Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Roach on Gullette

I drove out to Teague this morning to see four-star linebacker Derion Gullette. Gullette recently transferred from Marlin after his father was hired as the women's basketball coach over the summer. Gullette is out for the year after suffering a knee injury while playing basketball during the summer, but he's focused on his last semester in high school before enrolling early.

Gullette set his decision for this Friday and will pick between Texas, Texas A&M and Ohio State. My pick has been on the Longhorns for a few months, and I'm comfortable with that. We heard some really strong momentum for Texas coming out of Gullette's official visit and throughout the last month. We think that will be enough to carry Texas through, though a late visit to Texas A&M last weekend is making this interesting.

Gullette told me the visit to College Station gave him a lot to think about, and shortly after we talked he left to go take a Zoom call with the Texas A&M staff. He's also slated to speak with Jeff Choate this evening. Just about everyone we've talked to feels this will come down to an in-state battle of Texas and Texas A&M with Gullette preferring to stick close to home. I think the Longhorns have been able to build a pretty strong foundation in this recruitment led by Choate who has done a lot of the relationship building.

I did get the idea that Gullette's mind wasn't totally made up at the moment, but I'm going to lean on the intel we've got and stick with my prediction of Texas for the dynamic athlete.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

We just landed a friend of his in Kirkland and are surging for Wilson so I feel like those wouldn't have happened if Baxter was wavering. 

He's never been to campus and hasn't scheduled an OV yet. While there appears to be legitimate interest, I think a lot of people on this board are wishcasting on Wilson based on clickbait by a few $9.95ers. Let's tap the brakes on this guy until he actually shows up. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, irishtexan said:

He's never been to campus and hasn't scheduled an OV yet. While there appears to be legitimate interest, I think a lot of people on this board are wishcasting on Wilson based on clickbait by a few $9.95ers. Let's tap the brakes on this guy until he actually shows up. 

Surging may be strong wording but without Baxter or Kirkland in the bag I dont think we are even mentioned at this point. 

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

image.thumb.png.0eb083053c2d6b15d9503e599223df3e.png

image.thumb.png.f2d24bc128a190efaf32a8f3938e6718.png

I take it you didn't get the T-shirt or the memo?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 60HornStampede said:

All these reports today seem like reports of nothing. Super Ks is a perfect read about nothing. He could make it up completely with no way to verify and get clicks.

Roach and Perroni sound like they have nothing new at all.

Show About Nothing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Y’all old sack of potato built bums are just bitter your bodies frighten women.  What’s gay is these bitches y’all post that look like 12 year old boys. No ass, hips, or nothing.  

Vic, we already know you love fat ass women. Why are you hiding behind a sock?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Too bad we're not as good at volleyball as USC.

3 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

If thats the case its an even bigger crock...considering she'll have her pick of schools whether he goes to USC or not.

As for the SuperK update.....it's more a UGA is trying to weasel into the conversation not so much they are an actual threat.

Texas didn't bring the daughter in and make her an under the table offer. They are 3 years apart and there is a chance that if he stayed for his senior year they would be on campus at the same time. That's a smart recruiting pitch for a tight knit family already doing well for themselves. You guys laugh but funny how USC is one of the last two standing.

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

Y’all old sack of potato built bums are just bitter your bodies frighten women.  What’s gay is these bitches y’all post that look like 12 year old boys. No ass, hips, or nothing.  

We get it.  You don’t like women.  Except a small subset.

4 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Texas didn't bring the daughter in and make her an under the table offer. They are 3 years apart and there is a chance that if he stayed for his senior year they would be on campus at the same time. That's a smart recruiting pitch for a tight knit family already doing well for themselves. You guys laugh but funny how USC is one of the last two standing.

Genius.  You think USC is the only one who did this if she is that good?  Schools have doen this forever.  Darrell Royal promised Tommy Nobis his Brother's would have scholarships to UT....guess what Bud Wilkenson promised the same thing at OU.  Same thing with Earl Campbell and countless other recruits.  If she is as good as is being stated every college with a volleyball team is doing it, but it doesn't matter if she is that type of player she can probably pick where she goes.  If she is a marginal or borderline level recruit.....that's where the offer has actual value. It's harder to get a volleyball program to play ball on a player they don't think will contribute....

11 hours ago, nycHorn said:

b16a2646b20e74bff0abaa86040491bd.jpg

K is a douchebag, in my humble opinion. The way they run those two sites is kind of a joke. As evident above, K is also a terrible writer. There is so much redundancy in his posts (he’ll usually say “Again,” then rewrite the exact same fucking thing he just stated..it’s as moronic as putting “let that sink in…” after a statement). Honestly, it’s as if his audience were first gra…well, sooners. /rant

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, SamMan said:

K is a douchebag, in my humble opinion. The way they run those two sites is kind of a joke. As evident above, K is also a terrible writer. There is so much redundancy in his posts (he’ll usually say “Again,” then rewrite the exact same fucking thing he just stated..it’s as moronic as putting “let that sink in…” after a statement). Honestly, it’s as if his audience were first gra…well, sooners. /rant

As you know, OU sucks.

6 hours ago, SamMan said:

Dont most of these guys have a " number of words" per day/ artical requirment?  

Which leads to repetition and mindless fluff. Like " watch out for team so and so who may make things interesting with this texas lock"  

But hes reached  his words for the day total.  On a topic he cant be called on , because he used the word " may".

Welcome to the 9.95er world. 

Thatll be 9.95 please. 

• Haha 1

Bobby:

In case you didn’t see the note late yesterday here on IT, linebacker recruit Derion Gullette will announce his college decision Friday at 3pm.

The announcement will be made via social media.

The Horns and Aggies are the two finalists, although Ohio State and others have given chase.

Cross your fingers, but the Horns hold the slightest of leads according to most experts as we enter the last 24 hours prior to his pledge.