Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

At least there's 3 talented WR already in the fold. Hale was a nice to have, and this spot can be filled via free agency in the portal. Better to re-allocate those NIL dollars to a pure pass rusher.

This.  WR should be the last position group to worry about.  Hale was a luxury more than a need.  Sark will get someone from the portal if he feels like we need another WR in December/January.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Fong said he’s now hearing Bama. Also says we are working on DeAndre Moore (I think he’s committed to Louisville)

Moore would be interesting since Louisville looks like a big steaming stinking pile of shit so far.  But like I posted above, WR is the last position group we should worry about.  We still need 1 or 2 more EDGE players, at least 1 DL, another LB and CB.  

I also fully expect to go after a portal LB.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Sydney touched on it, but he's nicer than I am. There are a few very wealthy guys with a history of involvement with Texas that have said they will give exactly zero dollars ever to NIL. The rest are listening and learning, and a few are doing. Please do not speculate on names on here or I am out on discussing stuff. I do not begrudge other peoples' choices in how they spend their money, whether rich or poor. In the grand scheme, like I said, I think Texas is and will continue to be elite in NIL, irrespective of whether or not any single individual is interested in helping.

It's Rocko, isn't it. He refuses to trade in his used Corvette to pay for NIL. We'll need to check in on his paycheck before we can determine how much he can afford to spend on NIL.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, OB3 said:

4287132E-ED2A-4175-8ADB-57B2AFDE81AC.thumb.jpeg.8b3d0973ac520372b2406c3c4f4fb4bb.jpeg

For MHP. Don’t know if he’s actually hearing something or if this is just in response to Hale news

would rather have Hale then MHP. I just don’t see it in him but hey we’ll see 

If it’s one position I’m not gonna worry about it’s Quarterback 

oh and Receiver lol

Edited by D3zii

On 9/19/2022 at 4:49 AM, TheMailBox357 said:

Traditionally it took a year before you could be back & play after an ACL tear. But it took 2 years to regain your full athleticism from before the ACL tear.

Based on the Spring football & Fall camp reports, Omiere & Alexis seem to be on this timeline. They can physically practice & play, but they haven’t fully recovered from their ACL tears. I don’t see why Neyor won’t go through the same thing.

Don't forget that Omiere tore his ACL and MCL, I believe, so that set him back 2 years. He's just now able to participate, and by next season will be full on Omerie bad assery

On 9/19/2022 at 8:47 AM, closetojumping said:

Not sure why we’re on this in the 2023 recruiting thread, but I’m less certain than any of you guys that Neyor is at Texas next year. 

For 2023 WR depth purposes, Texas needs to:

-sign 4 guys, if not a 5th in MHP.

-retain Worthy, and that is going to be 7 figures from the NIL machine.

-get Hall to a spot where he’s reliable and vaguely maturing. 

-get Thompson thinking he’s going to contribute this year and be a big part of next year.

-cross your fingers on Neyor.

-retain Cain, Red, and anyone else they think is a player.

-find an impact transfer if you can, and will probably need $250k-$1M depending upon who it is. 

Neyor will be back. You also said Blue would never step on campus, so pardon me if I find your takes to be stupid. 

2 hours ago, OB3 said:

4287132E-ED2A-4175-8ADB-57B2AFDE81AC.thumb.jpeg.8b3d0973ac520372b2406c3c4f4fb4bb.jpeg

For MHP. Don’t know if he’s actually hearing something or if this is just in response to Hale news

1 hour ago, D3zii said:

would rather have Hale then MHP. I just don’t see it in him but hey we’ll see 

If it’s one position I’m not gonna worry about it’s Quarterback 

oh and Receiver lol

Yeah, MHP doesn’t get me excited as a straight-up WR prospect (But I’m fine with him as an ATH prospect). I don’t know why Nahlin likes him so much when they are Better WR prospects to go after.

14 hours ago, Skipper said:

I hope that question is hopefully being answered with another question  from a recent real world example.  Which is more likely to result in Nebraska having a winning football team again soon.  Paying an additional $7.5MM buyout to be the first to fire their coach (first in line for next hiring cycle!!).  Or waiting 3 weeks and pocketing the $7.5MM (whatever dumbass booster funded it) and deploying that towards NIL.  People set in these old school ways of thinking about how to win at college football are clueless.

This reminded me. I work with a guy who is closely related to a recent aggy head coach of a mens team ( thats suitably vague).

He told me his relative had said aggy boosters were actually talking about trying to raise jimbos buyout. 

90 plus mil?  I laughed  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Most playground bullies I ran into did exactly as you described without resorting to fists. They shouted, belittled, and tried to berate using profanity their targets into submission. Fists meant they could get hurt, which they avoided.

I do thank you and CTJ for your work towards making this happen organically, especially for the O-line and keeping Worthy around last year. I read what CTJ says and take in the info, but we’re allowed to disagree with parts of it, hence my WR room assessment disagreement.

However, your Liucci reference is most apropos in that you’re trying to treat this as your little fiefdom.

I picked up my burnt ends today FWIW.

Carry on.

go back to the football board, it becomes clear with every post you make that side of the house is more your speed.

also, thank you for actually paying for burnt ends.

10 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Who would be throwing passes to Hale next year from Bama?  That’s right….nobody knows.

i don't think there should be much of a worry about the Alabama QB room in general.

image.png.a71dcd0c4a511cf7a53e99cdcd2ebdb5.png

now, being worried about what kind of hilarious scheme BOB runs without a Heisman winner? absolutely.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

i don't think there should be much of a worry about the Alabama QB room in general.

image.png.a71dcd0c4a511cf7a53e99cdcd2ebdb5.png

now, being worried about what kind of hilarious scheme BOB runs without a Heisman winner? absolutely.

No 5-stars at all in the QB room after Bryce? Seems ominous. Prolly ought to just shut down the whole program.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

No 5-stars at all in the QB room after Bryce? Seems ominous. Prolly ought to just shut down the whole program.

Isn’t Jalen Milton there?? 
Looking at their spring game and going to a few of his Highschool games I wouldn’t sleep on him 

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

You also said Blue would never step on campus, so pardon me if I find your takes to be stupid. 

let's wait a little while before waiving the Jaydon Blue victory flag.

actually signing with Texas was a win. actually making it on campus was a win. actually getting on the field was a win. now, let's see if he makes it through the summer into next year.

flakes are going to flake. his recruitment was basically one huge Texas sized red flag.