Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

I thought it was supposed to be a flip?

Probably a situation where a couple of their posters hope for something, and then it becomes a “fact” by the next page. 

Hat tip to LHF, as I’m just stealing screen grabs from his twatter. I’ll now refrain from posting anymore Texags related stuff in this thread 

B0151EA3-1E01-4B7D-8848-78EC25A071B2.thumb.jpeg.3effe2072f6af5e85c3c6a66a6c18f4e.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

We are on month 7 now of him looking for a reason to not come to Texas. The guy wants to get away and it’s obvious. 

Yeah, Vasek wants to enjoy college away from home -- can't blame a guy for wanting some strange sometimes...  😋

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah, Vasek wants to enjoy college away from home -- can't blame a guy for wanting some strange sometimes...  😋

Kid hates his dad. Seems obvious. Wants away from home. Then when the geographic favorite loses its appeal,  he goes with the legacy death mark. The traditional rival. 

Dads a coach. Kid is supposed to be maxed out for his frame. 

Sounds like dad rode his ass and the kid cant wait to get away from him. 

I may be projecting. But it sounds plausible 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

To be fair Brent Venables is a far better coach and runs a much superior system to Pete Kwiatkowski. Until Sark fires him, we will continue to lose elite in state defensive talent. 

Star Trek GIF

nobody has a clue if Venables can run a blue blood program and coach a defense, it’s a tall task for anybody. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

To be fair Brent Venables is a far better coach and runs a much superior system to Pete Kwiatkowski. Until Sark fires him, we will continue to lose elite in state defensive talent. 

And on the other hand, Ted Roof 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Junior Bonner said:

JFC, let it go. Enough of this got damn whiny ass bullshit. For fuck’s sake, stop rehashing the same fucking crybaby garbage, you bunch of mewling quims. 

Thanks in advance for your cooperation in this matter… 

mewling quim. nice.

So aggy finally found a kid their donors would mortgage their houses for after last year. Sucks, Hill's good.

Brooks is a nothingburger. Vasek going somewhere else is fine, I don't think anyone outside of West Lake Hills will be torn up about that, but OU? What the hell were he and his dad doing during the State Fair every year?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, texifornia said:

So aggy finally found a kid their donors would mortgage their houses for after last year. Sucks, Hill's good.

Brooks is a nothingburger. Vasek going somewhere else is fine, I don't think anyone outside of West Lake Hills will be torn up about that, but OU? What the hell were he and his dad doing during the State Fair every year?

Hanging out with the Brock twins. 

• Hook 'Em 2

BobbyBurton

Staff member

20 minutes ago

New

Add bookmark

Gerry’s RPM pick of Colton Vasek to OU means the pool of the Horns’ top options at edge are likely thinning.

If Vasek announces for the Sooners as expected, it leaves Braylon Shelby and Tausili Akana as primary options with Billy Walton already committed. Shelby, however, appears to be leaning somewhat to USC.

Akana, whose sister just transferred to Texas for volleyball from Nebraska, is a bit of an unknown. He just hasn’t said as much about his recruitment of late. IT will be checking in with him again this week.

Then there’s Damon Wilson, the nation’s No. 4 overall player by On3, from Venice, Fla. Wilson looks like the pass rusher Texas has not had since Sergio Kindle or Brian Orakpo.

But how realistic an option is Wilson for Texas?

That question is tough to answer. Texas has already made a dent in recruiting players from Florida this campaign. And the Horns will hopefully land Orlando running back Cedric Baxter in 10 days, too, and they’re after Jacksonville’s defensive lineman Jordan Hall also.

Regardless, it’s looking more and more like Texas will be heading out of state for a pass rush. If not Shelby, the Horns must connect on Wilson and/or Akana.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

New day, let the bleeding vaginas continue.   

On another note, I rewatched much of the spring game again. Card still looked like a scared little bitch in the pocket until late in the game when he began to look slightly more comfortable. Those wide receivers that are no longer on campus were fucking terrible, glad they are gone. QE threw several dimes that would have been huge had the wideouts done their job. QE looks cool as a cucumber in the pocket but still had a couple of WTF throws, not accuracy wise just into coverage. Card had accuracy issues on may throws. Defense looked better towards the end. There was significant pressure from the front four but that OL in the spring had too many guys that will never see the field during a real game. Hard to judge.

53 minutes ago, mannewers said:

SIAP.

Vasek Fong'd to blowU

image.png.0af319d64647d89bd9762157048bc851.png

I know he hates his dad but why can’t he rebel like most kids.  Do drugs or get a face tattoo but to go to OU?  That’s some serious hate for the old man.  Bad news for dad is drugs and face tattoos are a right of passage in Norman so he’ll be hitting the trifecta.  Don’t have an issue with a kid wanting to get away from his parents but OU is a spite move.  

Edited by stork642

44 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I was hoping we could split Shelby and Vasek. A guy with a fucked up knee and Billy Walton doesn't get me excited. And that's assuming the guy with the fucked up knee even picks us. No one seems to know shit about Akana.

5 minutes ago, BigDSteve said:

Serious question: other than Sendlein, have we had a legacy that came close to their father’s level of play? (Limiting this to Football only)

Collin Johnson was decent but not nearly as good as his father.

9 minutes ago, bar said:

Collin Johnson was decent but not nearly as good as his father.

If Johnson could have stayed healthy, I think we could have gotten close to his dad. Wouldn't take much for Colton to surpass his dad, shit, all he has to do is add 10 pounds of good weight in most people's eyes.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Um...er...cough...Watching OU win?...duck...regret.

• Rage+1 1