Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Talking to a connected Sooner friend of mine he allegedly used the phrase “N Go Deep” or “NGD” if you ever played backyard ball in the 80’s or 90’s. 

Yeah but did he say “er” or “a” lol. One means he’s a white honky coach who should have his ass whipped and the other means he’s…well…shit. Never mind 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Dvoracek on XM84 just now basically bawling for Gundy and whining about it not being who he is. Then he gave a speech about how he’s removed that word from his vocabulary and he recommends that we all do, and talk to our children about it. Thanks, Dusty!

he also said he made some mistakes and was given a second chance.. so should Cale lol

I really thought he was going to break down and cry on the radio a few times this morning

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

If his guys weren't pissed about it, then why is he being let go?  To appease the mob?  I mean, I don't have any love lost for meth smokers, but shouldn't his own players get a say?

Appease what mob? Nobody even knew about it until he resigned.

This had to be based on how people felt internally, which is why it’s a safe bet that we’re not getting the full story.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

Does this include when you are attending a Kenny Chesney concert?

I know this reference, and it isn't clear to me whether I should or not.

23 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

EJ Holland CB notwithstanding, Tennessee seems real confident on Jordan Matthews. Like they are making him an Anthony Hill type offer he can’t refuse. We’ll see in a week I guess. 

If they go stupid with the bag, then, yes, they will get him. If the NIL is comparable, no, they are not getting him.

• Hook 'Em 3

Justin Wells Today at 11:09 AM

The 2023 Arlington Martin DB, On3 Consensus No. 34 prospect recently tripped to Baton Rouge for an unofficial visit to LSU.

Toviano has four officials left, with Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Oregon, and Michigan in the mix. He’d like to take them all.

Could he be committed before his officials? Yes. He says his decision is coming soon and would prefer before this senior campaign begins.

Texas has a “home” feel and loves the players, continues to build with Steve Sarkisian and staff, and hears from Trevell Johnson and Morice Blackwell regularly.

He wants to see Austin in early September.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

If his guys weren't pissed about it, then why is he being let go?  To appease the mob?  I mean, I don't have any love lost for meth smokers, but shouldn't his own players get a say?

Maybe a poll of recruits would be more meaningful. It's bad PR. I don't know anything about the coach or the specifics of the incident, but you just can't use that word if you're not black. It's a small sacrifice in the scheme of things.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

They probably asked him how many times he's said that in front of players and he couldn't count that high

Inside Texas live from Venice High School (Fla.)

Gerry Hamilton•about 2 hours

Article written by:Gerry Hamilton

GHamilton_On3

(Chad Simmons/On3)

Venice, Fla. – Inside Texas is live from Venice High School in Southwest Florida Monday to watch On3 5-star EDGE Damon Wilson.

The 6-foot-3, 234-pounder with a non-stop motor and high-level physicality surprised many when he included Texas in his final 5 July 14.

The Longhorns joined Alabama, Georgia, Miami and Ohio State in the five. Wilson made an unofficial visit to Georgia the first weekend in June (same weekend as Arch Manning). He made a June official visit to Alabama two week later. Miami and Ohio State received spring unofficial visits.

Texas offered Wilson January 23, 2022. There had been minimal contact since the offer, but that is changing. The Longhorns staff is now engaging the uber talented pass rush that recorded 90 tackles and 15 sacks as a junior. Texas assistant Jeff Choate is heading up the recruitment of Wilson.

Alabama leads Georgia in the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine for the Southwest Florida star.

Damon Wilson On3 Personal Life profile

“Damon Wilson was already a well-known name in the Sunshine State, but he became a household name on the national scene with an unforgettable performance for Venice High in the 2021 Florida Class 8A championship game. Wilson had a monster pick-six in the 35-7 victory over Apopka. He was also in on eight tackles, had a half of a sack to tie the school record in a season with 14.5 and recorded two tackles for a loss to go along with his interception for a touchdown, pass breakup and quarterback hit, the latter three occurring on the same play. When he’s not making plays on the football field, Wilson is likely in the weight room or competing for the school’s powerlifting team. Wilson has a 370-pound bench press and he has hopes of topping the 400-pound mark by the time he graduates.”

image.thumb.png.26fbb17603f6294679e983d05283dfcd.png

image.thumb.png.8d4c1171c042d60c1a5b18c7bd59f7fa.png

• Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, Vermin said:

https://theathletic.com/3481562/2022/08/05/college-football-recruiting-staffers-rules-survey/

Interesting piece on the state of college football recruiting. Apparently photo shoots annoy staffs.

They annoy me too, but like the coaches, who gives a shit as long as the kids are happy.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Toviano has four officials left, with Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Oregon, and Michigan in the mix. He’d like to take them all.

Texas has a “home” feel and loves the players, continues to build with Steve Sarkisian and staff, and hears from Trevell Johnson and Morice Blackwell regularly.

He wants to see Austin in early September.

"oh, I don't know...maybe the second weekend in September. Y'all got anything going on that weekend?" 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Droopy said:

They annoy me too, but like the coaches, who gives a shit as long as the kids are happy.

"oh, I don't know...maybe the second weekend in September. Y'all got anything going on that weekend?" 

Thinking imma be black out drunk about 1pm central.  

So. Usual Saturday. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I completely forgot about the infamous "5th" down

that is the luckiest CFB MNC in history.  they tied Tennessee and lost to a John Mackovic coached Illini team in addition to the 5th down.

Grass Eater's 2 loss LSU team being a close second

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

that is the luckiest CFB MNC in history.  they tied Tennessee and lost to a John Mackovic coached Illini team in addition to the 5th down.

Grass Eater's 2 loss LSU team being a close second

That year was super chaotic, almost as much as 2007. Miami lost to BYU in the first week then started crushing everything in their path. #1 Michigan lost to MSU after Desmond Howard caught the game-winning TD despite getting interfered with, only for the referees to wave off the catch AND ignore the PI. Then #1 Notre Dame blew a 21-7 lead to Penn State. Fucking Virginia of all teams was ranked #1 for a bit, then lost to Georgia Tech. Houston did the same, then Hadnot ran all over them in DKR. And of course the craziness of the bowl games.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

That year was super chaotic, almost as much as 2007. Miami lost to BYU in the first week then started crushing everything in their path. #1 Michigan lost to MSU after Desmond Howard caught the game-winning TD despite getting interfered with, only for the referees to wave off the catch AND ignore the PI. Then #1 Notre Dame blew a 21-7 lead to Penn State. Fucking Virginia of all teams was ranked #1 for a bit, then lost to Georgia Tech. Houston did the same, then Hadnot ran all over them in DKR. And of course the craziness of the bowl games.

Those Virginia helmets/uniforms were terrible. 

34 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I started a thread on the football board in the spirit of "worst title teams of all time" if you guys are interested in the discussion.

Jesus it is turning into tigerdroppings up in here. Who needs a new thread for every discussion?

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Jesus it is turning into tigerdroppings up in here. Who needs a new thread for every discussion?

I don't give one shit if you dickheads discuss that on this thread. I thought it was an interesting topic this morning, so I created a thread on it and invited folks over. You don't have to do anything different, Mo. Just keep hitting F5 for the latest twitter updates from 17 year olds and Kirk Bohls.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, closetojumping said:

I don't give one shit if you dickheads discuss that on this thread. I thought it was an interesting topic this morning, so I created a thread on it and invited folks over. You don't have to do anything different, Mo. Just keep hitting F5 for the latest twitter updates from 17 year olds and Kirk Bohls.

You think I'm here for actual news? I'm here for the incorporation of Monty Python gently massaged into 40-50 year old men worried about some 9.95ers infatuation with a QB named after a bird while eating their Chicken Fried Steak sandwich and bitching about some bimbo's hair arms.

• Haha 4