Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

18 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Galveston. That’s quaint. Today we’re suiting up in our mountain cabin and riding a fanicular up a mountain in Deer Valley to the St. Regis. We’ll be thankful we’re not the plebes trapped down in Park City proper. 

Then we’ll feast on a Thanksgiving buffet like no other. Coq au Vin, Prime Rib, turkey, pork tenderloin, oysters, shrimp. Creamed spinach, pecan candied sweet potatoes, stuffing and dressing, potatoes au gratin, adult mac and cheese, asparagus and hollandaise, lobster bisque, salads, fruits, and every dessert you could want at Thanksgiving. 

We’ll be thankful for no cooking or cleaning and being thousands of miles away from in-laws and various other interloping rubes. Cheers.

image.thumb.jpeg.dcec20a53fb3dee842754d3fb65b71ec.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Galveston. That’s quaint. Today we’re suiting up in our mountain cabin and riding a fanicular up a mountain in Deer Valley to the St. Regis. We’ll be thankful we’re not the plebes trapped down in Park City proper. 

Then we’ll feast on a Thanksgiving buffet like no other. Coq au Vin, Prime Rib, turkey, pork tenderloin, oysters, shrimp. Creamed spinach, pecan candied sweet potatoes, stuffing and dressing, potatoes au gratin, adult mac and cheese, asparagus and hollandaise, lobster bisque, salads, fruits, and every dessert you could want at Thanksgiving. 

We’ll be thankful for no cooking or cleaning and being thousands of miles away from in-laws and various other interloping rubes. Cheers.

Sounds just like our setup. I mean, minus the great food and scenery.  

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yum 😋

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Interloping rube here. Go fuck yourself, turkey boy… 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Where to find Texas commits in action this weekend

By "EAR TO THE STREETS"   4 hrs ago

The post-season is underway in high school football. The Longhorns have several commits vying for a state title.

The Longhorns currently have 21 commits in the 2022 class - Five-star New Orleans Isidore Newman quarterback Arch Manning, five-star Desoto WR, Johntay Cook, Five-star New Iberia (La.) Westgate safety Derek Williams, four-star Dallas South Oak Cliff cornerback Malik Muhammad, four-star Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater running back Cedric Baxter, four-star Aldine Eisenhower wide receiver Ryan Niblett, four-star Teague EDGE Derion Gullette, four-star Austin Westlake EDGE Colton Vasek, four-star Harker Heights OL Jaydon Chatman, four-star Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic DL Sydir Mitchell, four-star North Crowley LB S'Maje Burrell, four-star Houston C.E. King DL Dylan Spencer, four-star Desoto running back Tre Wisner, four-star Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips OL Payton Kirkland, four-star Kahuku (Hawaii) linebacker Liona Lefau, three-star Frisco Wakeland OL Connor Stroh, three-star Melissa OL Trevor Goosby, three-star Dallas South Oak Cliff EDGE Billy Walton, three-star New Orleans Isidore Newman tight end Will Randle, three-star Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei TE Spencer Shannon and three-star Mansfield Timberview OL Andre Cojoe. The Longhorns also have three commits in the 2024 class in four-star Daingerfield cornerback Aeryn Hampton, four-star Clear Lake ATH Hunter Moddon and four-star Aledo cornerback Jaden Allen.

Let’s look at this week’s matchups.

*All times are local

New Orleans Isidore Newman QB Arch Manning and TE Will Randle: The Greenies (8-2) topped Sophie B. Wright last week in their first playoff game after a bye. Newman will face Baton Rouge University Lab in the quarterfinals of the LHSAA Division III Select playoffs on Friday at 7 p.m.

Desoto WR Johntay Cook and RB Tre Wisner: The Eagles (10-2) defeated Rockwall-Heath last week in an area-round win. Desoto will face off against Tomball in the 6A-DII Region 2 semifinal at The Pfield in Pflugerville on Friday at 4:00 p.m.

New Iberia (La.) Westgate safety Derek Williams: Westgate (9-3) advanced again with a win over Slidell (LA) last week. The Tigers will play their quarterfinal matchup against Monroe (LA) Neville on Friday at 7:00 p.m.

Dallas South Oak Cliff cornerback Malik Muhammad and EDGE Billy Walton: The Golden Bears (9-3) won their area round matchup against Lucas Lovejoy last week. SOC will face Midlothian Heritage in the 5A-DII regional semifinal at Vernon Newsom Stadium in Mansfield on Friday at 3:00 p.m.

Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater RB Cedric Baxter: The Eagles (12-0) squeezed by Tampa Bay Tech last week. Edgewater moves on to the quarterfinals of the FHSAA playoffs and will face Orlando (FL) Jones on Saturday at 1:00 p.m.

Austin Westlake EDGE Colton Vasek: Westlake (12-0) had no problems against New Braunfels last week. The Chaps will face San Benito at San Antonio's Alamo Stadium on Friday at 2:00 p.m.

Harker Heights OL Jaydon Chatman: The Knights (11-1) moved past Royse City last week in the area round. Harker Heights will face Spring Dekaney in the 6A-DII Region II semifinal at Waco's McLane Stadium on Friday at 6:00 p.m.

Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic DL Sydir Mitchell: Bergen Catholic (10-1) made it all the way through the playoff bracket and they are back in the state championship. The Crusaders will have to top Don Bosco Prep to take home the trophy at MetLife Stadium on Friday at 6:00 p.m.

North Crowley LB S'Maje Burrell: The Panthers (12-0) squeezed out a win last week in the Area round. North Crowley will face Prosper in the 6A-DI Region I semifinal at Arlington's Choctaw Stadium on Saturday at 3 p.m.

Houston C.E. King DL Dylan Spencer: The Panthers (8-4) keep moving after a win against Clear Falls. C.E. King will face Fort BEnd Hightower in the 6A-DII Region III semifinal at Cypress' Pridgeon Stadium on Friday at 1:00 p.m.

Kahuku (Hawaii) LB Liona Lefau: The Red Raiders (11-2) have made it all the way to the last stage. Kahuku will face Punahou in the First Hawaiian Bank HHSAA Football State Championships on Friday at 7:00 p.m.

Melissa OL Trevor Goosby: Melissa (10-2) topped Ennis in a thriller last week. The Cardinals will face Terrell in the 5A-DII Region II semifinal at the Ford Center in Frisco on Friday at 7:00 p.m.

Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei TE Spencer Shannon: The Monarchs (12-0) find themselves back in the state championship game. Mater Dei will face powerhouse Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco for the Division I California state championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena (Calif.) on Friday at 7:30 p.m.

Mansfield Timberview OL Andre Cojoe: The Wolves (12-0) defeated Barbers Hill in the Area round last week. Timberview will face Frisco Reedy in the 5A-DI Region II semifinal at Pennington Field in Bedford on Friday at 3:00 p.m.

Daingerfield CB Aeryn Hampton (2024): The Tigers (10-2) dispatched with De Kalb last week. The Tigers will face Newton at Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches on Friday at 6:00 p.m.

Aledo CB Jaden Allen (2024): The Bearcats (10-2) had no problem with Lubbock Cooper last week. Aledo will have a tough matchup with Midlothian at Midlothian ISD Stadium on Friday at 6:00 p.m.

Edited by LTtxfan
Brain fart

1 hour ago, Kormit The Frug said:

Just got married last week. Happy Thanksgiving from Motley County, Texas. In the heart of West Texas, population 400. Just got done feeding cattle. Im thankful for all the assholes on here that provide me with insider information so I can impress my  dad when I come home to visit. Im drunk and ready to eat. God Bless. 

Congrats and send my regards to Myss Pygge, @Kormit The Frug.

image.jpeg.9093b3ca80c232d7bcc8d81b635c6d25.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Kormit The Frug said:

Just got married last week. Happy Thanksgiving from Motley County, Texas. In the heart of West Texas, population 400. Just got done feeding cattle. Im thankful for all the assholes on here that provide me with insider information so I can impress my  dad when I come home to visit. Im drunk and ready to eat. God Bless. 

My condolences on your loss 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Rules and shit man.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Kormit The Frug said:

Congrats.

My father is from Motley Co.  Matter of fact, I took him to last year's 6-man championship game - Motley Co v Strom.

38 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Ehhhh... I'm skeptical how much of a priority DeAndre Moore is for Texas.

Whatever could have told you that?

Look, they can’t figure out if Greathouse will legitimately call Freeman and decommit. They don’t know whether or not to believe that Evan Stewart will actually come this way. They don’t know if Worthy sticks and Neyor will be a factor in 2023. 

Should they take Moore and Parker? Neither? Lot of variables right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

47 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Ehhhh... I'm skeptical how much of a priority DeAndre Moore is for Texas.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Look, they can’t figure out if Greathouse will legitimately call Freeman and decommit. They don’t know whether or not to believe that Evan Stewart will actually come this way. They don’t know if Worthy sticks and Neyor will be a factor in 2023. 

Assuming the rumors about UT getting 2 transfer portal WRs end up being true, I'm assuming UT only takes 1 more H.S. WR. In that case, I feel that Greathouse, Ja'Kobi Lane, & Kyle Parker are all higher priorities than Moore.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sir, I was told not to worry about the numbers!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Parker is a good take regardless Imo 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

We’re flexing riding public transportation to eat hotel food with our kids now? Sick.

9 hours ago, texifornia said:

He's going to eat at a hotel buffet on Thanksgiving. I can hardly comprehend such luxury. This is Aramark's real top tier shit.

The smell of new money is strong with that post

• Haha 2

I remember riding a funicular up to the Berghotel Shaztalp with my buddy Hans Castorp. He was great with a record player, but honestly I think he was using a TB diagnosis as an excuse to never grow up. A little more confidence and he could've easily landed Madame Chauchat.

Also, fuck Baylor. We're going to stomp them.

Edited by bad_teammate