Martinis (and I have witnessed this at fucking lunch...respect) and a vat of Bob Armstrong at Matts El Rancho...no problem.

2. If you are drunk on a ladder while edging to visions of Jizzbo & Chin Pubes tag teaming you in Jester..seek fucking help. Monkey pox is dripping off your face.

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

The Orlando and PK schemes turn off certain recruits. Even if PK’s scheme is good, if you can’t get the top guys it’s not going to be very successful.

I remain skeptical of our defense. We didn’t bring in many transfers, we made no defensive coaching changes, and only brought in a fat sweaty Texas hater to help, maybe. Sark has not addressed the defense like he has the offense. We will need to score 70 a game. 

70 may be too low. Defense is the key to the lock this year.

Hook'em 

On 7/26/2022 at 1:42 PM, closetojumping said:

I think they have a clear picture of character traits and physical traits that they want in players. I do not have any idea if they’re accurate in terms of their assessments and whether the things they’re looking for are the right things. 

For instance, Flood’s clearly got a physical makeup he’s looking for with the OL. He got here and was shocked at the lack of size he was dealing with across the line and said they had to fix that asap. Is his way better than Herb Hand’s or The Toilet Destroyer’s? I want to believe, but we don’t have any data yet. 

Similarly, they took some OKGs in the last class on defense. Swanson is one to watch. Does he turn out to be a surprise contributor? They put a lot of effort into getting and keeping him and everyone else recruiting at a really high level didn’t even pursue him. Some people think the same is true of Guilbeau, so let’s about that one as well. 

What is an OKG & who's the toilet destroyer?

49 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Jusr win and show meaningful improvement on defense and the top guys will come.

That and NIL hopefully. 

I don't know how anyone can logically say PK's scheme turns off DL talent when he was landing top 10 national DL talent at Washington with no real advantages in recruiting. DL were lining up to play in PK's scheme at Washington and talented ones at that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That and NIL hopefully. 

I don't know how anyone can logically say PK's scheme turns off DL talent when he was landing top 10 national DL talent at Washington with no real advantages in recruiting. DL were lining up to play in PK's scheme at Washington and talented ones at that. 

Well, it’s pretty fucking simple. That’s what recruits and their people are telling folks. That’s what other programs are using against us. See how that works? This isn’t Washington and the defense last year looked beyond inept. Resumé reading about what someone did at a Pac 12 school isn’t going to get it done. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, it’s pretty fucking simple. That’s what recruits and their people are telling folks. That’s what other programs are using against us. See how that works? This isn’t Washington and the defense last year looked beyond inept. Resumé reading about what someone did at a Pac 12 school isn’t going to get it done. 

Isn't that what Texas is doing on offense?

"See what Sark did at Alabama with offensive players." Even recruits like Cook mentioned scheme from Alabama and that Texas needs more talent for it to work. If PK and the defensive staff are getting worked because of "resume reading" they need to do a better job because it's working on offense. 

The offense was better than the defense last year but it was still a major work in progress. They're selling a vision and using Sark's resume as an offensive coordinator to get the job done. PK has a great resume with DL talent (draft picks and recruiting) so if resume reading isn't working to justify scheme they aren't doing a good enough job selling it. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Glad I read through the last five pages and learned about monkey pox.   Greatest virus name of all time.  Fight me.  

Asking for a friend - can you get monkey pox from a trans she with a dick?

You can do anything you set your mind to son. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Sure seems like aggy is likely to get Hill to shut it down this weekend. What’s our plan at that point at LB? I wasn’t real sure on Gullette’s position but both 247 and On3 have him listed as an edge (‘scuse me, EDGE). 

Not seeing a ton on our board. On3 says we have an offer out to Jayven Anderson out of North Shore, but that’s not a guy I’m very familiar with. Circle back with Dylan Rogers or hit the portal? We definitely need at least one more stand up off the ball LB in this class. 

38 minutes ago, El Compadre said:

As long as our defense doesn't absolutely shit the bed next season, we should be pretty fucking good. Hopefully, PK has studied and gotten dudes to actually buy into his scheme, then we should be competent. Once we get his recruits and the big boys in there, now we're fucking cooking. 

My addition to the Latinas topic

EB9DE94C-7A59-43C9-905F-6CC7ED610CA3.gif

name

name

name

name

name

name

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

"See what Sark did at Alabama with offensive players." Even recruits like Cook mentioned scheme from Alabama and that Texas needs more talent for it to work. If PK and the defensive staff are getting worked because of "resume reading" they need to do a better job because it's working on offense. 

The offense was better than the defense last year but it was still a major work in progress. They're selling a vision and using Sark's resume as an offensive coordinator to get the job done. PK has a great resume with DL talent (draft picks and recruiting) so if resume reading isn't working to justify scheme they aren't doing a good enough job selling it. 

Texas was ranked #18 in Team Offense in 2021.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2021-team-offense.html

And this:

Just now, Yuk said:

Texas was ranked #18 in Team Offense in 2021.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2021-team-offense.html

And this:

I know what the offensive numbers say but everyone here knows it was still a shit show for long stretches of the season. I'll agree that Sark definitely has more to sell on offense based on year 1 results but he's still selling a vision based on what he did as an offensive coordinator. Cook has said as much. 

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

1) Who are you pitching to? It’s not hypothetical unless you think I am full of shit. You’re welcome to think that and I can’t convince you otherwise and no offense taken. If you do buy what I am saying, then there’s not much you or I can do. It needs to happen on the field. Hicks’ dad is a coach, so he’s not coming from a place of ignorance. 

2) They’re selling last year as well when it comes to offense. There’s just nothing to sell from last year to defensive recruits. It’s all about building a winner in the future and being a part of that.