Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texas Longhorns recruiting: Saturday morning intel

Gerry Hamilton•13 minutes

Article written by:Gerry Hamilton

GHamilton_On3

Chad Simmons/On3

The Texas Longhorns coaching staff was on the road Friday visiting commitments, targets and attending high school games.

And the grind continues today for Steve Sarkisian and staff with a number of in home visits on the schedule.

Inside Texas provides a rundown of the latest on the recruiting front.

Roderick Pierce and Texas

Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis flew to Chicago Friday to talk to defensive line target Roderick Pierce. The returns from that conversation were positive for the Longhorns. Pierce is locked in for his official visit to Texas December 17. Pierce is excited to see Texas, and Austin for the first time. The Pierce family is familiar with Austin. His mother has visited the Austin area more than once.

The most impactful news coming out of the Texas visit to Brother Rice was the feeling that the 6-foot-2.5, 293-pounder with a 79-inch wingspan is not locked in with Michigan. He’s remaining open in the process. Pierce will visit Illinois December 10 as well.

Steve Sarkisian in the Sunshine State

Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian, running backs coach Tashard Choice and offensive line coach Kyle Flood are in the Sunshine State today making a pair of in home visits.

The trio will first meet with Payton Kirkland and family at around 10 a.m. central. Kirkland is 100% locked into Texas, and will make his official visit December 17. The 6-foot-5.5, 335-pounder will enroll in January for the spring semester.

Following the visit with Kirkland and family, the Texas coaches will make the short trip to make an in home visit with Cedric Baxter Jr. The nations No. 1 ranked running back and On3 5-star also plans to be in Austin December 17 for the Longhorns big visit weekend. Baxter told Inside Texas earlier in the week he’s locked in with the Longhorns. Baxter is one of 12 early enrollees in the 2023 class for Texas.

Texas early enrollees

The Longhorns No. 5 ranked class early enrollees.

Arch Manning, QB, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman

Cedric Baxter Jr., RB, Orlando (Fla.) Edgewater

Johntay Cook II, WR, DeSoto (Texas)

Connor Stroh, IOL, Frisco (Texas) Wakeland

Andre Cojoe, IOL, Mansfield (Texas) Timberview

Payton Kirkland, OT/IOL, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips

Jaydon Chatman, IOL, Killeen (Texas) Harker Heights

Sydir Mitchell, DL, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic

Colton Vasek, EDGE, Austin (Texas) Westlake

Derion Gullette, EDGE/LB, Teague (Texas)

Liona Lefau, LB, Kahuku (Hi.) 

Malik Muhammad, CB, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff

Do we have a center take in this class? With 3 IOL EE's, curious if they have one in mind for C. 

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I think they also mentioned he's not confident that Aggie trip happens. I think for sure he'll be on our big visit weekend the 17th. Maybe we can lock him down .

I originally read that as:

”I think for sure he'll be on our bag visit weekend the 17th. Maybe we can lock him down.”

And I was happy that we are finally playing the game.

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m deeply deeply concerned. 

That Texas is about to bust out and vault back to the top of the elite programs of college football. Where will I focus all of my anxiety when that happens?

Aging. Erectile dysfunction. The marginalization of the trans community.

You know. The usual stuff

51 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

“Our recruiting edits have gone to shit, never should’ve fired (insert random media person who doesn’t matter here)” -Surl

I'm partial to that dude who posted here and sent that awesomely bad Superman edit to Zach Evans (and that Evans actually liked).

And to be fair to that poster, his Kelee Ringo one was pretty sick

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/30/2022 at 1:06 PM, Texas Wahoo said:

Bijan definitely had rough days against the two best teams he faced (12 for 24 yards against TCU and 21 for 57 yards against Alabama), while Corum never had a game below 4.6 yards per carry (other than his two carries against tOSU).  It may come down to whether the "voters" appriciate the differences in how hard each guy had to work for their yards.

And Bijan still had more yards and the same amount of tds to go along with a higher YPC, and I want to say more yards from scrimmage and receiving yards with those shit games in hand. I think he takes the Doak home where it belongs, but would understand if Corum got the nod. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

And Bijan still had more yards and the same amount of tds to go along with a higher YPC, and I want to say more yards from scrimmage and receiving yards with those shit games in hand. I think he takes the Doak home where it belongs, but would understand if Corum got the nod. 

The Doak Walker Award is given out of Dallas, TX, not out of Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI, or Toledo, OH.

THAT is why Bijan just may win it over Corum. Go back and look at how many Doak Walker winners have come from the states of Texas and Oklahoma. 

If he doesn’t win it, then blame Sark, because geography is in his favor. 

Edited by Napoleon
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1