Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

32 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If aggy misses on Hill, im not sure they end up with a top 25 class even

They will finish top 10-15ish most likely. They signed 29 last cycle and haven't had insane attrition (yet) so this will be a smaller class. The average player ranking will be the more interesting stat to look at.

33 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

If aggy misses on Hill, im not sure they end up with a top 25 class even

I wouldn't go that far, but they don't make the top 10 without Hill. If Hill goes TX, they will have damn near gotten swept in state and the remaining head to head targets likely fall to the good guys. 

2 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Given Riley is shady AF, I am just going to believe Nelson and Branch are just there to get intel on the bag game aggy is playing.

That said it is frustrating to me that they can create waves by getting these guys in for the weekend and the Texas staff doesn't seem to have tried to generate the same energy.

Awful awful take. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, mannewers said:

Given Riley is shady AF, I am just going to believe Nelson and Branch are just there to get intel on the bag game aggy is playing.

That said it is frustrating to me that they can create waves by getting these guys in for the weekend and the Texas staff doesn't seem to have tried to generate the same energy.

It's almost like this isn't the big recruiting weekend for Texas and they already have a top 5 class built on previous big recruiting weekends. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 1:14 PM, JesusSweatDuck said:

Best part of all this. If they paid him in crypto and he didn't sell it, aggy paid $500k, he got $250k.

Yet another reason NIL is superior to flash drives

Here's what I don't understand: Aggie is so good about organizing things like t-shirt drives to help the Dixie Chicken recover from hurricane damage or whatever but they've had a long time to get their NIL act together and can't seem to get anything organized. Of course they eventually will I guess but ... damn. Meanwhile our NIL program is already up and running and is going into overdrive.  Oil has been up for awhile and lots of donors feeling flush. 

3 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Reading the replies to this tweet, people are maz about the BBQ:

https://twitter.com/realscientistic/status/1553060377717575685

I don't know how out of touch with reality that guy is or what "board" he is referencing, but Matthews, Vasek and Brown are easily 3 of the guys we are want the most to fill out this class. Guess it's not surprising that some people only focus on the 2 or 3 guys who didn't make it.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, mannewers said:

If you're going to have takes this dumb at least have the Burnt Ends flair to make them more tolerable. 

• Haha 5

Edge was always going to be difficult to recruit after a 5-7 season when our defense looked like dog shit and we couldn’t rush the passer.  What do we even tell these kids?  “We’re gonna use you like we used Ben Davis!  Here’s the tape on all 2.5 of his sacks last year.  He was our sack leader, by the way.”

It’s honestly a testament to the staff’s effort that we’re hanging around the rim with these guys like we are.  Our game plan at edge should be to maintain contact with everyone we’re interested in regardless of whether they commit elsewhere, produce on the field in 2022, and see who we can reel in after we’ve got something we can sell.

We’re crushing it on offense and doing way better than we have any right to expect on defense.  Everyone chill.

• Hook 'Em 6

The UT BBQ event just shows all of us, who really is committed to being part of the University of Texas family. 

I suspect the uncommitted targets who didn't attend, probably don't want to show their hand just yet. Y'all want errrbody.

Chill MFers.

Edited by SA-KC_Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2