Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

7 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I have so many questions.

Like why did they release the news late on Sunday night and shouldn't their press release have quoted Jeff Lebby too? Art Briles' son in law can defend and explain away pretty much anything immoral or inexplicable.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

He read the word written on the iPad and didn’t know what it was?  This alone should be used in the recruiting pitch against OU.  I guarantee you the players were fucking around and he dropped the N 💣.  I don’t believe the explanation for a second. How long before he’s trending to USC?

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dvoracek on XM84 just now basically bawling for Gundy and whining about it not being who he is. Then he gave a speech about how he’s removed that word from his vocabulary and he recommends that we all do, and talk to our children about it. Thanks, Dusty!

Did he just remove it due to this incident? 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dvoracek on XM84 just now basically bawling for Gundy and whining about it not being who he is. Then he gave a speech about how he’s removed that word from his vocabulary and he recommends that we all do, and talk to our children about it. Thanks, Dusty!

Too bad he hasn’t removed attempted murder from his hobbies 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Made the Daily Mail. With an added bonus of rehashing what brother Mike said as a player 33 years ago. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11091817/Oklahoma-assistant-football-coach-Cale-Gundy-RESIGNS-using-shameful-language-film-session.html

Edited by Duane Moore
Sorry, probably should have posted this in OU thread,
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Made the Daily Mail. With an added bonus of rehashing what brother Mike said as a player 33 years ago. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11091817/Oklahoma-assistant-football-coach-Cale-Gundy-RESIGNS-using-shameful-language-film-session.html

The fact that Alfred Williams continues to assert that shit with Mike Gundy when Gundy and his teammates have never once wavered on his denial is outstanding. Williams, Kenavis McGee and the rest of those Colorado players were some of the rowdiest and loudest shittalkers in CFB history. They backed it up on the field and I loved watching them play as a kid, but they were fucking notorious. They’ve never put it together that they don’t have the credibility to sell that story because of their own antics during that game. It was immediate deflection when asked about them being assholes all game.

This, of course, isn’t the thread for the subject matter, but one of my favorite CFB topics is worst titles won. I truly loved watching those late 80’s/early 90’s CU teams, but man, that they won a split of the national title in 1990 after stealing a fucking game against Missouri because the refs weren’t paying enough attention to count to only 4 is one of the most hilarious and pathetic jokes in CFB history. 

Hell, maybe I’ll start a thread on the football board about it and see if anyone else has some good ones. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Does this include when you are attending a Kenny Chesney concert?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The fact that Alfred Williams continues to assert that shit with Mike Gundy when Gundy and his teammates have never once wavered on his denial is outstanding. Williams, Kenavis McGee and the rest of those Colorado players were some of the rowdiest and loudest shittalkers in CFB history. They backed it up on the field and I loved watching them play as a kid, but they were fucking notorious. They’ve never put it together that they don’t have the credibility to sell that story because of their own antics during that game. It was immediate deflection when asked about them being assholes all game.

This, of course, isn’t the thread for the subject matter, but one of my favorite CFB topics is worst titles won. I truly loved watching those late 80’s/early 90’s CU teams, but man, that they won a split of the national title in 1990 after stealing a fucking game against Missouri because the refs weren’t paying enough attention to count to only 4 is one of the most hilarious and pathetic jokes in CFB history. 

Hell, maybe I’ll start a thread on the football board about it and see if anyone else has some good ones. 

I completely forgot about the infamous "5th" down