Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

So the edge the last 2 cycles could be Tapp, Finkely, Brown, Burke, Gullete, Walton. 

That's already really good

yeah it’s really not that good if you want to compete in the playoff.  it’s good enough to compete in the bigXII though. 

• Fuck You 2

14 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'm assuming this is C4, but who knows maybe we have a surprise lined up.

Braylan Shelby is announcing tomorrow at 1pm.  I know he's favored to commit to USC (Fong'd on Monday), but would be awesome to land him tomorrow and then Baxter next week.

1 hour ago, SarksJuggs said:

DC55E388-CF67-45F7-95F8-7CE3A85D4170.jpeg

First, that list is weird. Second, I still can’t believe how badly Charlie fucked up that year. Third, Hines and Mond were probably the two most despised players by that fan base going into the ‘20 season..and not because they were bad football players or had run afoul of the law. 

3 minutes ago, fellside said:

I know a couple of them were 1st round picks, but what a terrible group of recruits.

That’s because that dolt left off two of the very best recruits. How carter managed to get ahead of jk dobbins is beyond me. It could be argued Wilson wasn’t even the best player on his team from that class. There was plenty of talent there, Liucci is just an idiot.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I didn't check it all that closely, but I have that class with at least 6 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders. Seems decent enough for a single state's class

I meant those specific players.  And Chaisson and Okudah might be firsts but I don't think they're very good at football.

13 minutes ago, fellside said:

I meant those specific players.  And Chaisson and Okudah might be firsts but I don't think they're very good at football.

They were great college players. If you judge a class by how many NFL stars are in it then almost every class would look bad. NFL stars are that rare.

Also, you are looking at Liucci’s dumbass rankings, JK Dobbins was a top 8 in-state player in that class and turned out pretty damn good, Liucci just didn’t have him in his top 8 because he is stupid.

24 minutes ago, SamMan said:

First, that list is weird. Second, I still can’t believe how badly Charlie fucked up that year. of talent there, Liucci is just an idiot.

2017 was a transition class, so Mack deserves a fair bit of blame here.

5 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

They were great college players. If you judge a class by how many NFL stars are in it then almost every class would look bad. NFL stars are that rare.

Also, you are looking at Liucci’s dumbass rankings, JK Dobbins was a top 8 in-state player in that class and turned out pretty damn good, Liucci just didn’t have him in his top 8 because he is stupid.

2017 was a transition class, so Mack deserves a fair bit of blame here.

wut? Mack was fired in 2013. That was the Strong to Herman transition class.

• Haha 1