Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

Yeah, Sark has already worked out a deal with Saban for us to have a ton of recruits on hand that weekend, and for Bama to let us to beat them.

They both realize that this is the only recourse left if there's to be any chance of stopping the juggernaut being built out in College Station. 

Are you saying they've formed an alliance?

do-you-want-to-form-an-alliance-with-me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Akana OV.  Don't know the date.

Just wonder what is the story on him. He is on everyone’s board, but never seems to be the primary target. Maybe it’s a lot of either/or situations and it’s working out for Texas, but just wondering people’s thoughts on him

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

Just wonder what is the story on him. He is on everyone’s board, but never seems to be the primary target. Maybe it’s a lot of either/or situations and it’s working out for Texas, but just wondering people’s thoughts on him

I think the downside is his age. He’s either already 19 or will be 19 by the time he gets on campus (not sure which one). Just sounds like someone that could contribute earlier than other targets to me

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

I think it's more in the "graduate, good academic support program, not SOL if you blow your ACL" kind of quality, not "Stanford, Michigan, or Texas?" kind of quality.

The former being what 99% of recruits who say they value education mean. Gen Ed at Texas is the same as Gen Ed at LSU. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RabidM said:

Why would his age matter?  He's not a RB about to turn 30. 

It was just a note made by one of the 995ers I think. When comparing him and Shelby, who is 17, so everyone thinks Shelby still has more room to grow and physically develop compared to Akana

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I didn’t think EJ could top the wedding pics, but my favorite ridiculous moment from him was when he left the Texas site for ND.  Burton or whoever his boss was posted a nice message thanking him and letting the readers know EJ’s wife got accepted into medical school in the Midwest, so he would be moving to cover a team up there.  Sounds perfectly reasonable and nice. Then EJ logs in and says:

“Fuck that!  I wouldn’t move for my stupid wife’s lame doctor career!  I’m leaving because I’m professionally unfulfilled in my more important career - and readers, you all know this is true, as you probably have noticed I’ve been mailing it in for the last 6 months.  At 23 years old with 2 years of experience in this business - 1.5 years of which I was really working, too - well, I just feel like I’ve put in my time and deserve more, you know? Anyway, my new job will give me the freedom to do what I really want and transform this industry to where I know the future is headed - covering summer 7 on 7 camps as pure sport without focusing on the college recruitments of the players.  The market for this is approximately $100 billion per year, and it’s totally untapped!  Respect my decision, losers.  And one last time, nobody cares about medical school and I’m the real breadwinner!”

Petition · Fire Taylor Hamm · Change.org

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Pettaway back in play?

Hale or Pettaway. Whoever wants in first

Edit: or would staff take both? I know they’re leveraging hale and pilot but wonder if Pettaway is a numbers buster 

Edited by OB3

On 8/1/2022 at 10:20 PM, texifornia said:

Not sure you can really pin much blame on her for that. The prequels were top-to-bottom dreck.

If that is your opinion, then you might be a fucktard. And I don't mean that in an overly negative sense, I just mean that if you have children then they probably should not look to you for advice.

Renton and Genreral Grievous are able the only actors with a force strong enough to fight the green screen.