Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

looked around.  Haven't seen this posted.   Sorry if redundant, but it seems germane to a couple of threads here.

sorry if I've missed it somewhere here. 

Coach Marrion twitter 27 Nov.jpeg

Pretty sure that was revealed as fake. Photoshop stuff from an OU troll. Maybe I am wrong, but that was the last I read on it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Its okay.  I had to teach my parents how to use a mouse - I can handle this.  What you're looking at is a screenshot of an alleged 'DM' (Direct Message) from Coach Marion to a random 'Texas' fan on twitter.  A 'DM' is like a text message between two people on twitter.  This screenshot is believed to be 'photoshopped'.  Photoshop is an application that allows you to edit pictures.

Son, I've been using the internet since it was made out of wood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5-star TE Duce Robinson discusses decision timeline, top contenders: 'I'm really in no rush'

Chad Simmons•38 minutes

Article written by:Chad Simmons

ChadSimmons_

(Chad Simmons/On3)

Phoenix (Ariz.) Pinnacle five-star tight end Duce Robinson is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the 2023 class. Right now, the 6-foot-6, 230-pound pass catcher is taking his time to find the right school.

“I’m really in no rush to sign,” Robinson told On3. “I’m still trying to narrow down schools, trying to figure out what school I feel would be the best fit. So I’ll probably end up signing in February and I’m not gonna graduate early.”

Robinson does not have any visits, including in home ones, set up yet. He also hopes to return to programs that have received official visits for unofficials.

Those schools are Alabama, Georgia, Texas and USC. The Arizona native is looking to see Oregon as well.

“I’m gonna still try to get down to Oregon, if I possibly can,” said Robinson, the No. 21 overall prospect and No. 1 tight end in the 2023 On3 Consensus. “But I guess we’ll see what happens. In terms of other visits, I’m gonna keep trying to visit all the schools I took officials to. I’m going to try to visit them as much as I can before I make a decision.”

While Robinson is working to reduce his list, he did not rule out new schools entering the race for his commitment. Coaching changes across college football “are definitely prevalent” in his decision.

For example, Robinson built a good relationship with Oregon offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who accepted the Arizona State head coaching job this weekend. He now may take an unofficial visit to the Sun Devils.

“I think Arizona State’s a great school, so I could for sure see myself maybe going up there, just on an unofficial,” Robinson said. “Just to be able to talk to the new staff a little bit and see how everything’s going.”

Robinson believes Texas is ‘building something special’

Robinson took an official visit to Texas on the weekend of Nov. 12. During the trip, which he called “a lot of fun,” the five-star spoke with Longhorns players and members of their 2023 recruiting class.

One Texas commit Robinson has grown friendly with is New Orleans Isidore Newman Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Arch Manning. The two spent time together on his visit to Austin.

“For the most part, me and Arch’s communication has just been checking in on each other, seeing how we’re doing more in our lives than in football,” Robinson said. “Just being able to spend that game with him, we were able to continue to build that friendship, build that connection. He might’ve thrown in a Hook ‘Em or two, but it was just a lot of fun being able to spend time with him.”

Texas tight end Ja’Tavion Sanders spoke with Robinson about what he could expect if he chooses the Longhorns. In addition to Manning, other Texas commits including Desoto (Texas) four-star wide receiver Johntay Cook II talked to Robinson. The Arizona native thinks that “they could really be building something special” under head coach Steve Sarkisian.

Robinson’s visit to the Longhorns also gave him a “better feel” of Texas’ culture. He enjoyed building relationships with multiple players and recruits affiliated with the program.

“The biggest thing is, they like to get the ball to their playmakers,” Robinson said. “If I could go in there and be a playmaker, then they’re gonna find a way to exploit that and use that. I think that’s a big part of it. Whatever I’m labeled as, whether it’s a receiver or tight end, I just want to make plays out there. They really delivered that message and made sure I knew that if I came there and could show that I would be a playmaker in that offense, I could find a way to get the ball.”

Oregon and USC are trying to keep Robinson in the Pac-12 footprint

Robinson has not discussed exact dates for a potential official or unofficial visit to Oregon. However, he is focused on “trying to find a way to get down there.”

The Ducks are still pushing hard for Robinson. Multiple coaches are involved in his recruitment, including Oregon tight ends coach Drew Mehringer.

“Oregon is an incredible school,” Robinson said. “It’s a fantastic school. I’m really interested to see who they’re gonna name (as offensive coordinator) next after coach Dillingham and see how it all works out.”

A Pac-12 school is considered one of the favorites for Robinson right now, but it is not Oregon. According to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, USC has a close lead for his pledge at 55.2%.

One thing about the Trojans that impresses Robinson is their quick success under head coach Lincoln Riley. A year after going 4-8, USC is in the Pac-12 Championship Game and likely one win away from the College Football Playoff.

“Obviously, wherever coach Riley goes, he’s gonna have success,” Robinson said. “I feel like a lot of people kind of expected this, but I’m not sure if they expected it to be this fast, to go from the season they had last year to being ranked No. 4 right now and being able to play for a national championship. It’s crazy, but it just really shows how good of a coach coach Riley is, how good of a culture he’s able to build and how successful the teams that play under him will be.”

The Arizona native talks once a week with the Trojans’ staff. Robinson added that he has a very good relationship, as well as trust, with the Trojans’ coaches. According to the five-star, “that’s big in the recruiting process.”

Robinson is also interested in USC because of their offensive success. The Trojans currently have the third-best scoring offense (42.5 points per game) and fifth-best total offense (506.6 yards per game) in college football.

“The offense (Riley) runs, it’s a big-play offense, where they let playmakers shine,” Robinson said. “So that would be really cool, to play for an offense like that. It is close to home, which is always pretty nice. And then, I do have a good relationship with a bunch of the guys they’ve got coming in in my class. So I think a little bit of all that helps them.”

Georgia and Alabama have Robinson’s attention

Recently, Georgia has been a school to watch in Robinson’s recruitment. The Bulldogs currently have the second-best odds in the RPM at 35%.

The success of Georgia tight ends Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington has caught the attention of Robinson. Additionally, the five-star is close with Bulldogs tight ends coach Todd Hartley.

“Not only is he a great coach, but he’s a great person,” Robinson said. “He really cares about his guys. I got to visit Georgia and (build) relationships with a bunch of the guys they have in that tight end room and guys that they’ve got there already. That’s a special group. It’s a special room. It was a lot of fun being able to spend time with those guys and plus, it doesn’t really hurt that they’ve got two potential first-rounders in the same tight end room. That’s almost unheard of, so what they’re doing is really special there.”

Georgia’s message also appeals to Robinson. He likes the program’s emphasis on a family atmosphere, as well as getting playmakers the ball.

“Everything is built around family,” Robinson said. “Every single guy on that team is a brother to each other. Being a part of that environment, it would be a lot of fun to be around those guys. It’s a we over me environment, which, I think, that’s why they’ve had so much success. Plus, in that system, (offensive coordinator Todd) Monken loves getting the ball to the tight ends. They’re gonna get the ball to their playmakers. At Georgia, the tight ends happen to be some of their best playmakers, so they’re gonna find a way to get the ball to them.”

The Bulldogs’ aren’t the only SEC school in contention for Robinson. Alabama has received two visits from the Arizona native, including an official on the weekend of Oct. 8.

Robinson is impressed by Alabama’s sustained success under head coach Nick Saban. Additionally, he and tight ends coach Joe Cox have a good connection.

“Bama’s Bama,” Robinson said. “It’s a factory. They know what they need to do to have success and it’s proven. They continue to do it. It’s crazy (that) they’ve lost two games this year and that’s considered a down year. If you want to make it to the NFL, it feels like Bama is one of those schools, where it’s one of the most efficient schools in getting its guys to the league. And plus, the relationship with coach Cox. He’s an incredible coach, so I for sure like them.”

5 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

5-star TE Duce Robinson discusses decision timeline, top contenders: 'I'm really in no rush'

Chad Simmons•38 minutes

ChadSimmons_

(Chad Simmons/On3)

Phoenix (Ariz.) Pinnacle five-star tight end Duce Robinson is one of the top uncommitted prospects in the 2023 class. Right now, the 6-foot-6, 230-pound pass catcher is taking his time to find the right school.

“I’m really in no rush to sign,” Robinson told On3. “I’m still trying to narrow down schools, trying to figure out what school I feel would be the best fit. So I’ll probably end up signing in February and I’m not gonna graduate early.”

Robinson does not have any visits, including in home ones, set up yet. He also hopes to return to programs that have received official visits for unofficials.

Those schools are Alabama, Georgia, Texas and USC. The Arizona native is looking to see Oregon as well.

“I’m gonna still try to get down to Oregon, if I possibly can,” said Robinson, the No. 21 overall prospect and No. 1 tight end in the 2023 On3 Consensus. “But I guess we’ll see what happens. In terms of other visits, I’m gonna keep trying to visit all the schools I took officials to. I’m going to try to visit them as much as I can before I make a decision.”

While Robinson is working to reduce his list, he did not rule out new schools entering the race for his commitment. Coaching changes across college football “are definitely prevalent” in his decision.

For example, Robinson built a good relationship with Oregon offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who accepted the Arizona State head coaching job this weekend. He now may take an unofficial visit to the Sun Devils.

“I think Arizona State’s a great school, so I could for sure see myself maybe going up there, just on an unofficial,” Robinson said. “Just to be able to talk to the new staff a little bit and see how everything’s going.”

Robinson took an official visit to Texas on the weekend of Nov. 12. During the trip, which he called “a lot of fun,” the five-star spoke with Longhorns players and members of their 2023 recruiting class.

One Texas commit Robinson has grown friendly with is New Orleans Isidore Newman Five-Star Plus+ quarterback Arch Manning. The two spent time together on his visit to Austin.

“For the most part, me and Arch’s communication has just been checking in on each other, seeing how we’re doing more in our lives than in football,” Robinson said. “Just being able to spend that game with him, we were able to continue to build that friendship, build that connection. He might’ve thrown in a Hook ‘Em or two, but it was just a lot of fun being able to spend time with him.”

Texas tight end Ja’Tavion Sanders spoke with Robinson about what he could expect if he chooses the Longhorns. In addition to Manning, other Texas commits including Desoto (Texas) four-star wide receiver Johntay Cook II talked to Robinson. The Arizona native thinks that “they could really be building something special” under head coach Steve Sarkisian.

Robinson’s visit to the Longhorns also gave him a “better feel” of Texas’ culture. He enjoyed building relationships with multiple players and recruits affiliated with the program.

“The biggest thing is, they like to get the ball to their playmakers,” Robinson said. “If I could go in there and be a playmaker, then they’re gonna find a way to exploit that and use that. I think that’s a big part of it. Whatever I’m labeled as, whether it’s a receiver or tight end, I just want to make plays out there. They really delivered that message and made sure I knew that if I came there and could show that I would be a playmaker in that offense, I could find a way to get the ball.”

Robinson has not discussed exact dates for a potential official or unofficial visit to Oregon. However, he is focused on “trying to find a way to get down there.”

The Ducks are still pushing hard for Robinson. Multiple coaches are involved in his recruitment, including Oregon tight ends coach Drew Mehringer.

“Oregon is an incredible school,” Robinson said. “It’s a fantastic school. I’m really interested to see who they’re gonna name (as offensive coordinator) next after coach Dillingham and see how it all works out.”

A Pac-12 school is considered one of the favorites for Robinson right now, but it is not Oregon. According to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine, USC has a close lead for his pledge at 55.2%.

One thing about the Trojans that impresses Robinson is their quick success under head coach Lincoln Riley. A year after going 4-8, USC is in the Pac-12 Championship Game and likely one win away from the College Football Playoff.

“Obviously, wherever coach Riley goes, he’s gonna have success,” Robinson said. “I feel like a lot of people kind of expected this, but I’m not sure if they expected it to be this fast, to go from the season they had last year to being ranked No. 4 right now and being able to play for a national championship. It’s crazy, but it just really shows how good of a coach coach Riley is, how good of a culture he’s able to build and how successful the teams that play under him will be.”

The Arizona native talks once a week with the Trojans’ staff. Robinson added that he has a very good relationship, as well as trust, with the Trojans’ coaches. According to the five-star, “that’s big in the recruiting process.”

Robinson is also interested in USC because of their offensive success. The Trojans currently have the third-best scoring offense (42.5 points per game) and fifth-best total offense (506.6 yards per game) in college football.

“The offense (Riley) runs, it’s a big-play offense, where they let playmakers shine,” Robinson said. “So that would be really cool, to play for an offense like that. It is close to home, which is always pretty nice. And then, I do have a good relationship with a bunch of the guys they’ve got coming in in my class. So I think a little bit of all that helps them.”

Recently, Georgia has been a school to watch in Robinson’s recruitment. The Bulldogs currently have the second-best odds in the RPM at 35%.

The success of Georgia tight ends Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington has caught the attention of Robinson. Additionally, the five-star is close with Bulldogs tight ends coach Todd Hartley.

“Not only is he a great coach, but he’s a great person,” Robinson said. “He really cares about his guys. I got to visit Georgia and (build) relationships with a bunch of the guys they have in that tight end room and guys that they’ve got there already. That’s a special group. It’s a special room. It was a lot of fun being able to spend time with those guys and plus, it doesn’t really hurt that they’ve got two potential first-rounders in the same tight end room. That’s almost unheard of, so what they’re doing is really special there.”

Georgia’s message also appeals to Robinson. He likes the program’s emphasis on a family atmosphere, as well as getting playmakers the ball.

“Everything is built around family,” Robinson said. “Every single guy on that team is a brother to each other. Being a part of that environment, it would be a lot of fun to be around those guys. It’s a we over me environment, which, I think, that’s why they’ve had so much success. Plus, in that system, (offensive coordinator Todd) Monken loves getting the ball to the tight ends. They’re gonna get the ball to their playmakers. At Georgia, the tight ends happen to be some of their best playmakers, so they’re gonna find a way to get the ball to them.”

The Bulldogs’ aren’t the only SEC school in contention for Robinson. Alabama has received two visits from the Arizona native, including an official on the weekend of Oct. 8.

Robinson is impressed by Alabama’s sustained success under head coach Nick Saban. Additionally, he and tight ends coach Joe Cox have a good connection.

“Bama’s Bama,” Robinson said. “It’s a factory. They know what they need to do to have success and it’s proven. They continue to do it. It’s crazy (that) they’ve lost two games this year and that’s considered a down year. If you want to make it to the NFL, it feels like Bama is one of those schools, where it’s one of the most efficient schools in getting its guys to the league. And plus, the relationship with coach Cox. He’s an incredible coach, so I for sure like them.”

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

TLDR~ Duce’s Recruitment is wide ass open. Line for NIL starts to the right.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I tapped that On3 link and then scrolled to see this:

EE36AA97-CF35-4FA6-B4C6-1F2F323FA6E3.thumb.jpeg.a7c0b7c779f093278d3fa4a768de49cd.jpeg

Who is this girl who died?

A65E1161-9403-4923-BD51-E151F80BB9CD.thumb.jpeg.101615f5f64c04de1f5e969d38c77e0c.jpeg

5D655ED4-C103-4D55-9B09-AC8428E79725.thumb.jpeg.33561676e5ecf52945a147f0e07a1a55.jpeg

Naya Rivera - drowned potentially while saving her son IIRC.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Naya+Rivera&source=lmns&bih=969&biw=1565&gl=US&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwic5YHo49L7AhUnlWoFHYSfArsQ_AUoAHoECAEQAA

Edited by Genghis
  • Hook 'Em 1

According to TFloss, IT is  reporting that Texas coaches will head west later this week to check on WR Ja'Kobi Lane, WR DeAndre Moore, Jr., & TE Duce Robinson. Lane is the WR the staff covets most at the moment.

As I said in the '23 transfer Portal thread a couple hours ago, Lane has got to be the biggest WR priority seeing as UT's other '23 WR commits/targets & WRs on the current roster are mostly smaller Z & slot WRs.

• Fuck You 1

Also IT reporting Texas has been in contact with DL Daemian Wimberly of Austin Vandegrift since the playoffs started and they want to get him on campus for a visit.

https://www.on3.com/db/daemian-wimberly-150278/

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/daemian-wimberly/JmLVIrGaD0Wl4ndMFJxR_g/default.htm

Impressive senior year stats.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 1

Twitter Science:

Banks just started following this JC receiver out of California (Cerritos College) that played at St. John Bosco.  41 catches, 848 yards, 12 tds in his one JC season.  

https://www.cerritosfalcons.com/sports/fball/2022-23/bios/doss_jaceon_hmv9

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/28/2022 at 5:51 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Chad Simmons•38 minutes

ChadSimmons_

(Chad Simmons/On3)

Talking about "going down" to Oregon and "going up there" to Arizona State -- where is Duce? In the Upside Down?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Talking about "going down" to Oregon and "going up there" to Arizona State -- where is Duce? In the Upside Down?

Some people are just directionality challenged. I had to pick up a girl at C-Mart in college because she got lost walking to my place at 23rd & San Gabriel from the DG house.  Go past Abels and hang a right was too complicated.  She got lost, walked back to C-Mart, and called me from the pay phone.

• Haha 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Some people are just directionality challenged. I had to pick up a girl at C-Mart in college because she got lost walking to my place at 23rd & San Gabriel from the DG house.  Go past Abels and hang a right was too complicated.  She got lost, walked back to C-Mart, and called me from the pay phone.

Are you like 100 years old?

• Haha 3