Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Just for clarity Shaggy wasn't who put out the idea that the Athletic dept and CDC weren't supporting NIL.  That came from CTJ.  Shaggy was just going with it.

Ya things have changed significantly. Is it where I want it to be, nope but it’s much better than when they literally thought this would be kids selling tshirts

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IF IF IF

NIL + Bags > NIL

The holistic Texas it is!

It's actually insane we still don't have team wide NIL setup while Tech and SMU do....so yeah pardon me for not being the most optimistic about it right now especially considering RGBIII and others have said our alumni are fucking oblivious to what NIL is and still learning and some flat out refuse.

I don't want to belabor the point that repeating the first half of your post ad nauseam is annoying, but I do want to say that the Texas NIL machine is going about their efforts in the right way. 

The team-wide deals lose their recruiting value if they aren't sustainable. It takes time to raise the kind of funds that will accomplish the goal at Texas. I don't know how SMU/Tech are funding their stuff, but the guy doing it for Miami has already said he's going to start scaling back. After one year lol. We aren't going to lose important recruits to SMU or Tech because of 30k, so have some patience while the difference-making work gets done. 

• Hook 'Em 8

6 hours ago, NoName said:

let's wait a little while before waiving the Jaydon Blue victory flag.

actually signing with Texas was a win. actually making it on campus was a win. actually getting on the field was a win. now, let's see if he makes it through the summer into next year.

flakes are going to flake. his recruitment was basically one huge Texas sized red flag.

He didn't say anything about contribution, he said Blue would never make it to campus, ever. That's a stupid take, like a lot of his. Whether he contributes or not is moot, it's that he made it and he's contributing thus far. 

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ya things have changed significantly. Is it where I want it to be, nope but it’s much better than when they literally thought this would be kids selling tshirts

"What that also means is that the big money outside of CFC, so far, is on the sidelines and doesn't want to participate because they haven't gotten a legitimate firm nudge from the AD. CDC is talking a good game, but if he really wanted NIL funded, endowed, and supported, the big money wouldn't be completely reluctant to even talk. "

That was CTJ on monday.  I appreciate his contributions and I am not taking a shot at him. Lord knows Shaggy causes his own problems, but I just wanted you to know literally where Shaggy was coming from with that information.

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I thought people blamed that on Yurcich, but I mean the guy who lured him to Bama seems to be pretty good at recruiting QBs.

He got pissy about Yurcich looking at other QBs.  Ewers was the excuse he used to decommit.  

I have someone we do business with on the ranching side that claims to be plugged in with Bama that says Milroe will never see the field at QB.  Take that for what it's worth.  Jack squat.

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

He got pissy about Yurcich looking at other QBs.  Ewers was the excuse he used to decommit.  

I have someone we do business with on the ranching side that claims to be plugged in with Bama that says Milroe will never see the field at QB.  Take that for what it's worth.  Jack squat.

I've always thought Bama would be portal shopping for a QB after this season or handing over the reigns to Ty Simpson.

5 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

"What that also means is that the big money outside of CFC, so far, is on the sidelines and doesn't want to participate because they haven't gotten a legitimate firm nudge from the AD. CDC is talking a good game, but if he really wanted NIL funded, endowed, and supported, the big money wouldn't be completely reluctant to even talk. "

That was CTJ on monday.  I appreciate his contributions and I am not taking a shot at him. Lord knows Shaggy causes his own problems, but I just wanted you to know literally where Shaggy was coming from with that information.

Ya things have changed since Monday even

• Hook 'Em 8

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ya things have changed since Monday even

9 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

ALso keep in mind that at his core, RGB is an unfailing optimist. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This is EXACTLY what we need. There were 100k people in the stadium for a game against UTSA, if 1% of that number could give us 5k a year we would be funded in perpetuity 

What we need is for everybody to put in $1 at every game. Some form of taxes that actually just funds NIL. Kind of joking but kind of not.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So far, auburn has performed as well or better than dicker at fgs, and Trejo is hit and miss. Kickoffs though, but coverage has held up on those. 

i mean, you can say you think this but the kicking game would pretty much objectively better with Dicker a P/K than we are with Auburn, Pearson and Machete.

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

Makes me think of early 2000s College Gameday intros

"Pretenders" flashing up in front of Texas looked intentional. Ironically we were on track to make our first BCS bowl that year, against tOSU in the Fiesta. Then K-State shocked blOU in Arrowhead and we ended up in San Diego with an underwhelming loss to Wazzu. Blech.

49 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

FOH = fuck outta here (at least that's what Johntay meant)

I'm praying that Bama's offense continues to look like below for the foreseeable future.

Best Bill Obrien GIFs | Gfycat

I was offering some alternatives.  I have teenagers and have been versed in the acronyms of todays youth.  😁

51 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

FOH = fuck outta here (at least that's what Johntay meant)

I'm praying that Bama's offense continues to look like below for the foreseeable future.

Best Bill Obrien GIFs | Gfycat

I was offering some alternatives.  I have teenagers and have been versed in the acronyms of todays youth.  😁

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

This is EXACTLY what we need. There were 100k people in the stadium for a game against UTSA, if 1% of that number could give us 5k a year we would be funded in perpetuity 

Just donated.  Didn’t realize it was tax deductible.  Will likely donate more when sufficiently inebriated.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Regarding the difference in outlook on CDC between RGBIII and I, a few things are at play. One is disposition. Two is asymmetry of information. Tubby Tom Herman has been on a beach somewhere all week. I don't know what he's hearing. I've had board prep and then a quaterly board meeting this week. I've checked out and he's checked out. No clue why he's optimistic regarding CDC behavior right now. From my end, my view remains that way more shit would be happening from the big money is CDC wasn't talking out of both sides of his mouth in terms of support. 

As to this:

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

I love me some CTJ.....but in terms of optimist, realist, pessimist...

He's right here

Matthew Mcconaughey Crying GIF

and Syndey is 

True Detective Smoking GIF

I feel like either one, regularly. Mostly Rust Cohle this week. Fuck me. As to Sydney, he's Marty Hart. Or Ray Krebbs to my Bobby Ewing. Whatever. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1