Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

48 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

From what I've read, USC is the biggest threat for Duce Robinson.  Their #1 receiving tight end, Lake McRee, caught nine passes so far this season.  JT Sanders has 49.

Lincoln Riley doesn't use the TE in his offense.

Threat to who? Georgia?

• Haha 2

Baxter going elsewhere after Bijan wins Doak Walker and the Oline gets older/stronger/wiser? C’mon man.

RB room going to be stacked for a while with Bijan’s performance oh and Roschon too.

J Brooks is a beast and Keilan has his place.  We’ll see about Blue and Wisner but I suspect Baxter sees significant minutes.

Edited by Dr.Dre

1 minute ago, Dr.Dre said:

Baxter going elsewhere after Bijan wins Doak Walker and the Oline gets older/stronger/wiser? C’mon man.

RB room going to be stacked for a while with Bijan’s performance oh and Roschon too.

J Brooks is a beast and Keilan has his place.  We’ll see about Blue and Wisner but I suspect Baxter sees significant minutes.

Wisner can’t even hold his starting position in high school

16 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Is Bijan going to win it over Corum?

• Rage+1 1

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Is Bijan going to win it over Corum?

This is my concern, too. Corum and even the kid from Illinois.

The TCU game fucked Bijan. Gameday in town, whole nation watching and the coaches/offense fucked Bijan right in the ass for all to see. Corum being sidelined against tOSU might save Bijan, but I kinda doubt it. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

From what I've read, USC is the biggest threat for Duce Robinson.  Their #1 receiving tight end, Lake McRee, caught nine passes so far this season.  JT Sanders has 49.

Lincoln Riley doesn't use the TE in his offense.

4 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Mark Andrews did not exist

Don’t forget about Grant Calcaterra & Austin Stogner. If Spencer Rattler had lived up to his potential last season & didn’t get benched for a true freshman in Caleb Williams, you could probably add Brayden Willis to the list of standout pass catching OU TEs under Lincoln Riley. 

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t know who needs to hear this but Duce Robinson ain’t coming here and was never coming here 

If so, what’s holding up the UT staff from offering Pimpton already?

• Fuck You 1

Ummm… your first sentence raises a major 🚩!

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Some people are just directionality challenged. I had to pick up a girl at C-Mart in college because she got lost walking to my place at 23rd & San Gabriel from the DG house.  Go past Abels and hang a right was too complicated.  She got lost, walked back to C-Mart, and called me from the pay phone.

Explain to me again why we are pursuing a directionally challenged person whose main role is to (hopefully) run precise routes so that the QB can get him the ball…

Yeah, directional awareness is totally overrated when running pass routes. 

5 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Don’t forget about Grant Calcaterra & Austin Stogner. If Spencer Rattler had lived up to his potential last season & didn’t get benched for a true freshman in Caleb Williams, you could probably add Brayden Willis to the list of standout pass catching OU TEs under Lincoln Riley. 

If so, what’s holding up the UT staff from offering Pimpton already?

Offering Pimpton ain't easy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Did the tOSU game hurt Corum? Because he got hurt and they didn’t miss him at all.

Not as much as playing the full game, getting a minuscule number of touches and losing would have. I don’t mean to wring my hands over it, but knowing the national media, they’re going to favor the guy on the playoff team who never really laid an egg, regardless of whether or not he’s truly the better RB. These awards aren’t handed out by NFL scouts. 

34 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Not as much as playing the full game, getting a minuscule number of touches and losing would have. I don’t mean to wring my hands over it, but knowing the national media, they’re going to favor the guy on the playoff team who never really laid an egg, regardless of whether or not he’s truly the better RB. These awards aren’t handed out by NFL scouts. 

D'Onta says Hi

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

7 LOS EE’s and your QB is so fucking money. Really they’re all big, but that part especially.

Baxter, Cook, Muhammed, Lefau, and (potentially) Hill coming in is big as well. At least 3 of those guys could be day 1 starters or heavily in the rotation.

9 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Baxter, Cook, Muhammed, Lefau, and (potentially) Hill coming in is big as well. At least 3 of those guys could be day 1 starters or heavily in the rotation.

Lefau especially is huge as I think we might have needed to dip into the portal at LB, even if we Lefau and Hill sign, if he wasn't an EE. If he shows up as expected I think they are confident he can play enough immediately in that Overshown spot they don't need to get a guy. Obviously getting Hill is huge as well but I haven't seen the same expectations of him being a year one impact guy as he likely just shadows Ford and backs him up. 

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

We need to grab one from the portal regardless.. Also IIRC, CTJ said there was a P5 starting Safety that is interested coming here

They really like the Stanford CB (who would be safety for us) that just hit the portal. I don't think he was someone they were targeting before the end of the season but I could see him as the primary pivot now that Anderson and Mathews are far less likely to leave Aggie.