Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

20 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

I hear you, but taking LSU as one of the three fucks over Aggy, OU, and Arky. I'm pretty sure LSU’s main three if this were to happen would be UT, Florida, and Bama. That's effectively shutting out 3 rivals from fertile recruiting grounds. We’d be the only team in the region that plays LSU every season. Huge recruiting win imo. As a pure business decision, it's a no-brainer.

They're not going to have anyone get 3 tough programs.

35 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Why does he move like he's shorter?

Shorter people are quicker - like cats.  They can scratch and crawl under or around the offensive linemen before the fatasses can fall on them. They also don't care if you are alive and they chase lights around the room.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

On one of Bobby's On Texas Football videos, Gerry said that he is 6'5". Payton looks maybe 6'7"-6'8" in this photo (yes, I know Gerry is standing slightly ahead of Kirkland in this photo).

Also, so much for Kirkland being mad at Gerry for spilling the beans on his recruitment. Fuck Taylor Estes (FTE) and FCB.

This is the same outfit that does their podcast and recounts stuff that happened 2 weeks ago. All of the other outlets do daily shows. By the time theirs hits, it is unwatchable because they both suck AND all of their info is out of date. Taylor is a beating to try and listen to, it is like hearing the wives of the alumni trying to talk about the team when they spend the entire game with their back turned to the field in a box with a cocktail in their hand. And Chip just gives a glassy eyed stare into the camera for what seems like hours while recounting things that happened 50 pages ago on Surly. 

15 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

This is the same outfit that does their podcast and recounts stuff that happened 2 weeks ago. All of the other outlets do daily shows. By the time theirs hits, it is unwatchable because they both suck AND all of their info is out of date. Taylor is a beating to try and listen to, it is like hearing the wives of the alumni trying to talk about the team when they spend the entire game with their back turned to the field in a box with a cocktail in their hand. And Chip just gives a glassy eyed stare into the camera for what seems like hours while recounting things that happened 50 pages ago on Surly. 

That’s on you for even attempting to listen to 9.95 podcasts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

It always impresses me when I see a HS athlete with developed rounded shoulders like that. I’m in my mid 20’s and it took a few years for me to get that boulder shoulder look. When I was in HS like 8 years ago our football program was all about compound lifts.  Not a whole lot of movements focusing on the small muscle groups of the shoulder. 

Gerry said that Mathews had Alabama running behind his top 3. Alabama was the big offer we thought could change Mathews trajectory. If they're still running outside his top 3, have to think that he's going to be a Texas commit here in the next couple weeks. 

Sydir continues to be a positive recruiter. I'm shocked aTm could have profiled a kid who spurned the so incorrectly...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

What’s with all the Vasek hate? Dan Lanning, Venables, and Dabo want him. Seems like a good player

I don't hate him, but wondering how close he is to being maxed out and if he can add 25-30 pounds based on the way his current frame looks is probably a valid concern.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

What’s with all the Vasek hate? Dan Lanning, Venables, and Dabo want him. Seems like a good player

High floor-low ceiling white kid from Westlake who our staff haven't exactly gone balls-to-the-wall to get isn't exactly the sexiest recruiting story to tell.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I don't hate him, but wondering how close he is to being maxed out and if he can add 25-30 pounds based on the way his current frame looks is probably a valid concern.

So he's too thin looking but looks maxed out?  

• Hook 'Em 3