Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

Great interview. I like this kid. Thanks for posting. 

As a general rule.of thumb , coaches kids usually fall into 2 catagories. 

1: repectful , intelligent leaders. Kids looking to make themselves and the people around them better. 

2: kids that will do anything to get away. Up to and including , commiting to dads hated rivals. 

I think Gullette is a fine example of coaches kid #1. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I just saw a post on another UT forum that there was chatter Yesterday that Tavioano would pull the trigger & commit to UT today. Did any y'all hear that same chatter?

Well, I'm not sure who this Tavioano kid is, but if he's as good as Toviano, then I say let him commit!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Just wait for his brother to get cut

Or perhaps UT VBall will offer the sister 

or maybe we land Damon Wilson and he has to live with his decision.

I kind of like our position. Swing for the fences and try to land an immediate difference-maker at pass rusher. If it doesn't work out, circle back to Shelby right before signing day. Texas has a lot of advantages in this recruitment, if Sark can't land something better.

A Terror off the edge would change the entire direction of this defense in a hurry.

• Hook 'Em 4

or maybe we land Damon Wilson and he has to live with his decision.
I kind of like our position. Swing for the fences and try to land an immediate difference-maker at pass rusher. If it doesn't work out, circle back to Shelby right before signing day. Texas has a lot of advantages in this recruitment, if Sark can't land something better.
A Terror off the edge would change the entire direction of this defense in a hurry.

Noted… but I want everyonegiphy.gif

20 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Y'll really don't know why Luicci does 44?  It's because of Aggie tradition. On the night that J.V. "Pinky" Wilson wrote the Aggie War Hymn during WWI he happened to wander into a field in Flanders that had 44 virgin ewes in it and, heroically, satisfied them all.  You sips wouldn't understand because you don't have any traditions. 

This is fucking amazing, somebody get this to message board geniuses and blow this shit up. I laughed till I cried then I read it again and laughed some more. Bravo sir 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Genghis said:

Shelby to USC as expected.

5 hours ago, futureman said:

kid’s overrated anyway.  sark was looking at bigger targets weeks ago. 

5 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

I found the aggie! emoji16.png

Good get by USC. Maybe we can flip him if they suck and we don’t.

3 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Just wait for his brother to get cut

Or perhaps UT VBall will offer the sister 

Won't matter by then she is only a freshman in high school. And to the clown above, if he saw the kid in person he wouldn't say that. Kid is an absolute monster. Dad was an edge player. Older brother an edge player. Physically more gifted than either of those and with the knowledge from the two on how to play the position coming in. Kid will end up in the league barring injury.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Won't matter by then she is only a freshman in high school. And to the clown above, if he saw the kid in person he wouldn't say that. Kid is an absolute monster. Dad was an edge player. Older brother an edge player. Physically more gifted than either of those and with the knowledge from the two on how to play the position coming in. Kid will end up in the league barring injury.

try to ignore futureman moving forward. most of us do

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Criticism is he’s soft. If he’s Joe Ossai, with that frame, you’re right. But he’s not, so it’s a wish on a frame that you hope to land and maximize. Otherwise, low floor.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Criticism is he’s soft. If he’s Joe Ossai, with that frame, you’re right. But he’s not, so it’s a wish on a frame that you hope to land and maximize. Otherwise, low floor.

Lol. Trust a guy who sees him every Friday. Soft doesn't run in his family. Every person in his family excelled at athletics and in life. Mom played bball in college. Dad played for Arkansas. Oldest, even though not as talented, worked his ass off to get a shot in the NFL. Little sister is a phenom in two sports. The kid plays for Friendswood. How hard does he have to go to dominate? If he is guilty of anything its coasting to not get hurt again, but soft he is not.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

How does a guy that plays at North Shore not have a ranking by his senior year?

The ranking updates have sucked this year. Most borderline or non- blue chips haven’t gotten a ranking in the composite until after they’ve  committed somewhere.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

Rumor going around that Dijon Johnson will recommit to Ohio State this weekend.  Apparently there is a baby on the way but the logistics of that situation may have been worked out.

We'll see if it comes to fruition but apparently the Florida boards are not happy,

crosspost from the non texas 2023 thread, but I wonder if this helps us with https://247sports.com/player/calvin-simpson-hunt-46127886/

11 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Is UT even actively recruiting Simpson-Hunt? The UT 9.95ers don't even talk about him.

there was an update a couple days ago saying that the staff was attempting to re-engage him again.  I know that they also tried to get him to visit while still committed to Tech, but he seemed locked in with his commitment at the time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Yeah, Sark has already worked out a deal with Saban for us to have a ton of recruits on hand that weekend, and for Bama to let us to beat them.

They both realize that this is the only recourse left if there's to be any chance of stopping the juggernaut being built out in College Station. 

Its True GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY