Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

13 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Any other site corroborating this? I'm really hyped about Baxter but if we were the leader when he set up his commitment date I can't see that changing.

Believe he has pictures yesterday or Monday on his Instagram that appeared to be him shooting a commitment video. Not going to worry much at all about this one, if the Aggies couldn’t bug him Georgia ain’t either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Believe he has pictures yesterday or Monday on his Instagram that appeared to be him shooting a commitment video. Not going to worry much at all about this one, if the Aggies couldn’t bug him Georgia ain’t either. 

Well, if TFB happens to be doing his video..... 

@OnAComputer, are you guys shooting his commitment?

Edited by Vertigo

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Meanwhile, recruits are wearing hoodies on campus when it's 105.

Don't get me started on this shit. I look at my son with disgust when he pulls that shit. He's only almost 10, so hopefully his generation grows out of it. 

Anyway, screw the Baxter news. Sounds like Georgia may try to make a push, but doesn't mean he's stumbling...fingerscrossedandshit

Edited by UncleBuck

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

I think you're overestimating the attraction of college sports in LA. Maybe things have changed in the last few years but I spend a long time in that scene and never once in all those years saw college athletes in the mix. There's a totem pole and they were not high on it.

Lol or maybe they’re on a different totem pole than you altogether…

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Most of us Californians bitch when it’s above 85.   We’d find a November visit to Madison refreshing. Like Texans we aren’t scared of cold weather at least for a short spell 

Tell that to the ladies in CA I see wearing Parkas when the lows are in the high 60s

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Many Texans are absolutely scared of cold weather. 

I live at the top of a mountain in Colorado and I will take -20 degrees with 8' of snow over the Texas heat any day of the week.  I haven't been back to Texas since I left because the heat would kill me now.  I remember when I moved back to Texas after living in San Diego, CA for 6 years...it was friggin painful.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

TFB guys on twitter are feeling themselves after Vasek committing there over us.. (never knew he was such a stud) and they are on koolaide regarding Hicks too, which is probably legit

i mean they should feel good about Hicks, he has had every chance to commit to A&M (like Hill for the last 12 months) but hasn't done it for *SOME* reason.

7 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

TFB are pretty locked in most of the time but they're strength is Texas and west. I am sure they have Florida sources but hard to go against Gerry when the state of Florida is involved. 

Not saying they’re right or wrong on Baxter, but I would argue that TFB’s Texas coverage has fallen off pretty significantly in the last couple cycles. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Vermin said:

They're just showing off their expensive clothes they aren't actually wearing them for their utility.

Texans do it too.  The moment it drops below 80 in South Texas the scarves and boots show up.  But it’s all irrelevant.  18-21 year old football players aren’t concerned about two road games in November.  They probably welcome a change of scenery and weather.  

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Nothing better than a bunch of old white dudes discussing their experiences with cities and the weather as a way to measure what’s most attractive to HS recruits. 

spacer.png

I'll commit to the best place to raise a family that also has nice weather.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Hopefully the fact that we have prioritized him as RB1 from the beginning means more than UGA trying to get him as a Plan C. 

fingers crossed this move actually pays off for us instead of Texas being the team that gets burned this way

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Competition for fame is stiff in LA. Models, actors, 2 NFL teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 MLB teams. It's hard for me to imagine a football player in Austin wouldn't be more famous in Austin than LA. Take Bijan for example. The days of Reggie Bush Fandom in LA are probably long gone. Bijan is famous on what was a terrible Texas football team. In Texas, football is king. Not so much in California.

Maybe the Rams winning the Super Bowl changes things but in LA USC is football.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Texans do it too.  The moment it drops below 80 in South Texas the scarves and boots show up.  But it’s all irrelevant.  18-21 year old football players aren’t concerned about two road games in November.  They probably welcome a change of scenery and weather.  

Maybe, but I fucking hated catching passes in the winter. It felt like my fingers were going to break off.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Vermin said:

The volleyball scholarship offer is a crock. Even if it wasn't, the B1G travel schedule is going to be brutal.

The daughter is 6ft and touching 10ft 5inches at 14 years old. The vball scholarship offer is not a crock. She will be one of the most sought after vball recruits in the country if she keeps developing, maybe even a bigger collegiate recruit than Braylan.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The daughter is 6ft and touching 10ft 5inches at 14 years old. The vball scholarship offer is not a crock. She will be one of the most sought after vball recruits in the country if she keeps developing, maybe even a bigger collegiate recruit than Braylan.

If thats the case its an even bigger crock...considering she'll have her pick of schools whether he goes to USC or not.

As for the SuperK update.....it's more a UGA is trying to weasel into the conversation not so much they are an actual threat.