Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 minute ago, 40acredropout said:

Did he?  I don't know the kids academic prowess or post-football plans but If he's like 90% of other recruits, he's going to go major in communications or sports & exercise science orrrr.... let's just call it what it is- major in football. 

So maybe going to a school with the 4th most CFP appearances has something to do with his choice.  I'm sure he knows his OU degree doesn't have the shine as one from Cal, Stanford, Virginia, or Dartmouth or whatever other shitty football program he would choose if his plan was to study pre-med, business, etc. 

You are correct. Most kids say they want an education. They actually just mean any diploma. The schoolsI mentioned happen to be good academics, but also places you can play and go to the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You are correct. Most kids say they want an education. They actually just mean any diploma. The schoolsI mentioned happen to be good academics, but also places you can play and go to the NFL. 

I really wish you were my academic advisor back in the day.  Oh the places I could have gone.  Also, please post more.  Lol. 

• Haha 2

OU is not *that* bad, education wise, and has good Honors programs if a kid actually gives a shit. Not sure how that squares with being a football player, but I generally find this debate about undergraduate rankings and whatever tiresome. A Gen Ed major at UT is not getting a better or worse education than a Gen Ed major at OU.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

OU is not *that* bad, education wise, and has good Honors programs if a kid actually gives a shit. Not sure how that squares with being a football player, but I generally find this debate about undergraduate rankings and whatever tiresome. A Gen Ed major at UT is not getting a better or worse education than a Gen Ed major at OU.

This is probably true. But that doesn't mean certain schools' degrees don't carry a little more cachet on a resume whether or not there's substance behind them

37 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

Kid just wants to enjoy bags of dicks….whatever, man

Sucks for us as fans.. But Venebals is a good defensive coach and will continue to pull in solid players.  Just like the "F the Brocks" talk.  I mean, if my kid was a high level prospect and Herb Hand was going to be his coach, it doesn't matter how much I love this school.  

49 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I get that. I dont know why, but every once and awhile I get amazed at the choices kids make. Lets take Vasek as an example. He could have went for a Cal, Michigan, Stanford, Notre Dame, or Virginia education. He decided OU had better degrees. Than there is location. No need to delve into that but, that was a failure also. I know it will never change, but for some reason kids not maximizing their options annoys me every once and awhile. 

So . . . what year did you graduate from OU? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 8

New day, let the bleeding vaginas continue.   

On another note, I rewatched much of the spring game again. Card still looked like a scared little bitch in the pocket until late in the game when he began to look slightly more comfortable. Those wide receivers that are no longer on campus were fucking terrible, glad they are gone. QE threw several dimes that would have been huge had the wideouts done their job. QE looks cool as a cucumber in the pocket but still had a couple of WTF throws, not accuracy wise just into coverage. Card had accuracy issues on may throws. Defense looked better towards the end. There was significant pressure from the front four but that OL in the spring had too many guys that will never see the field during a real game. Hard to judge.

Card still looked like he panics and resorts to his feet a lot. QE didn’t seem to panic, trusted his throwing game, the ball jumped out of his hands. But he didn’t look like he knew what her was doing all the time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hated OU growing up and still do. But- I lobbed in an application (which was immediately met with an acceptance and phone call from an academic recruiter) all because this chick I wanted to bang decided to go there. She went to ou, I went to Texas. Still banged her. 

It’s hard to underestimate what a single piece of ass can do to the mush brain that exists in 17-18yo dudes. I think sometimes these school decisions are made because of a single, and probably insignificant, piece of tail. 

I get it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I hated OU growing up and still do. But- I lobbed in an application (which was immediately met with an acceptance and phone call from an academic recruiter) all because this chick I wanted to bang decided to go there. She went to ou, I went to Texas. Still banged her. 

It’s hard to underestimate what a single piece of ass can do to the mush brain that exists in 17-18yo dudes. I think sometimes these school decisions are made because of a single, and probably insignificant, piece of tail. 

I get it. 

Wait? You're limiting that line of reasoning to 17-18 year olds? 

The line of 50+ men who have thrown away a career/life for tail is long and illustrious.

Abbey-Freeze.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I get it. 

8dtrM.thumb.jpeg.f7b39e4331d0d7b91c023b92e8288c0e.jpeg

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I get it. 

I honestly have less of a problem if either of my kids want to go to school at OU than I would if they wanted to go to Baylor or aggy. They both know very well that those two are non-starters on my watch.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Wait? You're limiting that line of reasoning to 17-18 year olds? 

The line of 50+ men who have thrown away a career/life for tail is long and illustrious.

Abbey-Freeze.jpg

Vince McMahon pays millions of dollars for blowjobs from coworkers apparently. 

wwe-vince-mc-mahon.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I honestly have less of a problem if either of my kids want to go to school at OU than I would if they wanted to go to Baylor or aggy. They both know very well that those two are non-starters on my watch.

OU grads are… fine.  Their tshirt fans are horrible.  I’m a little biased because that constitutes half of my family tree (the grads).  If I were to put a number on the percentage of people who attended a certain university that I could enjoyably interact with socially, it would look something like this:

OU:  30%

Aggy: 10%

Rapelor: 5%

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

OU grads are… fine.  Their tshirt fans are horrible.  I’m a little biased because that constitutes half of my family tree (the grads).  If I were to put a number on the percentage of people who attended a certain university that I could enjoyably interact with socially, it would look something like this:

OU:  30%

Aggy: 10%

Rapelor: 5%

I have quite a few friends here in Dallas who went to OU. My experience with aggy and OU alums, not t-shirt fans, is that the OU folks are generally a cooler bunch to hang out with than aggy.

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Just odd. I understand wanting to get away, but why would you pick a shitty education and a shitty location. I get one or the other, but not both. 

If education mattered, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Princeton, etc. would be better at football and recruiting. UT is a good school, but not anywhere near those levels. Alabama isn't getting kids for their educational rankings.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jdizzle34 said:

If education mattered, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Princeton, etc. would be better at football and recruiting. UT is a good school, but not anywhere near those levels. Alabama isn't getting kids for their educational rankings.

I fully understand that. If kids made smarter choices places like UCLA, ND, Stanford, Virginia, and Michigan would run football. You can get both. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

I fully understand that. If kids made smarter choices places like UCLA, ND, Stanford, Virginia, and Michigan would run football. You can get both. 

Getting a random degree from one of the schools you listed is not a better decision than getting a massive bag/NIL deal from an SEC school.