Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

24 minutes ago, NoName said:

lots of concerns about him being maxed out from both a body and technique standpoint.

I am not sure about that. He played QB and LB growing up. I believe moved to DE full time as a Junior. I didn’t see Jeffcoat in terms of technician. He could definitely struggle to put on weight. 

2 hours ago, CastHorn said:

It always impresses me when I see a HS athlete with developed rounded shoulders like that. I’m in my mid 20’s and it took a few years for me to get that boulder shoulder look. When I was in HS like 8 years ago our football program was all about compound lifts.  Not a whole lot of movements focusing on the small muscle groups of the shoulder. 

Fucking lulz

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Think he's their big bag this year since we still setup nicely for Hill. 

Would be interesting to watch the Texags spin if they decided to pay big for “damaged goods” but no, he isn’t going to be their big bag over Hill.

19 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Vasek, underweight.................at 230............with another year before he is on a campus? People do realize we are penning our hopes on a pass rush on a former safety playing edge/LB at 223 that is a 5th year senior right? It isn't inconceivable that he is 245-250 as a true freshman. I know we nitpick recruits but JFC. Pick something valid to criticize. 

Overshown plays a different position but the rest is fair

Edited by Nope

2 hours ago, NoName said:

lots of concerns about him being maxed out from both a body and technique standpoint.

I guess, if you say so. But isn't he pretty similar to Ethan Burke in terms of size and weight.  Watching the two play last year Vasek was every bit as good if not better than Burke, and looked a little bigger or at least not as skinny.

If there's better options than I get it but if not, seems like a pretty good take.

6 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Every single one of you chucklefucks talking about Vasek being maxed out need a kick to the goddamn teeth because you’re rapidly approaching territory previously occupied by The Derel. Just admit you don’t know shit about how building muscle works and go get your motherfucking shinebox you fucking fucks. Fuck.

Are you saying he’s going to struggle to put on weight in college?

7 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Every single one of you chucklefucks talking about Vasek being maxed out need a kick to the goddamn teeth because you’re rapidly approaching territory previously occupied by The Derel. Just admit you don’t know shit about how building muscle works and go get your motherfucking shinebox you fucking fucks. Fuck.

If he puts on weight his arms are gonna get shorter so it's a lose-lose situation. 

• Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

martin scorsese book GIF

Herbie to the Vasek haters 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

But if he puts on weight, doesn't his wingspan shrink?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1