Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If Johntay is to be believed, they are full court pressing on Hale. MHP seems like a guy on the bubble to me who could get lost in the shuffle at multiple position groups. I would love to see the data on guys who project best at one position, but insist on playing another until they finally figure out they won't crack the lineup before switching. My guess is those guys rarely pan out even at their original best position. Henry Melton is the only guy I can recall offhand who successfully did that and went on to have a great pro career. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Hornbeliever said:

The price on a wheel of raclette cheese at the Bunker Hill HEB has doubled in the last 3 months.  Ketch living in Spring Branch confirmed.

I have it on good authority that he uses that cheese as soap. How are the reservoires?

5 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Ketch moved to the woodlands area.. I never thought I'd enjoy Galveston as much as I have. Don't think I could ever live there since I'm not a BMD but being 25 minutes away isn't too shabby. 

Mother fucker, you mean there is a chance that I could run into this fucker rolling through HEB at some point? Wing prices are certainly going to increase too, fucking hell

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Mother fucker, you mean there is a chance that I could run into this fucker rolling through HEB at some point? Wing prices are certainly going to increase too, fucking hell

If you find a trail of diarrhea starting in the chip aisle, change stores immediately 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

The price on a wheel of raclette cheese at the Bunker Hill HEB has doubled in the last 3 months.  Ketch living in Spring Branch confirmed.

Noooooo!!  That’s my H‑E‑B.  I noticed they were low on the carts for the fat fucks at the front of the store.  Ketch-E and Anwar must have been making a run for the Creamy Creations.  

6DC53A27-4CC9-47E4-A013-F8B3F537C57C.jpeg

• Haha 2

I was going to pose a logistics question (How does a high school kid in Jacksonville, Florida, playing in a football game on Friday night, make it to Austin in time for a Saturday 11 am kickoff?) but I went ahead and looked it up. There are two flights leaving JAX at 6:00, one is scheduled to arrive at AUS just before 10 am, the other around 10:30. You’ll probably be a little late to the game, but you’ll be ok. 

We’ve got kids coming from all over, so kudos to the staff for making all the arrangements and making sure there are drivers, cars, etc., and making sure the families are cared for well. You can’t have any fuck ups. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

I was going to pose a logistics question (How does a high school kid in Jacksonville, Florida, playing in a football game on Friday night, make it to Austin in time for a Saturday 11 am kickoff?) but I went ahead and looked it up. There are two flights leaving JAX at 6:00, one is scheduled to arrive at AUS just before 10 am, the other around 10:30. You’ll probably be a little late to the game, but you’ll be ok. 

We’ve got kids coming from all over, so kudos to the staff for making all the arrangements and making sure there are drivers, cars, etc., and making sure the families are cared for well. You can’t have any fuck ups. 

That’s not even the tough one that weekend. Duce Robinson is doing the same thing playing on Friday at 7 in Phoenix and then schedule to be in Austin at 11 Saturday, all while losing 2 hours coming East. At least Hall will gain an hour on his flight. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

That’s not even the tough one that weekend. Duce Robinson is doing the same thing playing on Friday at 7 in Phoenix and then schedule to be in Austin at 11 Saturday, all while losing 2 hours coming East. At least Hall will gain an hour on his flight. 

You saying that the Duce will lose a deuce?

14 hours ago, Vertigo said:

If Johntay is to be believed, they are full court pressing on Hale. MHP seems like a guy on the bubble to me who could get lost in the shuffle at multiple position groups. I would love to see the data on guys who project best at one position, but insist on playing another until they finally figure out they won't crack the lineup before switching. My guess is those guys rarely pan out even at their original best position. Henry Melton is the only guy I can recall offhand who successfully did that and went on to have a great pro career. 

in case you are curious, Billy Bowman is a full time DB. not sure if he ever even played a snap at WR at OU (even though they "promised" him he would play offense too).

Edited by NoName
  • Haha 1

Bobby,

In recruiting, here’s some food for thought.

As most of you know, Cedric Baxter, a running back from Orlando’s Edgewater High, is announcing his decision this evening at 6pm CT.

Ranked the nation’s No. 1 RB by On3, Baxter is down to Texas, Miami, Texas A&M and Florida.

It’s hard not to get excited because it appears Texas holds the lead for his signature.

So consider what that would mean if Baxter chooses the Horns.

When is the last time Texas signed the nation’s No. 1 ranked QB and No. 1 RB in the same class?

The answer is never.

I don’t think people appreciate quite yet how amazing it is that the Horns might ink both Arch Manning and Cedric Baxter coming off of a 5-7 season. And I also don’t think people appreciate just how strong of a recruiter Steve Sarkisian is yet either.

While Texas RB coach Tashard Choice is clearly the lead recruiter for Baxter, Sark has really set up Texas well this off-season despite a poor season a year ago.

It’ll really be interesting to see what Sark might be able to do if the Horns start winning.

But I’m not sure they would ever match a combo of No. 1s at QB and RB in the same class again.

And another thing:

If Baxter picks Texas, that’s going to be another shockwave in national recruiting circles.

Do not be surprised if other players start wanting to visit Texas, not unlike what happened when Arch committed as well.

We’ve said it time and again, great players often want to play with other great players.

Gerry’s in Orlando today for Baxter’s practice and subsequent announcement. We’ll have lots of coverage here for you today.

Also, Justin just got back last night from seeing Longview receiver Jalen Hale out in Longview. Hale moved his decision date up to Sept. 21 in order to announce at his high school.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 7

15 hours ago, satyanash said:

Gerry on Florida DT Jordan Hall

Hall learning more about Texas

“I wouldn’t say I know a lot. I know a little. I know the history of the school, how good they used to be and how they want to bring that back. The brand of football they used to play. Hard nosed, run the ball. They probably have the best running back in the country when he’s healthy in Bijan (Robinson). They have some weapons there. Texas’ recruiting is going well. Sydir said it’s a vibe. It’s a cool place to be. He just wants me to get on board.”

Somebody get Ricky on the case!  Ricky personifies Texas Football. 

rickywilliams1-2x.jpg

• Hook 'Em 8