Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Shaggyhorn said:

I wanted to offer an apology to this thread, @closetojumping, and @sydneycarton. I realize I gave my opinions as a passionate, but casual, fan to guys directly in the weeds with the current recruiting situation and administration. I’m very encouraged by the direction of the team and program and appreciate everyone who has a part in making that happen.

I’ll try to be better in the future.

Pathetic

image.gif.f27f5ca052aa7c2bc0c0419dc906e7c1.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted to offer an apology to this thread, @closetojumping, and @sydneycarton. I realize I gave my opinions as a passionate, but casual, fan to guys directly in the weeds with the current recruiting situation and administration. I’m very encouraged by the direction of the team and program and appreciate everyone who has a part in making that happen.

cut-it.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

What site do you think this is?
image.jpeg.27d891dcb02af6e7436f7615409f04ba.jpeg

image.gif.845d86a167309fb6e00bd479336d491b.gif

2 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

593FE02E-7096-471F-9FA8-BF69BD159CB5.thumb.jpeg.63365424901adaa1c18417043b368823.jpeg

5 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

I wanted to offer an apology to this thread, @closetojumping, and @SydneyCarton. I realize I gave my opinions as a passionate, but casual, fan to guys directly in the weeds with the current recruiting situation and administration, as there's a drive into deep left field by Castellanos and that'll be a homerun. And so that'll make it a 4-0 ballgame. I don't know if I'll be putting on this headset again. Whether that be for the Reds or my bosses at FOX.

9FB747D9-A373-4C83-9617-DA683187046A.gif.53683b72e9236f7c6d565c964e25a97b.gif

9 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

jake gyllenhaal GIF

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

One IT poster even wondered out loud if the Jalen Hale miss was grounds for Brennan Marion to be on the hot seat. Some real smart fuckers posting over there.

I mean, when you're losing guys to small-fry programs with nothing to offer like... Alabama (?? like that's even a real place!)... they have a point.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

One IT poster even wondered out loud if the Jalen Hale miss was grounds for Brennan Marion to be on the hot seat. Some real smart fuckers posting over there.

Those posters remind me of the first game in the history of the Texans at NRG (Reliant). They were an expansion team an lost to Miami 24-3 in the preseason.  On the way home I had on the radio and the first call they took was from guy who said “Hard to watch…is Capers on the hot-seat after this performance?” That was a new level of stupid to me 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Those posters remind me of the first game in the history of the Texans at NRG (Reliant). They were an expansion team an lost to Miami 24-3 in the preseason.  On the way home I had on the radio and the first call they took was from guy who said “Hard to watch…is Capers on the hot-seat after this performance?” That was a new level of stupid to me 

That’s a deadly stupid cocktail of Houston, nfl, and sports talk radio. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

To be fair he went 18-46 in 4 years so probably not the best example

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

To be fair he went 18-46 in 4 years so probably not the best example

In 2002 he had a clean slate.  He led Carolina to the conference finals in their first year.  They also drafted David Carr an passed on Julius Peppers….and they still beat Dallas. 

55 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

In 2002 he had a clean slate.  He led Carolina to the conference finals in their first year.  They also drafted David Carr an passed on Julius Peppers….and they still beat Dallas. 

They won 4 games in 2002, they beat a cowboys team that won 5 games. It was obvious he sucked from the get go

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 1