Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

18 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Depends, how much did you eat at pluckers

My budget in college my last year was one $1 whopper a day. I finished college lighter than when I graduated high school. I am aging myself with 1 dollar whoppers. Pluckers, lol hamburger helper was a big night for me.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

My budget in college my last year was one $1 whopper a day. I finished college lighter than when I graduated high school. I am aging myself with 1 dollar whoppers. Pluckers, lol hamburger helper was a big night for me.

You think your aging yourself? I went to Burger Chef!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, sunset87 said:

I guess, if you say so. But isn't he pretty similar to Ethan Burke in terms of size and weight.  Watching the two play last year Vasek was every bit as good if not better than Burke, and looked a little bigger or at least not as skinny.

If there's better options than I get it but if not, seems like a pretty good take.

Burke looked like a sausage link in high school. He was only two years into playing football. Vasek is much more built out with pretty lean muscle mass. For the record, I dont think he struggles to add weight, but Burke’s athletic ceiling is higher when you consider how much natural weight he will gain in a college S&C program.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Vasek to Oregon and Shelby to USC.  What's plan B at EDGE/DE?

Akana would seem to be the next best option. That 5 star from Florida is probably a pipe dream.  There was a 4 star from Louisiana that was mentioned a couple months ago.  He had good film.  I forgot his name. 

Just now, RabidM said:

Akana would seem to be the next best option. That 5 star from Florida is probably a pipe dream.  There was a 4 star from Louisiana that was mentioned a couple months ago.  He had good film.  I forgot his name. 

This guy.  Yeah he looks real good IMO.

https://247sports.com/player/ashley-williams-46130521/

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So Vasek to Oregon and Shelby to USC.  What's plan B at EDGE/DE?

Shelby as a plan A? Absolutely

Vasek as a plan A? Ehh, you have to recruit him though

Both are Jacks to me, and Vasek probably looks better if he can slide inside. 

Let’s see how things shake out once the season gets going. If we give Bama a game or somehow beat them, we’re better off having space in the class. 

3 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Every single one of you chucklefucks talking about Vasek being maxed out need a kick to the goddamn teeth because you’re rapidly approaching territory previously occupied by The Derel. Just admit you don’t know shit about how building muscle works and go get your motherfucking shinebox you fucking fucks. Fuck.

So how long for him to get the shoulder boulder look?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1