Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Same as it ever was. Alabama knew how much our NIL was worth. Then they upped the ante with cash. It is pretty easy to do when playing by gentlemen's rules.

Yup. I'm hopeful we change our tactics to include both moving forward once people around our program see and learn from other SEC programs when we move over. Both is the best recipe.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Same as it ever was. Alabama knew how much our NIL was worth. Then they upped the ante with cash. It is pretty easy to do when playing by gentlemen's rules.

What doesn't make sense to me is the timing. If you believe the crystal balls, this thing turned on a dime like, yesterday. Seems like if Bama decides they HAVE to get Hale, that would have been in the works for a while. Is Saban in his office refreshing 247 waiting for Wiltfong's crystal ball before he pulls the trigger on bag action?

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yup. I'm hopeful we change our tactics to include both moving forward once people around our program see and learn from other SEC programs when we move over. Both is the best recipe.

What the fuck makes you think we're going to "learn" moving forward and include NIL and Bags, when we've known exactly what bags are for the past 30 years of the modern era and refused to participate? We can barely even drag most alums to the NIL finish line. 

If this things get rolling with baseline and corporate and city of Austin, the rest of the SEC can sit around and do jack shit but polish their puds until the end of time. 

33 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

In the mud, you say? Courtesy of @SydneyCarton's favorite rapper.

This was also one of the background songs to one of the greatest highlight videos of all time.

x,1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

What the fuck makes you think we're going to "learn" moving forward and include NIL and Bags, when we've known exactly what bags are for the past 30 years of the modern era and refused to participate? We can barely even drag most alums to the NIL finish line. 

If this things get rolling with baseline and corporate and city of Austin, the rest of the SEC can sit around and do jack shit but polish their puds until the end of time. 

x,1

Knowing how to setup the system? We seem to not know shit about fuck with regards to that, for one.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Knowing how to setup the system? We seem to not know shit about fuck with regards to that, for one.

We know shit about fuck about it because none of the guys with money want any part of it. Period. Full stop. You've been bringing this shit up for years now, and with the advent of the NIL world, the hope of UT dropping bags on guys is further away than it was years ago, and years ago it was in some other alternate universe of likelihood. Just stop. 

Or let me put this another way: UT will start dropping bags when you personally have your net worth jump above 100 million and decide you can afford to send 2-3 million a year on Texas dropping bags. That's it. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

What doesn't make sense to me is the timing. If you believe the crystal balls, this thing turned on a dime like, yesterday. Seems like if Bama decides they HAVE to get Hale, that would have been in the works for a while. Is Saban in his office refreshing 247 waiting for Wiltfong's crystal ball before he pulls the trigger on bag action?

he just said "he's known since last sunday".... who knows...

4 minutes ago, Squiddie said:

he just said "he's known since last sunday".... who knows...  who cares

FIFY. Im not saying Hale isnt a hit, but we were indifferent to the guy when we didn't think he was coming here. There were plenty of rumors about off the field issues, although I admit we haven't heard much about that in the last 6 months. Hale feels like a classic guy who boosts the class ranking, and looks good on paper, but probably doesn't actually add a fuck ton to the class considering his position, who we have committed, and the beauty of the transfer portal. I'm honestly surprised so many folks here are taking this one as hard as they seem to be...personally I'm still more butthurt about Shelby than I am about Hale, and I haven't thought about Shelby in weeks. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We know shit about fuck about it because none of the guys with money want any part of it. Period. Full stop. You've been bringing this shit up for years now, and with the advent of the NIL world, the hope of UT dropping bags on guys is further away than it was years ago, and years ago it was in some other alternate universe of likelihood. Just stop. 

Or let me put this another way: UT will start dropping bags when you personally have your net worth jump above 100 million and decide you can afford to send 2-3 million a year on Texas dropping bags. That's it. 

do both it doesn't matter

Who gives a shit how often i bring it up. The rest of the elites do it so why fight with 1 hand behind our back?

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

FIFY. Im not saying Hale isnt a hit, but we were indifferent to the guy when we didn't think he was coming here. There were plenty of rumors about off the field issues, although I admit we haven't heard much about that in the last 6 months. Hale feels like a classic guy who boosts the class ranking, and looks good on paper, but probably doesn't actually add a fuck ton to the class considering his position, who we have committed, and the beauty of the transfer portal. I'm honestly surprised so many folks here are taking this one as hard as they seem to be...personally I'm still more butthurt about Shelby than I am about Hale, and I haven't thought about Shelby in weeks. 

i agree about Shelby because we need more DEs/Edge difference makers.  Hale would have been a great addition to this class but the current WRs committed are terrific already.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

do both it doesn't matter

Who gives a shit how often i bring it up. The rest of the elites do it so why fight with 1 hand behind our back?

I give a shit, because you literally don't read any other posts about the subject and fail to absorb any information. Fuck, you failed to absorb and address my last post, which you literally quoted. Texas isn't doing both. Texas is never doing both. The advent of the NIL pretty much guarantees Texas will never be dropping bags. 

Why do we fight with one hand behind our backs? I don't know, the guys with money have personal integrity and their own honor code? WHO THE FUCK CARES, IT IS NEVER HAPPENING. Unless, I repeat, you want to get it fucking started yourself. So why don't you stop fucking whining about it and get a second job at Dairy Queen so you can start accruing some wealth, ok?

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I give a shit, because you literally don't read any other posts about the subject and fail to absorb any information. Fuck, you failed to absorb and address my last post, which you literally quoted. Texas isn't doing both. Texas is never doing both. The advent of the NIL pretty much guarantees Texas will never be dropping bags. 

Why do we fight with one hand behind our backs? I don't know, the guys with money have personal integrity and their own honor code? WHO THE FUCK CARES, IT IS NEVER HAPPENING. Unless, I repeat, you want to get it fucking started yourself. So why don't you stop fucking whining about it and get a second job at Dairy Queen so you can start accruing some wealth, ok?

IF IF IF

NIL + Bags > NIL

The holistic Texas it is!

It's actually insane we still don't have team wide NIL setup while Tech and SMU do....so yeah pardon me for not being the most optimistic about it right now especially considering RGBIII and others have said our alumni are fucking oblivious to what NIL is and still learning and some flat out refuse.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IF IF IF

NIL + Bags > NIL

Texas isn't going to enter the (illegal) bag game. They didn't over the last decade, the worst in the program's history. They absolutely are not going to now that there is a legal option with NIL.

This isn't hard to understand. Wishing for it to happen is wasted brain power. Hoping it will happen is wasted hope. It isn't happening unless you personally set it up, fund it and keep the gravy going years into the future.

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IF IF IF

NIL + Bags > NIL

I'm not sure I said anything in my post that was an IF. 

I don't give a fuck if you like it, agree with it, etc. But for fucks sake, shut the fuck up about it ad nauseum because you might as well be asking us to start lighting the tower Crimson when we win fucking games. We'd all appreciate it if you could move onto the Acceptance stage of your Grief. That or get wealthy and fund bags. We'll take either, but either way just shut up, neckbeard. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's actually insane we still don't have team wide NIL setup while Tech and SMU do....so yeah pardon me for not being the most optimistic about it right now especially considering RGBIII and others have said our alumni are fucking oblivious to what NIL is and still learning and some flat out refuse.

I'm re-quoting your shitty post in light of this edit because...you think YOU are informing ME about our alumni and NIL. @RGBIII come look at this shit.

Also, I was literally the first person to post on this board that some alumni were flat out refusing on general principle. 

But thanks for the edit and additional information. You really helped ram down my point that TEXAS ALUMS ARE NEVER GOING TO FUND BAGS. Fuck.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

Wells is teasing an article on Moore but it likely is a vague "thinks look good if Texas can get him to campus again" type bullshit

It just an article talking about the potential WRs that UT might go after after losing Hale: Deandre Moore, MHP, Kyle Parker, Jaden Greathouse, & Braylon James.

IT just dropped a video:

#OnTexasFootball #Longhorns #JalenHale #RecruitingBreakdown

On this edition of The Recruiting Breakdown, On Texas Football talks Jalen Hale choosing Alabama, where the Longhorns go from here and more!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Have you sent in your donation to HWH or made sure your friends/colleagues with means are aware that the opportunity exists?  I just got another alumn interested over lunch today.  There are a lot of people that aren't "BMD's" that can afford to donate $5K/$10K+, are interested in how do do it legally while also benefiting charitable organizations, and don't know opportunities exist to do so.

• Hook 'Em 6

58 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Stop giving so much power to crystal balls.  They don’t matter.

22 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

I feel like the reticence by CDC to hand over/nudge BMDs towards collectives makes sense. One of his main calling cards at TCU was his fundraising abilities for major projects. He’s dealing with the entire athletics department and probably has long term plans for future projects. Opening the doors to the BMDs puts more hands in the cookie jar, and means less firepower to pull out in big chunks when he needs it.

I see it as a wait and see mentality. If we’re humming along without him giving up the ferrari keys, he’s going to hold onto them. So far so good with regards to the recruiting of freshman. The TP arms race, if it is occurs, isn’t upon us yet.

This is fucking stupid and untrue. Go ask the Bama AD how their coffers looked before and how they look since Saban took over. we have full support of the AD and have had multiple donors referred to us by the LHF. Hell he hosted the large donor drive that has been referenced previously

20 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

Stop trying to be a playground bully.

This isn’t the forum to discuss CDC further, but bringing up Jimbo as a comparison is pretty dang funny.

We currently have a top 2-5 recruiting class per the ranking services (including the number one overall player), it looks like we’re trending for Hale tomorrow, momentum heading into the conference schedule, and we didn’t get killed in last years TP. Recruiting isn’t in a bad place.

Ummmm how do you think that exactly happened? 5-7 coming off a loss to Kansas and we suddenly have a top 3 recruiting class? Kids simply want to wear burnt orange and live in Austin? 

17 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A81D28DA-A08D-4CB5-B0C7-C3326C5FCD76.jpeg

This guy is wrong. Yes bags came out, it’s called budgeting. Same with Matthews and even Hill. We can stay in the convo but when schools decide to pay a second tier corner half of what our entire OL is being paid yearly…..

17 hours ago, Goodman said:

After Mathis, I'm not going to question how Sark spends our money. If that is what it comes down to. 

Our offer was nearly double what Nebraskas was for Mathis. GP and PK fucked that one up

16 hours ago, westexhorn said:

i've been watching this user's comments and it sounds like he kinda knows some of the NIL people from Texas

I don’t know who the fuck he is so….no

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IF IF IF

NIL + Bags > NIL

We haven’t had a single person just outright refuse to participate unless they are broke/are involved with much bigger things. HWH has a tougher road to achieve our baseline because the people that could fund it entirely are involved in other avenues. It’s one thing to contribute to get a five star. It’s another to set the baseline which is paying kids that you potentially don’t want to. No one wants Max Merrill to get 50k, would you give even .1% of your wealth to someone like that

50 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm re-quoting your shitty post in light of this edit because...you think YOU are informing ME about our alumni and NIL. @RGBIII come look at this shit.

Also, I was literally the first person to post on this board that some alumni were flat out refusing on general principle. 

But thanks for the edit and additional information. You really helped ram down my point that TEXAS ALUMS ARE NEVER GOING TO FUND BAGS. Fuck.

Lol

Edited by RGBIII
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Have you sent in your donation to HWH or made sure your friends/colleagues with means are aware that the opportunity exists?  I just got another alumn interested over lunch today.  There are a lot of people that aren't "BMD's" that can afford to donate $5K/$10K+, are interested in how do do it legally while also benefiting charitable organizations, and don't know opportunities exist to do so.

This is EXACTLY what we need. There were 100k people in the stadium for a game against UTSA, if 1% of that number could give us 5k a year we would be funded in perpetuity 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This is fucking stupid and untrue. Go ask the Bama AD how their coffers looked before and how they look since Saban took over. we have full support of the AD and have had multiple donors referred to us by the LHF. Hell he hosted the large donor drive that has been referenced previously

Ummmm how do you think that exactly happened? 5-7 coming off a loss to Kansas and we suddenly have a top 3 recruiting class? Kids simply want to wear burnt orange and live in austin? Recruiting without the efforts of a select few would be in a really fucking rough spot 

This guy is wrong. Yes bags came out, it’s called budgeting. Same with Matthews and even Hill. We were extremely competitive but when schools decide to pay a second tier corner half of what our entire OL is being paid yearly…..

Our offer was nearly double what Nebraskas was for Mathis. GP and PK fucked that one up

I don’t know who the fuck he is so….no

We haven’t had a single person just outright refuse to participate unless they are broke/are involved with much bigger things. HWH has a tougher road to achieve our baseline because the people that could fund it entirely are involved in other avenues. It’s one thing to contribute to get a five star. It’s another to set the baseline which is paying kids that you potentially don’t want to. No one wants Max Merrill to get 50k, would you give even .1% of your wealth to someone like that

Lol

Just for clarity Shaggy wasn't who put out the idea that the Athletic dept and CDC weren't supporting NIL.  That came from CTJ.  Shaggy was just going with it.

5 hours ago, tokamak said:

Yeah, yeah, we fucking get it already.

I'd be pretty stunned if Omiere ever meaningfully contributes here. In fact, I think it's much more likely that he's in the portal after this season. Sucks, but shit happens.

Maybe, but he admitted that he has to work himself back up the roster, so he has the mindset. He's a supreme talent when healthy, and I can see him coming on strong soon. But, you may be right. Who knows? Mine is wish casting at best.