Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

2 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If Baxter ends up bailing, who's the contingency? Does UT go after Reuebn Owens or the in-state kid that recently decommited from Michigan State who stock as national recruit is rising?

Does it matter? Sark is only .500 at Texas with Bijan and Roschon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 4

5 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

If Baxter ends up bailing, who's the contingency? Does UT go after Reuebn Owens or the in-state kid that recently decommited from Michigan State who stock as national recruit is rising?

Reescano would be the move. Choice is wisely keeping him warm.

I believe Owens is a non-starter for a great number of reasons mentioned in this thread. 

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

56 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Does it matter? Sark is only .500 at Texas with Bijan and Roschon. 

If that's how you feel, why are you even in this thread?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Has plans in the works that don't include Texas is not the same as his plans don't include Texas.

Visits to Alabama and A&M would fit his statement. If Muhammad flips, this guy can say he had the scoop. If Muhammad doesn't, he can say that he just meant immediate plans to travel.

I see why y'all despise these guys. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Is that a $9.95er or just a commenter? 

That’s former Longhorn WR Darius Terrell, he was a better football player than he is a 9.95er and his career included 1 catch for 3 yards. He’s probably the worst/least informed person associated with Texas 9.95 sites. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

That’s former Longhorn WR Darius Terrell, he was a better football player than he is a 9.95er and his career included 1 catch for 3 yards. He’s probably the worst/least informed person associated with Texas 9.95 sites. 

Yes, he also is extremely biased due to his having a coaching position at Waxahachie. He got into a Twitter spat with Johntay Cook following their loss to DeSoto last month.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

That shows you the value of a RB. I think Baxter is a stud. I do not want to lose him, but I would trade him for a 5 star defense player in heart beat. 

Brooks and Blue are a nice floor as well, so it’s not like we are totally screwed if he decides to look elsewhere. RB is one of the least of my concerns because barring sheer bad luck our OL should be pretty damn good these next few years. 

4 hours ago, nycHorn said:

7873d7c246eb62ee2ed6e44f9fc16e29.jpg
35afaa575f98a5c6058bcc0378e8cc3c.jpg
d18784f6851ae53cbe04793d90228fbc.jpg

Edit: someone asked if the offer mentioned in the first post has anything to do with MM being shaky in his commitment.

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

“I’ve been told Muhammad has plans in the works that done include Texas” is the most 9.95 way to word a 9.95 post

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Is that a $9.95er or just a commenter? 

3 hours ago, bEastTexas said:

Darius Terrell was a TE, not a WR.

1 hour ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Darius Terrell was a TE, not a WR.

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

Ehh, did we really have any TEs back then? He was a WR before Texas and a WR after Texas

36 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I thought he was recruited as a WR and moved to TE because of lack of speed. These days, he would have been told to portal.

I'm pretty sure Darius Terrell was a big WR in High School that was recruited as a TE.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Brooks and Blue are a nice floor

Brooks will be a stud. He’s a natural and will be extremely productive if given the lead back role. 
I haven’t seen that from Blue, but he was hyped for a reason, so hope he can contribute. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1